Check your account email address ×

C2 barn find

7 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Did I read that right? Did the author really imply there is rust on the body? SMH. In any event cool find.

He might’ve meant the underside. It is a cool find. I’ve been watching some of Dennis Collins and his barn finds. Pretty spectacular stuff. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

He might’ve meant the underside. It is a cool find. I’ve been watching some of Dennis Collins and his barn finds. Pretty spectacular stuff. 

Dennis Collins comes up with some pretty nice low mileage original vehicles. Gotta have a lot of contacts in that business.

1 minute ago, Skidude600 said:

Dennis Collins comes up with some pretty nice low mileage original vehicles. Gotta have a lot of contacts in that business.

It’s hard to tell how much of his head knowledge is scripted or real. There’s a guy who used to live in Minnesota who was like Dennis with VIN deciphering. Walking computer. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Did I read that right? Did the author really imply there is rust on the body? SMH. In any event cool find.

There is steel under that glass and I’ve seen it rot out bad. Looks like a nice clean car. 

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

There is steel under that glass and I’ve seen it rot out bad. Looks like a nice clean car. 

Yeah i knew they had rust issues, especially the frames, but I guess the way I read it made it sound like he was talking about the different shades of rust (paint) on the body. Could of been the beer last night that influenced my interpretation...........:ashamed: 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Yeah i knew they had rust issues, especially the frames, but I guess the way I read it made it sound like he was talking about the different shades of rust (paint) on the body. Could of been the beer last night that influenced my interpretation...........:ashamed: 

no I read it the same way as you it was a little confusing. I was just saying there is a steel skeleton under the glass that very often rots away. Most people just think they are all glass but that’s not true.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

no I read it the same way as you it was a little confusing. I was just saying there is a steel skeleton under the glass that very often rots away. Most people just think they are all glass but that’s not true.

:bc:

14 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s hard to tell how much of his head knowledge is scripted or real. There’s a guy who used to live in Minnesota who was like Dennis with VIN deciphering. Walking computer. 

I know guys like that. Can tell you how many were made right off the top of their head. A lot of research and a good memory.

I got my barn find lol. The wacky paint job doesn't do it any justice and will be painted back to the original colour. It's a project car that is still intact and needs some TLC and sofar I've got a new gas tank,brakes,interior carpeting,carb,fuel and all brake lines,fuel pump and need to order all the vacuum lines. 

20210510_072721.jpg

20210330_154209.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Skidude600 said:

As such, the glorious head-turning lines of the second generation are barely seen beneath all the multi-colored rust. 

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I got my barn find lol. The wacky paint job doesn't do it any justice and will be painted back to the original colour. It's a project car that is still intact and needs some TLC and sofar I've got a new gas tank,brakes,interior carpeting,carb,fuel and all brake lines,fuel pump and need to order all the vacuum lines. 

20210510_072721.jpg

20210330_154209.jpg

Sounds like yours has some rust on the inner steel frame there calling windshield frame on that estimate. Look at the lower pillers good once the windshield part rots out the lowers aren’t far behind. What’s the factory color on that car?

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Sounds like yours has some rust on the inner steel frame there calling windshield frame on that estimate. Look at the lower pillers good once the windshield part rots out the lowers aren’t far behind. What’s the factory color on that car?

The car had a body off restoration in 81-82. The bird cages are solid under the front and rear posts and the original colour was Elkhart Green. With the new paints out there they should be able to get it close. 

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The car had a body off restoration in 81-82. The bird cages are solid under the front and rear posts and the original colour was Elkhart Green. With the new paints out there they should be able to get it close. 

Nice, green will look nice. I like old cars with that shade of green with the chrome always looks good.

23 hours ago, Skidude600 said:

No, you’re interpretation was spot on. The person who wrote the story is an idiot. 

“As such, the glorious head-turning lines of the second generation are barely seen beneath all the multi-colored rust.” 

They didn’t mean any of the frame or hidden body structure. The idiot was referring to the body itself, period. Solid source for automotive reading there. 

Anyway. If I could only pick one high level car to own, it would be a 1967 L89 coupe. Hell, I’d even settle for an L71, tbh.