Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Kasey out.

Kasey Kahne will not return to Hendrick Motorsports in 2018

article-twitter.png article-facebook.png
BY HOLLY CAIN | NASCAR.COM | AUGUST 7, 2017

Hendrick Motorsports announced Monday that it will not retain driver Kasey Kahne to compete in the team’s No. 5 Chevrolet for the 2018 season. A future driver for the car was not revealed, but the team said it would announce its four-car lineup at a later date.

Kahne, 37, won the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis in July and has 18 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series wins in 14 seasons. He was the 2004 Rookie of the Year.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Kasey out.

Kasey Kahne will not return to Hendrick Motorsports in 2018

article-twitter.png article-facebook.png
BY HOLLY CAIN | NASCAR.COM | AUGUST 7, 2017

Hendrick Motorsports announced Monday that it will not retain driver Kasey Kahne to compete in the team’s No. 5 Chevrolet for the 2018 season. A future driver for the car was not revealed, but the team said it would announce its four-car lineup at a later date.

Kahne, 37, won the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis in July and has 18 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series wins in 14 seasons. He was the 2004 Rookie of the Year.

Thought he might get a stay with his recent performance but as typical, these drivers always improve when they get their notice to vacate.

17 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Greg Biffle or Cousin Carl

I hope not....does Hendrick have an xfinity team or affiliated with one? Maybe JR Motorsprts? I'd like to see Beuscher in the 5 or Cole Whitt.

The wheel man better have a  sponsor that has  proven monies for a multi year deal. The brickyard only had 35k in the seats on race day.  francecar  is in deep trouble  under  bottom of the bottle brainless brian's leadership.   I have to wonder if some  tracks will have to close and will the sport decline into the dust pan of history like , ASA , AHRA , IHRA.   :dunno:

2 hours ago, hwytohell said:

The wheel man better have a  sponsor that has  proven monies for a multi year deal. The brickyard only had 35k in the seats on race day.  francecar  is in deep trouble  under  bottom of the bottle brainless brian's leadership.   I have to wonder if some  tracks will have to close and will the sport decline into the dust pan of history like , ASA , AHRA , IHRA.   :dunno:

Damn....It looked sparse at Indy but didn't realize it was that bad.

6 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Nascar was booming, building seats and adding tracks up until the recession hit 10 years ago. Then people stopped buying seats. Same thing happened in a lot of sports.

But Nascar has continued to fall while the others have basically held their ground.

Why?

I have my thought but I'm sure people a lot brighter than me are trying to put asses in the seats.

For now, the TV deals and the sponsors keep things rolling.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Thinking now it might be that William Byron kid.

You might be right Jim. I just found this on Jayski.

According to Adam Stern at the Sports Business Journal, William Byron is expected to replace Kasey Kahne in the Hendrick #5 next season. An announcement could come this week.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

You might be right Jim. I just found this on Jayski.

According to Adam Stern at the Sports Business Journal, William Byron is expected to replace Kasey Kahne in the Hendrick #5 next season. An announcement could come this week.

Well thats not good for him...

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Byron? Seems a little early to move him up to Cup. Sliced bread comes to mind.

I was being sarcastic...because some say the #5 isnt as good a equipment as the other Hendrick cars....Shrub did well in that car as a rookie.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I was being sarcastic...because some say the #5 isnt as good a equipment as the other Hendrick cats....Shrub did well in that car as a rookie.

I think there was a time when one of the HMS cars wasn't as good as the others, but that was long ago. And it's not so much that it wasn't as good, it was just more of an R&D car that had a lot of parts failures.

Just now, ckf said:

I think there was a time when one of the HMS cars wasn't as good as the others, but that was long ago. And it's not so much that it wasn't as good, it was just more of an R&D car that had a lot of parts failures.

Ya when Schrader and Craven were in it...everyone else who comes to mind did well....Ironman won the cup in the 5.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Ya when Schrader and Craven were in it...everyone else who comes to mind did well....Ironman won the cup in the 5.

Yep. That was the 25 car though. Terry was driving the 5 at that time.