Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

33 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

$60,000 might buy you a new late model and motor that would make WoO and Lucas Oil shows.  Probably won't run up front too often though.  

I've never asked about the price of a Bloomquist car though.  

He builds his own...so i would think that saves some coin

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

So he went through qualifying?

He won on Wednesday night, which pretty much guarantees him a starting spot for the A tomorrow.  

David Gravel won last night with a perfect 500 for the night, which hasn't been done since 92.  

7 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

He builds his own...so i would think that saves some coin

He sells them too.  I've never heard a certain price on them, but judging by other chassis, I'd say the $40,000 or north range for a roller.  

41 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

He won on Wednesday night, which pretty much guarantees him a starting spot for the A tomorrow.  

David Gravel won last night with a perfect 500 for the night, which hasn't been done since 92.  

Ok...refresh my memory...what is a perfect 500?

29 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ok...refresh my memory...what is a perfect 500?

For the races on Wednesday and Thursday nights, you build up points based on your quick time + heat finish + feature finish.  A perfect 500 is having the fastest qualifying time for your assigned night, winning your heat race, and winning the feature.  Top 16 in combined points make up the first 16 starting spots.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

For the races on Wednesday and Thursday nights, you build up points based on your quick time + heat finish + feature finish.  A perfect 500 is having the fastest qualifying time for your assigned night, winning your heat race, and winning the feature.  Top 16 in combined points make up the first 16 starting spots.

Thx! Been a few yrs since ive been there...think the last time was when Kinser won that race and The Big One at Eldora....the weekend before.

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

He sells them too.  I've never heard a certain price on them, but judging by other chassis, I'd say the $40,000 or north range for a roller.  

Maybe Im wrong, but I dont think he sells them anymore.

19 minutes ago, Legend said:

Maybe Im wrong, but I dont think he sells them anymore.

Very well could be right on that.  I don't pay as much attention to the late model world at the moment.  Not enough time or money.

Edited by racinfarmer

• Platinum Contributing Member

Erik Jones tops the speed chart in cool track conditions....Michigan lad...may have to pick him tomorrow. Speaking of Michigan drivers how come we never see Johnny Benson anywhere....I know he doesn't race anymore but you would think he would make an appearance on a broadcast or something especially at MIS.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Erik Jones tops the speed chart in cool track conditions....Michigan lad...may have to pick him tomorrow. Speaking of Michigan drivers how come we never see Johnny Benson anywhere....I know he doesn't race anymore but you would think he would make an appearance on a broadcast or something especially at MIS.

I though he did a little broadcasting after he got out of the car :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

He may have but haven't seen him in years.

Post-racing career

Benson currently works for the National Motorsports Appeals Panel

Just now, ckf said:

No, I haven't even heard his name mentioned in years.

I just did a search on him and there are a few guys I had  forgotten about whose careers were cut short by wrecks/injuries.....Steve Park and Jerry Nadeau for example.

• Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

I just did a search on him and there are a few guys I had  forgotten about whose careers were cut short by wrecks/injuries.....Steve Park and Jerry Nadeau for example.

Sucks what happened to those two :sad:

IIRC Johnny Benson got fucked up good in a fire or something. I think he almost died or something....

edit; didnt almost die, but was fucked up good at a track in Berlin MI

Edited by Legend

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I've thought Benson was a guy who would have been fairly successful if he'd have landed at a better team.  I know when I was watching every race, they'd say he was the best driver to never win a race, but he picked up one somewhere along the line.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I've thought Benson was a guy who would have been fairly successful if he'd have landed at a better team.  I know when I was watching every race, they'd say he was the best driver to never win a race, but he picked up one somewhere along the line.  

I always enjoyed watching him race and he seems like a good cat. :thumb:

40 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I always enjoyed watching him race and he seems like a good cat. :thumb:

He and Chad Little (I think that was the name) were always battling for the Busch Championships back in the day.

36 minutes ago, ckf said:

He and Chad Little (I think that was the name) were always battling for the Busch Championships back in the day.

There is another guy I forgot about...Chad Little.:thumb: