Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

I should have kept Elliot..came from the back and having a nice race. Shrub still in it but that trip through the grass couldn't have been good. Blaney doing great and won the first two stages...Cole Custer is out.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

I lost Bowman and he was having a decent day.

Green White Checkers restart. I'd like to see Kyle Busch push past the 3 car but I don't think he's got the car today.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I lost Bowman and he was having a decent day.

Green White Checkers restart. I'd like to see Kyle Busch push past the 3 car but I don't think he's got the car today.

Shrub just couldn't get there...damn good day for RCR.

• Like 1

i know most of you don’t watch MotoGP but my son came to me last night and said I need to see this crash and I should go watch the entire race.

Apparently Marquez Had fallen early in the race on this same corner in almost the same way but managed to get the bike righted before hitting the sand/gravel. He re-entered the race in last place and thrashed the bike lap after lap until he was back to third and about to make the pass for 2nd when this high side happened. He was pacing laps a full second faster than any one else on the track including the leader.

This was the first race back. His arm was broken in the crash. He’s out for a minimum 8 weeks. This is the first time he has finished lower than 2nd in 2 seasons.

Fucking incredible in so many ways.

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

i know most of you don’t watch MotoGP but my son came to me last night and said I need to see this crash and I should go watch the entire race.

Apparently Marquez Had fallen early in the race on this same corner in almost the same way but managed to get the bike righted before hitting the sand/gravel. He re-entered the race in last place and thrashed the bike lap after lap until he was back to third and about to make the pass for 2nd when this high side happened. He was pacing laps a full second faster than any one else on the track including the leader.

This was the first race back. His arm was broken in the crash. He’s out for a minimum 8 weeks. This is the first time he has finished lower than 2nd in 2 seasons.

I was visiting my MIL and for some reason she put this on just before his crash...pretty nasty and it was pretty obvious his right arm was messed up by the way he holding it.

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It is really amazing how durable and resilient the human body is, yet how fragile it is.

23 minutes ago, Legend said:

5 yr old was killed learning to ride motoX bikes here this weekend. Was at the track and fell off. Got hit by a ATV. 

Man, that sucks. :sad:

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Larson competing at those levels ain't much different than kyle busch running trucks  

Busch is competing against drivers just getting started in Nascar. Larson is competing against full time experienced well funded dirt racers.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Busch is competing against drivers just getting started in Nascar. Larson is competing against full time experienced well funded dirt racers.

whose skills never allowed them to get to the next level

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

whose skills never allowed them to get to the next level

I disagree 100% with that. 

Drivers dont get to next level because they dont have funding. Nascar has NOTHING to do with talent or skills anymore. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Legend said:

Drivers dont get to next level because they dont have funding. Nascar has NOTHING to do with talent or skills anymore. 

I agree that bringing sponsorship dollars is more important than ever in Nascar.

I know Larson would like to be in Nascar, but do all of those guys want to move to a stockcar and always drive on pavement?

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

I agree that bringing sponsorship dollars is more important than ever in Nascar.

I know Larson would like to be in Nascar, but do all of those guys want to move to a stockcar and always drive on pavement?

Probably not. Idk about the switching for dirt to pavement. I think most just love racing. While they may prefer one or the other, if they can doing it as a full-time job, and make lots of $$$ they would do whatever, IMO. I have no doubt guys like Larson or Stewart would much rather race on dirt. 

But Nascar affords you to the opportunity to become famous and rich, while doing what you love. Be like Stewart. Make your millions, figure out how to get out of driving Nascar, but still have big income coming in (SHR), and piss that $$$$ away doing shit you love (owning dirt teams, driving on dirt, owning a dirt race track). 

• Like 2

If skills or talent meant anything to Nascar, we wouldn't have drivers like Quinn Houff, Daniel Suarez, Danica Patrick ever drive a Cup car. I could mention some "upper level" team drivers to this list as well, but then I'd piss somebody off and start a pissing match. 

Right now, if you dont have funding, or a pre-existing sponsor that wants you, you aren't driving a cup car. Just the way it is. It wasn't always this way, I agree. 

BTW, IMO it doesn't take a lot of talent to drive WOT all the way around a track. Anybody can learn physics (drafting). 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Legend said:

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Quin Houf drives the 00 Car in Cup for Star Com Racing...before he got this ride he had something like a combined 15 ARCA and Xfinity Starts but he brought the sponsor dollars with him. Granted they are a small underfunded team but his talent isn’t what got him the ride. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

If skills or talent meant anything to Nascar, we wouldn't have drivers like Quinn Houff, Daniel Suarez, Danica Patrick ever drive a Cup car. I could mention some "upper level" team drivers to this list as well, but then I'd piss somebody off and start a pissing match. 

Right now, if you dont have funding, or a pre-existing sponsor that wants you, you aren't driving a cup car. Just the way it is. It wasn't always this way, I agree. 

BTW, IMO it doesn't take a lot of talent to drive WOT all the way around a track. Anybody can learn physics (drafting). 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Quin Houf drives the 00 Car in Cup for Star Com Racing...before he got this ride he had something like a combined 15 ARCA and Xfinity Starts but he brought the sponsor dollars with him. Granted they are a small underfunded team but his talent isn’t what got him the ride. 

You beat me to it! 
Landon Cassill drove the 00 before Houff and he was respected because he earned his way to the ride and didn’t do stupid shit on the track.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

No pissing matches in this thread, just good ole fun. I think most in this thread are adult enough to discuss the different drivers without someone heaving a chair, lol.

The two that jump out at me are Clint Bowyer and last weekends winner, Austin Dillion.  Has Bowyer even won a race since getting in Tony's car?  Dillion might have 2 or 3 wins, but they have all been won on strategy. I don't recall the 3 car being the class of the field with AD behind the wheel.  

• Like 1