Check your account email address ×

No way will a NYC jury think THIS was a trivial offense….

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

No way will a NYC jury think THIS was a trivial offense: Alan Weisselberg
is alleged to have lied about his place of residence in order to avoid $238K in New York City taxes. 

Residents of NYC have to pay Federal income taxes AND state income taxes AND substantial NYC taxes. And no one enjoys that, but most people pay them anyway. 

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20982368/new-york-v-trump-org-allen-weisselberg.pdf 

Additionally, Weisselberg concealed for years the fact that he was a resident of New 
York City
 who was required to pay New York City income taxes. During the period of the scheme, 
Weisselberg thereby evaded approximately $556,385 in federal taxes, approximately $106,568 in 
state taxes, and approximately $238,159 in New York City taxes, and he falsely claimed and 
received approximately $94,902 in federal tax refunds and approximately $38,222 in state tax 
refunds, to which he was not entitled.

Timothy Geithner was a tax cheat and Obama made him Sec of Treasury.  :lol:  Dem Sen. from Missouri Claire McCaskill owed over $300K in taxes.   No jailtime.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 2

Clownshow 1st response - whataboutism

ummm, most laws are based off a precedent case. So most laws are based off of whatsboutism

Your a fucking clown

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Up here anyway, property tax pays for roads, garbage, snow clearing etc. I'm not happy how much it costs. You can change the rate you pay be living in a smaller house, or a cheaper community.

Income tax is easy to avoid, don't generate an income although starvation may be an issue.

Your #1 line item on that bill is school wages 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

It’s sad to see the Trump apologists here justify him breaking laws….it just never ends.

I want to know how he concealed the fact he was a resident of NYC?  How and where did he vote?  Where did he get mail?

3 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Up here anyway, property tax pays for roads, garbage, snow clearing etc. I'm not happy how much it costs. You can change the rate you pay be living in a smaller house, or a cheaper community.

Income tax is easy to avoid, don't generate an income although starvation may be an issue.

I send out THOUSANDS every year in taxes. Told my accountant about 4 years ago, I love paying high taxes...............'cause that means I made a ton of money!!

He said he had NEVAh heard anyone say that before.      :lol:

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s sad to see the Trump apologists here justify him breaking laws….it just never ends.

No matter what Trumpy does, they will support him because they THINK he loves America, and he is PRO-LIFE, Evangelical, Pro 2nd Amendment, Anti-Immigrant. 

They love his AGENDA, and will never turn on him.  

I say, just sit back, and enjoy the show!!!  :pc::pc::pc::pc::pc:

6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I send out THOUSANDS every year in taxes. Told my accountant about 4 years ago, I love paying high taxes...............'cause that means I made a ton of money!!

He said he had NEVAh heard anyone say that before.      :lol:

You live in a sheltered world then. And he just flattered you, most likely because your a customer.

3 minutes ago, CFM said:

You live in a sheltered world then. And he just flattered you, most likely because your a customer.

Why do you say I'm sheltered?

I really don't like you. Who the fuck are you? 

It’s a super old saying. You are not the creator of it. Just like your line of I csn buy and sell you. It’s from generations ago. Yawn.

2 minutes ago, CFM said:

It’s a super old saying. You are not the creator of it. Just like your line of I csn buy and sell you. It’s from generations ago. Yawn.

STFU!! I only leave the farm, when I have to.

Yes, I hate big cities.

Yes, I hate crowds.

Yes, I hate much of what I see out there, especially some people.  

I read thru the indictment, sorry to the guys that thought this was going to be huge, They're claiming he should have claimed on his taxes the time he spent in Trumps personal residence as income and the use of a company car also as income, I can't believe they were able to get indictments on that. But then again the Dems have been trying to figure out how to tax bartering for years. You guys that are all for this, just remember if you ever get a tow home from a friend, you better claim on your taxes as income the cost a towing company would charge you. You don't want to cheat your liberal government of their fair share.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mainecat said:

No way will a NYC jury think THIS was a trivial offense: Alan Weisselberg
is alleged to have lied about his place of residence in order to avoid $238K in New York City taxes. 

Residents of NYC have to pay Federal income taxes AND state income taxes AND substantial NYC taxes. And no one enjoys that, but most people pay them anyway. 

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20982368/new-york-v-trump-org-allen-weisselberg.pdf 

Additionally, Weisselberg concealed for years the fact that he was a resident of New 
York City
 who was required to pay New York City income taxes. During the period of the scheme, 
Weisselberg thereby evaded approximately $556,385 in federal taxes, approximately $106,568 in 
state taxes, and approximately $238,159 in New York City taxes, and he falsely claimed and 
received approximately $94,902 in federal tax refunds and approximately $38,222 in state tax 
refunds, to which he was not entitled.

ask Denis Kozlowski how that worked ducking the NY tax man.  he was the big swinging dick here in town till he went to jail and it started with ducking sales taxes and then they dove deeper.    

I say fuck TAX EVADERS!!  If I have to pay, then they should pay.

I read where WEASELBERG is worth a BILLION dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No one steals like Trump. He’s done.

They've been investigating him ever since he ran for office, and the best they can come up with is he let an employee stay in his house while he wasn't using it. 

I think people are confusing Trump's acquittals on impeachments with these criminal investigations.

Trump slid on those because he had the REPUB majority in the senate, which saved his ass.

These CRIMINAL investigations are totally different, he won't have party members to bail him out.

I'm not saying Trump will ever be indicted or convicted, I'm just saying if he does, he'll be in trouble. 

I do believe he is a criminal.