Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

by being so much better than everyone else he ruined the sport.  Earnhardt had Gordon as a foil for the explosion in popularity but there was no one who truly competed at Jimmies level for 5-6 years.   Had Jr been a real good driver i think that would have really helped.   The other thing is  technology moved people towards instant gratification with quick info and a 140 character attention spans and that doesn't fit auto racing well.  Less and less people are willing to put a whole weekend aside to make it about racing which has resulted in tons of empty seats at races.  I think removing second dates from some tracks including NH makes sense.  now should they take it to Vegas,  that can be argued although it will sell better there because people can make the race part of a bigger vacation.  Continuing to put races in new spots where they can fill once a year I think will have to become the norm but that only helps the ticket sales still doesn't help the fact fewer even care to watch  

JJ is best at playing the system....he doesnt care about winning every race...he is happy finishing the best he thinks his car will do that day. Nascar has made it easier for him with the chase set up imo.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

You can't blame it all on JJ. I do agree that his championship domination didn't help, but there's a lot more to it than just JJ. The economy crashing back in 2008 is what started the decline.

I can blame it all on JJ if I want.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya....  that is it.  That is what today's nascar reminds me of.

:iagree:

10 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

From the SR book of answers...

:kissmyass:

What can I say, the guy made valid points. I can't say that I always agree with him though. You should have seen the heated debates @Angry ginger and I used to get in to during our 2 and a half hour ride to camp :lol: 

Oh, BTW :dave:     Enough said :lmao:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

JJ is best at playing the system....he doesnt care about winning every race...he is happy finishing the best he thinks his car will do that day. Nascar has made it easier for him with the chase set up imo.

What's the end game in Nascar?

• Gold Member

being basically a ford fan my nascar attraction was cheering for a manufacture.    They all look the same and all run the same anymore.  

I also loved racing to a caution and guys fighting and wrecking each other to get laps back by getting front of the leader in case a caution flew.  Lucky dog is lame. Nascar was really cool when the cars at least looked like the car manufacture that they were representing.

Back in the day if Earnhardt jr would switch car brands he would have lost many fans but gain many that previously hated him.  With what it is now the entire Hendricks team could switch to a Toyota or Hyaundai or Kia and nobody would give a shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm really starting to like him. He's a bit of an outlaw but is an asshole like Shrub can be.

Yes and hes not a crybaby like shrub.

• Like 1

If anyone cares....

aug11-kasey-kahne-922x520.jpg

Kasey Kahne optimistic about job prospects for 2018

article-twitter.png article-facebook.png
BY STAFF REPORT | NASCAR.COM | AUGUST 11, 2017

RELATED: Silly Season tracker | Schedule for Michigan, Mid-Ohio

Kasey Kahne said Friday that he’s optimistic he’ll find a ride for next season after this week’s news that he wouldn’t be back in the Hendrick Motorsports No. 5 Chevrolet next season.

Kahne’s remarks came after opening practice for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Michigan International Speedway, site of Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN, SiriusXM).

“I started Sunday night, Monday talking to some different owners and personnel at different teams, just trying to show that I really want to still be in the Cup series,” Kahne said. “I want to race here and if there’s any opportunity, I’d love to talk about it. That’s been really good.”

The Hendrick organization announced this week that 19-year-old William Byron would begin his rookie season in NASCAR’s premier series next year, replacing Kahne in the No. 5 Chevy. The decision left Kahne looking for a ride in 2018, though team owner Rick Hendrick indicated that he would try to aid his search.

MORE: Byron to drive No. 5 in 2018

Kahne admitted top-level vacancies for next season are scarce, but he holds out hope that new driving duties will develop.

“I think we all know that there’s not a ton of opportunity and there’s some really good drivers that don’t have a deal done at this time that will probably end up in cars, I would think,” Kahne said. “I feel like the opportunities are pretty slim, but I’ve always tried to be really respectful and when I’ve the opportunity to go fast and win, we’ve been able to win some races. I would always like to win more, but we have some wins and have done a good job with the people in the garage and our partners over the years, so I really think I can come up with something good and something fun to be a part of.”

Kahne, 37, joined Hendrick Motorsports in 2012. The Washington native scored six of his 18 career premier-series wins during his six-year run with HMS.

The most recent of those wins came late last month at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where Kahne survived a frantic overtime finish to end a 102-race losing skid. He sits 19th in the points standings

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

by being so much better than everyone else he ruined the sport.  Earnhardt had Gordon as a foil for the explosion in popularity but there was no one who truly competed at Jimmies level for 5-6 years.   Had Jr been a real good driver i think that would have really helped.   The other thing is  technology moved people towards instant gratification with quick info and a 140 character attention spans and that doesn't fit auto racing well.  Less and less people are willing to put a whole weekend aside to make it about racing which has resulted in tons of empty seats at races.  I think removing second dates from some tracks including NH makes sense.  now should they take it to Vegas,  that can be argued although it will sell better there because people can make the race part of a bigger vacation.  Continuing to put races in new spots where they can fill once a year I think will have to become the norm but that only helps the ticket sales still doesn't help the fact fewer even care to watch  

I'm watching it happen at dirt tracks right now.  

There are a couple guys who have dumped $50,000+ into a class that pays $200-300 to win at most tracks and have just gone and dominated.  One of them won every race in the class at two different tracks last year.  

2-3 years ago, tracks were filling up with 20-24 cars in the class most weeks.  Now they are struggling to draw 8 cars in the class.

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm watching it happen at dirt tracks right now.  

There are a couple guys who have dumped $50,000+ into a class that pays $200-300 to win at most tracks and have just gone and dominated.  One of them won every race in the class at two different tracks last year.  

2-3 years ago, tracks were filling up with 20-24 cars in the class most weeks.  Now they are struggling to draw 8 cars in the class.

Ya but I like Scot Bloomquist.

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ya but I like Scot Bloomquist.

$60,000 might buy you a new late model and motor that would make WoO and Lucas Oil shows.  Probably won't run up front too often though.  

I've never asked about the price of a Bloomquist car though.  

Edited by racinfarmer