Check your account email address ×

New addition

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'm a lefty so the ambidex mag drop and slide release are a dream...

It’s a quality fire arm.  I expect it to go up in price in the future.  It’s at glock pricing but a superior weapon for sure.  

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'm a lefty so the ambidex mag drop and slide release are a dream...

x2.  Worst issue I have shooting a gun is my left eye was tuned for close/reading after getting the lasik, so I either have to wear corrective long distance glasses or I can't shoot for shit at any distance.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2.  Worst issue I have shooting a gun is my left eye was tuned for close/reading after getting the lasik, so I either have to wear corrective long distance glasses or I can't shoot for shit at any distance.  :lol: 

My old man is a lefty and he can’t shoot for shit either....and he’s ex-fucking Delta.  :lol:

• Sad 1

Nice. I need to get a handgun with some stopping power. Only pistol I have now is a Ruger 22. Fun for killing small shit. Also a lefty here but I shoot long guns righty. Slightly right eye dominant but not by much. 

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My old man is a lefty and he can’t shoot for shit either....and he’s ex-fucking Delta.  :lol:

I wasn't thinking about shooting guns when I had it done 20 years ago.  My buddy and his brother were both eye docs, and they had the surgery on their own eyes, so I just did what he told me.  Should have reversed the distance/reading eyes.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Nice. I need to get a handgun with some stopping power. Only pistol I have now is a Ruger 22. Fun for killing small shit. Also a lefty here but I shoot long guns righty. Slightly right eye dominant but not by much. 

look at the sig 320

I have an S+W 9 mm with a 13 shot magazine, got it when the wife was pregnant with our first, which puts it at 31 years old.  Barely used, probably haven't put more than 50 rounds through it. I paid almost 500 bucks for it back then.  Wonder what its worth today.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

who in NH sold  handgun to a Maine resident?

They drove over the Maine line and completed the transfer. :bc:

Kinda like when we bought the Sidewinders. The dealer in New York drove up to the state line and delivered them 'in Vermont', nixing New York taxes.

Edited by Snake

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

look at the sig 320

They are all making good guns now. Sig, taurus, sw m&p's, springfield, ruger walther, etc... My buddy just picked up a canik and it's a damn nice shooting gun. It really comes down to how it feels in your hand and personal preference. 

Problem is buying ammo. Before you could go to the range and try out several guns but the only guns the range by me is loaning out are .40 cal and .380. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

They are all making good guns now. Sig, taurus, sw m&p's, springfield, ruger walther, etc... My buddy just picked up a canik and it's a damn nice shooting gun. It really comes down to how it feels in your hand and personal preference. 

Problem is buying ammo. Before you could go to the range and try out several guns but the only guns the range by me is loaning out are .40 cal and .380. 

THIS :goodpost:

Agreed- most handguns I have shot recently are decent. Every gun feels a little bit different, and it is always personal preference- but they are all decent now days. I always recommended that people try out as many handguns as they can to find the one that is the best fit for them. By pure luck, a range officer let me try a FN/FNH FNS9. I had never tried one, but ended up buying 2. A FNS9L for range, and a FNS9C for carry. I also have a S&W M&P9 for carry, but it is a little small for my hands. 

I transitioned to 9mm. Most of the time I can still get it, and it doesn't cost a fortune to shoot. It also has sufficient (tho not perfect) stopping power. You're not going to be proficient if you don't shoot a firearm regularly. I'm not a great shot, but I shudder to think how bad I would be if I didn't shoot regularly. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

I've found ammo online about every time I've looked for it. A few months back was different.

I've picked up 400 rounds of .45, 200 9mm, 200 .40.... probably $700 or so....

• Like 1

Just now, Snake said:

I've found ammo online about every time I've looked for it. A few months back was different.

I've picked up 400 rounds of .45, 200 9mm, 200 .40.... probably $700 or so....

Online is best but it's still expensive. Last 9mm I bought was $0.11/round. I've seen it for $1/round. That's ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Online is best but it's still expensive. Last 9mm I bought was $0.11/round. I've seen it for $1/round. That's ridiculous. 

Yep. But I'd rather have it and not need it......

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

And I forgot... NO MASKS required.

just grabbed 2 slices at a joint at the beach,   SMH order outside and wait outside for it and yet everyone was wearing masks.  Can't figure out why- it's outside and easy enough to stay "socially distant"  if you feel the need.  I got a few glares and just DGAF at this point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

just grabbed 2 slices at a joint at the beach,   SMH order outside and wait outside for it and yet everyone was wearing masks.  Can't figure out why- it's outside and easy enough to stay "socially distant"  if you feel the need.  I got a few glares and just DGAF at this point.  

Glare back.  It makes people really nervous.  You being a ginger.....it’ll prolly scare the living shit out of them.  LOL

3 hours ago, Snake said:

I think I have 100 rounds of .45 in the pipeline and I will be set till prices come down.

Glad to see 'Remington' getting back into production.

When I’m asked how much ammo I have, my canned response is always, “Enough to go get more.”

• Haha 1