Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was listening to Kyle Busch on Nascar radio the other day. Kyle said the only reason he spends the $$$ on a truck team is because he likes to race the trucks. If they eliminated him from racing them he would shut down his truck team :dunno:

Thats retarded.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Take lots of pics to share here :bc:

For sure,..it's a good time, go with my 3 buddies for the past 3 years, this will be our 4th.. Looking forward to some beer, bbq, and the sweet smell of race fuel!!

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

For sure,..it's a good time, go with my 3 buddies for the past 3 years, this will be our 4th.. Looking forward to some beer, bbq, and the sweet smell of each fuel!!

I need to get over there for a race sometime. I'd love to see the history of the track :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Like he said, why spend the money if he can't have any fun?

Why does rick hendrick have a team, Tony Stewart, Chip Ganassi...etc etc?

Just now, ckf said:

Like he said, why spend the money if he can't have any fun?

To promote the sport and give  young drivers a chance.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Shrub is being a cunt....shocker.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Shrub is being a cunt....shocker.

Yes...its things like this that makes not root for him anymore...I liked when he was a badass....now hes just a big suck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

See below.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

To promote the sport and give  young drivers a chance.

I'm not his biggest fan either, but he has nothing to gain by doing that :dunno:

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Do F1 drivers drop down to F3 to have fun?  Indycar drivers drop down the Indy Lites?

Hell no they don't.

Im pretty sure its in their contract that they can't.....im sure a few would drive sprints otherwise.

Just now, ckf said:

See below.

I'm not his biggest fan either, but he has nothing to gain by doing that :dunno:

Sure he does because the better talent that comes along and is developed makes the sport better which makes it better for everybody including him although I'm sure he thinks he does it all by himself except when Shit goes bad and then it has nothing to do with him.

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Im pretty sure its in their contract that they can't.....im sure a few would drive sprints otherwise.

Depends on the driver.  

Kubica pretty much ended his F1 career in an off season rally crash.  I'm not sure if he had a contract or no though.  

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on the driver.  

Kubica pretty much ended his F1 career in an off season rally crash.  I'm not sure if he had a contract or no though.  

I didn't know this....he was back in Hungary doing some testing.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/40780771

Start/finish line is now the overtime line for races

NASCAR has standardized the location of the Overtime Line as the start/finish line, a decision that will be implemented immediately ahead of this weekend's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series races at Watkins Glen International.

"NASCAR has been looking at the Overtime procedure for quite some time," NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer Steve O'Donnell said in a statement. "After many discussions with key figures throughout the industry, we recognize that having the start/finish line serve as the standard Overtime Line position will benefit the race - and, most importantly, our fans. We are implementing this immediately, starting with this weekend's races at Watkins Glen International."

Prior to today's announcement, NASCAR had typically placed the Overtime Line near the entrance of turn 3 on oval tracks. That process is now a consistent location for tracks of all types, with the leader now needing to complete a full lap in NASCAR Overtime before a race can be considered complete.

In an event that goes past the advertised distance, drivers must reach the Overtime Line (now consistently the start/finish line) under green-flag conditions following the restart. If the leader does that, the next flag will end the race. If the leader does not reach the Overtime Line under green, that will force another restart.

The procedure is similar to the previous green-white-checkered restart rules, but there no longer is a maximum number of attempts at the finish.

NASCAR's goal for races is to finish under green; depending on weather, visibility and other unforeseen variables, the sanctioning body can end the race under yellow if it deems necessary.

Could Richard Petty & Richard Childress Join Forces In 2018?

almirola-752x440.jpg

Imagine a NASCAR world where Richard Childress and Richard Petty join forces to field both the famous #3 and famous #43 under the same banner. That could be reality in 2018 if the rumors floating around the NASCAR world are true. A merging between two of the most historic names in racing would certainly create some headlines and a new storyline heading into 2018.

Door Bumper Clear mentioned this rumor briefly on their podcast Monday. DBC is good for mentioning rumors before everyone else and those rumors becoming reality it a common trend. While I won’t say this rumor is set in stone and going to happen I will say it does make sense based on other things we’ve heard.

Aric Almirola is looking to move up in the NASCAR ranks with Smithfield as his sponsor. Richard Petty Motorsports downsized to a one car team this year while continuing their alliance with Roush. An alliance with Roush is literally just a formality, nothing really goes back and forth from what people have said. RPM desperately needs Smithfield to stay with the team. Problem with that is the team’s performance and Aric’s desire to be in a more competitive car. Hence why he has been shopping himself around.

Insert Richard Childress Racing into this equation. Back when silly season was just starting there was talk that Almirola could take his sponsor and head to RCR in their third seat. Now it looks like Almirola might take his car, owner, number and sponsor to RCR. It will be interesting if this happens to see the #43 on a Chevy. Would the #43 have the Petty font on the 4 and the Earnhardt 3 on the back? Really mash NASCAR history into one gaudy looking car. RCR says they’ll field a third car in 2018 and we all expected it to be Ty Dillon. Aric Almirola brings money, RCR needs money. You can put two and two together.

If this happens it’d be a huge story. RPM has maintained their independence even when taking on investors and joining other teams. When Petty Enterprises merged with Gillette Evernham in 2009 it became Richard Petty Motorsports with Andrew Murstein being the controlling owner of the team. The team also absorbed Robert Yates Racing in 2010 to create the team we kind of know today. RPM has been a part of a lot of teams, RCR could be the next.

21 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Why has RPM had such trouble fielding a multi car successful team...Richard Petty is arguably the most famous name in racing.

It's hard to find sponsors willing to write that big check. It seems like the drivers are the ones that have the connection to the sponsors now, not the teams :dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

It's hard to find sponsors willing to write that big check. It seems like the drivers are the ones that have the connection to the sponsors now, not the teams :dunno:

Yeah I had no idea Smithfield and Almirola were joined at the hip.....but damn he is Richard "The King" Petty! :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah I had no idea Smithfield and Almirola were joined at the hip.....but damn he is Richard "The King" Petty! :lol:

I hear ya. The King doesn't seem to carry as much weight as he used to.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

I hear ya. The King doesn't seem to carry as much weight as he used to.

Imo...the king should have packed it in a while ago....other greats like Yarborough Wallace D Waltrip B Allison all tried to have their own teams and some almost went broke doing it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Imo...the king should have packed it in a while ago....other greats like Yarborough Wallace D Waltrip B Allison all tried to have their own teams and some almost went broke doing it.

Those guys while great drivers and popular don't have the star power of The King IMO. I also have to believe that the death of Adam Petty really devastated the family not only personally but professionally as well.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2017 at 5:37 PM, ckf said:

It is hard trying to find any willing to write almost any check unless the person writing the check is a fan of racing, at least on the local/sled level.  

• Like 1