Check your account email address ×

Remember when "Making a Murderer" was the hot topic?

Seems like a long time ago, and although I was late to the game in watching the Netflix show it was pretty damn good.  Since I'm sick of all the BS in the news about people resisting arrests and getting shot, I thought I'd throw this out there for any fans of the show.

https://www.channel3000.com/new-motion-filed-by-steven-averys-attorney-accuses-nephew-bobby-dassey-of-planting-rav-4/

New motion filed by Steven Avery’s attorney accuses nephew Bobby Dassey of planting RAV-4

Posted: April 12, 2021 3:32 PM
Updated: April 12, 2021 6:39 PM

MADISON, Wis. — The attorney for Steven Avery is filing a new motion claiming Avery’s nephew planted the car of missing photographer Teresa Halbach at the Avery Salvage Yard.

Kathleen Zellner filed the motion Monday, saying a new witness came forward with information on Sunday.

In the motion, the new witness identified as Thomas Sowinski claims he was delivering newspapers to the Avery Salvage Yard during the early morning hours of November 5, 2005 when he saw a shirtless Bobby Dassey and an unidentified older man pushing a dark blue RAV-4 down Avery Road toward the junkyard.

According to the motion, Sowinski says Bobby Dassey tried to block him from leaving the property, but he was able to drive into the ditch to get around Dassey and leave the property.

Sowinski claims he called the Manitowoc Sheriff’s Office later that day to report what he had seen, but was told by an officer, “We already know who did it.” Sowinski says he left his phone number and was told someone from the Sheriff’s Office would contact him, but no one ever did.

Dassey went on to become one of the key witnesses used by the prosecution in the trial against Avery, testifying he saw Halbach taking photos on the property but did not see her again after she went into Avery’s trailer. Dassey testified that Halbach’s car was still on the property when he left to go hunting, but the RAV-4 was gone by the time he returned.

Halbach’s RAV-4 was later found in Avery’s Salvage Yard with Avery’s blood inside, and Halbach’s remains were found in Avery’s burn pit. Zellner has claimed all of those items were planted.

The motion is the latest to be filed by Zellner in her attempt to prove a “Brady violation,” claiming the prosecution suppressed evidence that would have been in the defense’s favor. The motion is requesting the appeals court issues a stay on the appeal and send the case back to circuit court to allow Avery to pursue a postconviction motion to allow new evidence in the case.

Zellner has previously claimed Bobby Dassey was actually the one to kill Halbach, including in a string of tweets in November 2018 that have since been deleted.

Dassey has never been charged with any crime related to Halbach’s death. He is the brother of Brendan Dassey, who was also convicted in Halbach’s death following a controversial video confession and trial.

You can read Zellner’s full motion to the appeals court below.

COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.

The documentary does a good job pointing out how fucked up the justice system (and the people who work in it) is in this country.  Innocent until proven guilty is a bullshit premise.  

At a minimum prosecutor's should not be given any protections and if found guilty of things like withholding evidence or other illegal behavior should be sitting in jail.  DNA has uncovered tens of thousands of cases where this type of behavior locked up innocent people for crimes they did not commit but the "justice system" found ways to lock them up anyway.  These fuckers should all be in jail.  

My wife and I said, early on, the dude (Steven Avery) may not be "normal" but he sure as hell doesn't seem to be the guilty one here.  That brother-in-law and the kid (Dassey?) were way too convenient as prosecution witnesses and this latest update seems to prove that.  I hope they get every single one of the people involved with this debacle.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Avery poured gas and oil on a cat and threw it live into a bonfire.   I could care less if he rots in prison for a crime he didn't commit.   Dude has all the markings of a psychopath.  

Watched the white boy Rick movie last week.  Figured I knew pretty much everything about the case , until I watched it.   The corruption in Detroit  was just insane under Coleman Young.   Starting with him, all the way down to the patrol officers.  
Now,  30 years later little has changed as Dugan is now Mayor and Worthy is prosecutor.  Not only the frame job, but what they did for 30 years to cover it up and keep him in jail.  To this day they still will not admit what they did or that they were wrong.  

Edited by Cold War

17 minutes ago, ACE said:

IMO it’s like the cops knew he did it and went to illegal lengths to prove it 

Usually the justification.  Or the person is guilty of another crime we can’t prove so it all works out. 

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, ACE said:

IMO it’s like the cops knew he did it and went to illegal lengths to prove it 

And so they belong in prison along side the guilty party.

• Like 1