Check your account email address ×

Not to Shabby

Wall Street Wanted 600% Earnings Gains From Polaris; It Posted a 900% Surge

The maker of powersports vehicles saw strong across-the-board gains.

large.ashx
Rich Duprey
(TMFCop)
Apr 27, 2021 at 11:12AM

Wall Street set the bar high for Polaris Industries' (NYSE:PII) first-quarter earnings results, forecasting the powersports vehicle manufacturer would post profits that soared 600% from the year-ago period.

The maker of ATVs, snowmobiles, and motorcycles went even further, though, recording adjusted earnings of $2.30 per share, a tenfold increase over last year's $0.22 and well ahead of analyst estimates of $1.56 per share.

Revenue of $1.95 billion also beat Wall Street's guess of $1.84 billion, and was up 38% from the year-ago figure of $1.41 billion.

Two snowmobile riders

IMAGE SOURCE: POLARIS INDUSTRIES.

Interim CEO Mike Speetzen said that despite disruptions to its logistics and supply chain due to the pandemic and weather, Polaris delivered "results that exceeded our expectations" with sales growing by double-digit percentages.

Sales of off-road vehicles (ORVs) and snowmobiles were up 50%, motorcycle sales were up 31%, and its global adjacent markets -- its specialized military and commercial ORVs, quadricycles, and electric vehicles -- were up 27%. Sales of aftermarket parts rose 14%, and boat sales jumped 29%. All segments reported rising profits, too.

That led Polaris to raise full-year guidance, and it now expects adjusted net income to be in a range of $9.00 to $9.25 per share compared to its prior outlook of $8.45 to $8.75, and some 18% above the $7.74 it generated in 2020.

The sales outlook was also raised, and the company now forecasts revenue between $8.3 billion and $8.5 billion, up 18% to 21% year over year and ahead of its prior forecast of $7.95 billion to $8.15 billion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also helps most of there workers who have toys as part of there package pretty much got fucked out of a sled or 3 this season and if yiu did get one winter was all but over and yiu have to keep it in to next season 

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Also helps most of there workers who have toys as part of there package pretty much got fucked out of a sled or 3 this season and if yiu did get one winter was all but over and yiu have to keep it in to next season 

had i not bought my BC XRS i found an 86 mile SBA 146 850 end of season,  it got delivered for a rental fleet and got out 1 day before the snow melted.  Delivery was an issue for Poo across the board in 21.  with all these spring checks all the manufacturers better be on top of suppliers early or there will be a lot of pissed off people.   Poo and Doo dealers had their best spring check in decades.  

Yeah lets hope their chain case bearing supplier gets their act together.  They can't get the skinny bearing for the cover that ALL non-belt drive Polaris sleds use right now.

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

They didn't build for employees until customer orders were complete.  Some showed up at the end of January.

32 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

They didn't build for employees until customer orders were complete.  Some showed up at the end of January.

My snowcheck showed up Jan 15th 

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Ouch....with the correct shocks?

Yeah it was all there, still managed to put 3320 miles on it before the jackshaft bearing I should have added grease to myself failed.....

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Yeah it was all there, still managed to put 3320 miles on it before the jackshaft bearing I should have added grease to myself failed.....

bearing seems to be an issue on the polaris couple of those who do regualr vids on them had the same issue. 

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bearing seems to be an issue on the polaris couple of those who do regualr vids on them had the same issue. 

That jackshaft bearing has been an issue for years.  I'm just kicking myself for trusting the factory grease in the bearing.  I opened it up at 2 miles, and it was pretty full, so I thought it would last a shortened season for me.  Lesson learned, I won't go 2000 miles without checking that and the driveshaft bearing again.  My '18 had almost nothing in it at 240 miles when I bought it.  Good thing I have a backup to the backup..... A guy I know popped the seal off his Matryx VR1 850 and at 1500 miles it was bone dry.

20 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

That jackshaft bearing has been an issue for years.  I'm just kicking myself for trusting the factory grease in the bearing.  I opened it up at 2 miles, and it was pretty full, so I thought it would last a shortened season for me.  Lesson learned, I won't go 2000 miles without checking that and the driveshaft bearing again.  My '18 had almost nothing in it at 240 miles when I bought it.  Good thing I have a backup to the backup..... A guy I know popped the seal off his Matryx VR1 850 and at 1500 miles it was bone dry.

I drilled a 1/64" hole in the seal and used a needle tip to pump in synthetic grease in my IQR still going strong.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

odd i've put 6k+ on a bunch of doos with sealed bearings with no issues.  think the alst time i greased a sled was my 05 MXZ.  

35 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I drilled a 1/64" hole in the seal and used a needle tip to pump in synthetic grease in my IQR still going strong.

I use a needle tip to refill all the bearings as well, just one extra step, removing the seal to see what it looks like.....

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

odd i've put 6k+ on a bunch of doos with sealed bearings with no issues.  think the alst time i greased a sled was my 05 MXZ.  

Yeah, my Ski-Doo buds (2) don't have the bearing issues I've had - then again, I usually put almost that many miles on in a season, sometimes more.  So its in my best interest to stay on top of the ones in my Polaris.

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

31 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Jesus christ, in this day and age when sleds are 15k +, why in the flying fuck can't a manufacturer make jack and driveshaft bearings last and be easily and effectively greasable? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Jesus christ, in this day and age when sleds are 15k +, why in the flying fuck can't a manufacturer make jack and driveshaft bearings last and be easily and effectively greasable? 

The quality of these bearings are shit, guess you need to spend 20,000 to get god ones.

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

I use a needle tip to refill all the bearings as well, just one extra step, removing the seal to see what it looks like.....

I have done that too sometimes the seals can be a bitch to get out and in without bending.

9 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not many most guys I know were lucky to get a sled by March.  Most were using last yrs fleet check outs if they had a trip planned.   the corporate west metro guys any way . 

Also nothing on the workers toys site for sale except a few sportsman . This time of yr should be flooded with sleds and last yrs sxs 

Edited by Ez ryder

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Not many most guys I know were lucky to get a sled by March.  Most were using last yrs fleet check outs if they had a trip planned.   the corporate west metro guys any way . 

Also nothing on the workers toys site for sale except a few sportsman . This time of yr should be flooded with sleds and last yrs sxs 

I have people pestering us for our 2 XP 1000's and the RZR XP 1000, I don't wish to sell them though.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I have people pestering us for our 2 XP 1000's and the RZR XP 1000, I don't wish to sell them though.

Prob is you have to go out and spend 24g to replace a sxs with a base model . Fucking nuts. 

I will say I was with a guy this weekend and I took his talon for a spin for about a hr got me itch to blow some money now lol 

My wildcat is getting pretty loose from 4k miles of abuse 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Prob is you have to go out and spend 24g to replace a sxs with a base model . Fucking nuts. 

I will say I was with a guy this weekend and I took his talon for a spin for about a hr got me itch to blow some money now lol 

My wildcat is getting pretty loose from 4k miles of abuse 

cant find a talon around here.  its what my buddy and i were shopping for him and only one had sold so he got the only X3 we could find.  Base models in the 20s for sure.  i'm thinking about a 1000 mile X3 RC to replace my XXc