Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Was listening to Nascar radio earlier and they mentioned SHR might be trying to restructure his contract at a lower rate :dunno:

I didn't read the article but IIRC they are having trouble attracting sponsors...seems like it carries the Haas name quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I didn't read the article but IIRC they are having trouble attracting sponsors...seems like it carries the Haas name quite a bit.

There are a lot of teams having that problem lately. Of course the other thing they were speculating on was Kenseth moving to the 41 car.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

There are a lot of teams having that problem lately. Of course the other thing they were speculating on was Kenseth moving to the 41 car.

Nice for a guy like Menard to have a permanent traveling sponsor. :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Nice for a guy like Menard to have a permanent traveling sponsor. :lol:

yup,  might be a mediocre driver but daddy seems willing to give him a 20 mil a year allowance from the company because he can write it off as advertising.  must be nice.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Think they'll have sub-35 car fields next year?  Some of Danica's sponsorship is drying up after this year too, if I read it right.  

That very well could happen.

No booze this time, but I've been pondering more of my "If I ran NASCAR" stuff again, mostly relevant to the Trucks.  

I think the first thing I'd do is tell them they have to run a crate motor of some sort.  I want a Truck team to be able to go out and get a drop in motor for $15,000, or whatever.  I think it would definitely help with engine program costs.  There are a lot of great crate programs out there, but Toyota would be kind of screwed, and probably Ford too.

Second thing I'd do it make the Truck series a one day race.  You practice, qualify, and race all the same day, short track style.  It would help travel expenses.

Third thing I'd do is run the trucks at other tracks tracks, new tracks, and short, local tracks.  The negative would be the TV coverage (=sponsorship dollars).

• Like 3

On 7/30/2017 at 6:22 PM, Blackstar said:

They've "cleaned up" the outfits a bit. More sporty, less trashy.

When they started appearing @ the start of the season, I wondered how long that was going to last.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Erik Jones assessed a leve 1 penalty after Pocono....going to cost some points.

That will deduct 25 points from my total in the pool :(

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2017 at 6:51 PM, racinfarmer said:

No booze this time, but I've been pondering more of my "If I ran NASCAR" stuff again, mostly relevant to the Trucks.  

I think the first thing I'd do is tell them they have to run a crate motor of some sort.  I want a Truck team to be able to go out and get a drop in motor for $15,000, or whatever.  I think it would definitely help with engine program costs.  There are a lot of great crate programs out there, but Toyota would be kind of screwed, and probably Ford too.

Second thing I'd do it make the Truck series a one day race.  You practice, qualify, and race all the same day, short track style.  It would help travel expenses.

Third thing I'd do is run the trucks at other tracks tracks, new tracks, and short, local tracks.  The negative would be the TV coverage (=sponsorship dollars).

Fourth thing - If you are a full time Cup driver, you can ONLY drop down to Xfinity for up to 8 (25%) races a year.  You cannot race Trucks.  

Xfinity drivers can drop down to Trucks for up to 50% of the races a year (maybe, still not sure on this one).

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Fourth thing - If you are a full time Cup driver, you can ONLY drop down to Xfinity for up to 8 (25%) races a year.  You cannot race Trucks.  

Xfinity drivers can drop down to Trucks for up to 50% of the races a year (maybe, still not sure on this one).

I was listening to Kyle Busch on Nascar radio the other day. Kyle said the only reason he spends the $$$ on a truck team is because he likes to race the trucks. If they eliminated him from racing them he would shut down his truck team :dunno:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm hitting up the race this weekend, lots of excitement brewing for the 88 last run at the Glen..:bc:

Take lots of pics to share here :bc:

Just now, ckf said:

I was listening to Kyle Busch on Nascar radio the other day. Kyle said the only reason he spends the $$$ on a truck team is because he likes to race the trucks. If they eliminated him from racing them he would shut down his truck team :dunno:

Fuck him.  Can't cater to one driver.

For a while, you need a driver like him around push the talent level forward, but eventually it only does harm knowing you are essentially running for second.  I've watched it happen at a lot of dirt tracks the last few years and NASCAR isn't immune.  

• Like 2