Check your account email address ×

2022 Mach Z full review... is it slow?

Rod

Last time they said they’d race it against a winder of T cat but they didnt... they say it’s faster than an 850 but so was the last 900. 

I bet it still doesn’t touch a T cat 

• Platinum Contributing Member

For this guy to brag that much about the suspension it must be pretty good.   He generally leans Polaris pretty heavy and with good reason, Poo is making great sleds. 

Hoping it handles as good or better than the t cat. The previous model didn’t.  Smart shocks seems both neat but also a band aid for the ancient XP chassis design. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

For this guy to brag that much about the suspension it must be pretty good.   He generally leans Polaris pretty heavy and with good reason, Poo is making great sleds. 

It's nice that is looks like they threw some decent KYB's on there but, let's be honest.  People buying Turbos don't care that much about handling and suspension.  It needs to have it at the thumb pull, period.  Nobody buying the 454 Chevelle SS cared about the thickness of the sway bars.

Sled looks good though (minus bug screen).  I always likes the all black look.  

2 minutes ago, The One said:

Rumour has it the mach is only running in the 170 hp range, to bet a winder they going to need 200 hp plus 

Yeah I’m hoping it’s not just another mediocre doo with more hype than actual performance 

the T cat isn’t just fast, they handle great are actually better on fuel than the last 900T. 

Doo does still have a lot better fit and finish but good lord they build some mediocre and boring shit for the money 

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's nice that is looks like they threw some decent KYB's on there but, let's be honest.  People buying Turbos don't care that much about handling and suspension.  It needs to have it at the thumb pull, period.  Nobody buying the 454 Chevelle SS cared about the thickness of the sway bars.

Sled looks good though (minus bug screen).  I always likes the all black look.  

Honestly I think they are creating a quite different "Turbo" market here.   I mentioned before I think this sled will sell good.  Plenty of guys (or gals) have done the whole boosted 1100/998 and want something with more pull than the 850's with a great ride, lots of Tech and reliable for thousands and thousands of miles.   

I think the sled mfg's would be surprised how many people would buy a modern day 1000 cc 2 stroke triple with this kind of tech in the modern chassis.   It would be an absolute hit with guys my age and older....even as a second sled.  Question is the ROI on such a motor.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Honestly I think they are creating a quite different "Turbo" market here.   I mentioned before I think this sled will sell good.  Plenty of guys (or gals) have done the whole boosted 1100/998 and want something with more pull than the 850's with a great ride, lots of Tech and reliable for thousands and thousands of miles.   

I think the sled mfg's would be surprised how many people would buy a modern day 1000 cc 2 stroke triple with this kind of tech in the modern chassis.   It would be an absolute hit with guys my age and older....even as a second sled.  

That could very well be and it makes sense.  Many states have plenty of trails to really open up a turbo.  Give it some decent handling characteristics and it could really appeal to a nice cross section of riders.  

The mach is faster than the Tcat and Winder, if nothing else because of launch control. I bet the Mach is sled of the year for 2022, I havent seen the lesters get so excited about a sled since Polaris put the assault in the axys chassis. 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I think the sled mfg's would be surprised how many people would buy a modern day 1000 cc 2 stroke triple with this kind of tech in the modern chassis.   It would be an absolute hit with guys my age and older....even as a second sled.  Question is the ROI on such a motor.  

I’d take a new 2 stroke triple in a heart beat.  I know many people that would.  A 190+ Hp 2 stroke would sell like hot cakes 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The mach is faster than the Tcat and Winder, if nothing else because of launch control. I bet the Mach is sled of the year for 2022, I havent seen the lesters get so excited about a sled since Polaris put the assault in the axys chassis. 

Launch control is useless stock

but I do think the holeshot is the Mach’s only chance. Those t cats are fucking fast. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I’d take a new 2 stroke triple in a heart beat.  I know many people that would.  A 190+ Hp 2 stroke would sell like hot cakes 

I'd be astonished...I mean absolutely floored if that is ever manufactured in mass again.  I sure loved the sound and torque of those though.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I think it would too.   Out of the dozen or so riders in my guy group at least a half a dozen would order them guaranteed.   We talk about it all the time.  

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Exhaust sound alone would be worth it!  :bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'd be astonished...I mean absolutely floored if that is ever manufactured in mass again.  I sure loved the sound and torque of those though.

Never will be.  The 4's share so much tech with other markets that's where the engineering money is going.  

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Exhaust sound alone would be worth it!  :bc:

A single piped triple sounds sooooo good 

plus they run just so much smoother. It’s just a nicer all around experience 

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Launch control is useless stock

but I do think the holeshot is the Mach’s only chance. Those t cats are fucking fast. 

I could give a shit about launch control but it will give it the edge over the tcat. And the mach is probably quite a bit lighter than the tcat hippomobile. Plus its not an antiquated chassis. Mach>tcat/winder

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

A single piped triple sounds sooooo good 

plus they run just so much smoother. It’s just a nicer all around experience 

I bought a 2000 800 Grand Touring ME last fall and loved riding it this winter for the sound alone.   

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I could give a shit about launch control but it will give it the edge over the tcat. And the mach is probably quite a bit lighter than the tcat hippomobile. Plus its not an antiquated chassis. Mach>tcat/winder

The Mach is on a chassis from 2008 lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

The Mach is on a chassis from 2008 lol

yeah but cat is so stupid they dont call their 10 year old chassis ProCross 2 or Gen 10 they just call it procross. the frogs are alot smarter they have new names for their new xp offereings which give the illusion of a new chassis and tech so people stay interested. Cat and their owners are just dumb

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

yeah but cat is so stupid they dont call their 10 year old chassis ProCross 2 or Gen 10 they just call it procross. the frogs are alot smarter they have new names for their new xp offereings which give the illusion of a new chassis and tech so people stay interested. Cat and their owners are just dumb

It is smart. Doo and poo understand that the average consumer is dumb as fuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

OMG

170D26CC-998A-4FC8-85B2-F14DEA0D7B89.jpeg

Yep.....I have one too.  :thumbsup:   Like to throw a 1.6 Ice Cobra under her next fall.   Blast to ride.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.....I have one too.  :thumbsup:   Like to throw a 1.6 Ice Cobra under her next fall.   Blast to ride.   

I’d go to a storm instead of a cobra