Check your account email address ×

Canadian national anthem to become gender neutral.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

It simply doesn't need change. Been this way since it was written. Change for the sake of change is stupid. Change for the better is worthwhile but this doesn't make it better. 

:nuts: Including women doesn't make it better? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts: similar mentality that gay marriage will lead to the rape of children and marrying your pets.. :lol: Has that happened?  Why would the flag change?  

Admit it - you're opposed because the libs proposed it and you're a crotchety conservative who fears change :bc: 

Actually I have no stand in politics.  They all screw you at some point.  I agree some change or introductions of new things is a good thing, but seriously, why change the anthem? Been this way forever,and like I said, once people realize that It was something that could be done,they'll go after other things.  Where do you stop .? 

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Actually I have no stand in politics.  They all screw you at some point.  I agree some change or introductions of new things is a good thing, but seriously, why change the anthem? Been this way forever,and like I said, once people realize that It was something that could be done,they'll go after other things.  Where do you stop .? 

Where do you stop?  It's fluid and there is no definitive answer.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

It does not matter, the new Canadians could give a shit about the Canadian Anthem.

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Exactly 

That's why this is a no brainer to support.  It includes half your population that's being left out....it's a simple change yet impacts a large group of citizens.  

Just now, SnowRider said:

That's why this is a no brainer to support.  It includes half your population that's being left out....it's a simple change yet impacts a large group of citizens.  

They need to find something else to change.  The anthem is who we are . 

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

All men? :snack:

No. Proud Canadians.  Doesn't matter anyways. ..it was passed .

2 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

Beautiful anthem when I here it sends chills down my spine. As an American I say God bless Canada  :bc: To bad they suck at hockey. :bc:

Right on :friends:. I actually really like the US anthem.  Can't remember some of the words ,but it's cool 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

No. Proud Canadians.  Doesn't matter anyways. ..it was passed .

Right on :friends:. I actually really like the US anthem.  Can't remember some of the words ,but it's cool 

X2.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It does not matter, the new Canadians could give a shit about the Canadian Anthem.

The Canadian Anthem is in English and French.... I can't wait for the Arabic version.

53 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

More than ever now we sure could use this in our county IMO. This should have been our US anthem, most powerful rendition I have ever heard. 

Interesting ...won't play in Canada it says "content from SME blocked in your country " ???

Edited by Slider

10 minutes ago, Slider said:

Interesting ...won't play in Canada it says "content from SME blocked in your country " ???

Maybe this will work in your country. YES God Bless America!!