Check your account email address ×

Paglia: Transgender & Civilization’s Decline

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pretty interesting article.   Joe Rogan recently was talking about this on his podcast.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/paglia-transgender-civilizations-decline/

A reader sends in this clip from a Camille Paglia discussion at last fall’s Battle Of Ideas festival in the UK, in which the lesbian scholar and provocateur identifies transgenderism as a mark of a civilization deep into decadence, nearing collapse. The good stuff starts at the four-minute mark.

She says that androgyny becomes prevalent “as a civilization is starting to unravel. You find it again and again and again in history.”

“People who live in such times feel that they’re very sophisticated, they’re very cosmopolitan,” she says. But in truth, they are evidence of a civilization that no longer believes in itself. On the edges of that civilization are “people who still believe in heroic masculinity” — the barbarians. Paglia says that this is happening right now, and that there’s this tremendous “disconnect” between a culture that’s infatuated with transgenderism, and “what’s going on ‘out there’.” She sees it as “ominous.” And she’s right to. This insanity cannot last. Again and again I say unto you: if you don’t like the Religious Right, wait till you get the Post-Religious Right. The post-Christian people who are coming don’t give a damn about your feelings.

Said the reader who sent that clip to me: “Did you ever think Camille Paglia would say something to validate the BenOp?

Look at what made the Ottoman Empire successful. Pure barbarism. Strict adherence to ritual.  Their move towards liberalism sealed their demise. Happens every time 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Look at what made the Ottoman Empire successful. Pure barbarism. Strict adherence to ritual.  Their move towards liberalism sealed their demise. Happens every time 

:lol: the fall of the Ottoman Empire was multi-faced. It failed to industrialize and modernize. Poor education and an attempt to keep farming as the country’s mainstay resulted in only 5% of the population being able to read. You crack me up. 

During peak ottoman reign the successor was basically chosen by who killed off their siblings. This ensured that the successor was brutal, strict and strong. This brought on strong colonialism and conquering. This event changed and the empire got soft.  Leadership became soft, and the ruled class became soft. Since conquering new lands was the basis for their economy, the economy collapsed due to liberalism of leadership 

thpin tries to appear smart but he’s very average or less, and tries to cloak it by basically lying about everything.  But he can’t hide his complete failure at life. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Pretty interesting article.   Joe Rogan recently was talking about this on his podcast.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/paglia-transgender-civilizations-decline/

A reader sends in this clip from a Camille Paglia discussion at last fall’s Battle Of Ideas festival in the UK, in which the lesbian scholar and provocateur identifies transgenderism as a mark of a civilization deep into decadence, nearing collapse. The good stuff starts at the four-minute mark.

She says that androgyny becomes prevalent “as a civilization is starting to unravel. You find it again and again and again in history.”

“People who live in such times feel that they’re very sophisticated, they’re very cosmopolitan,” she says. But in truth, they are evidence of a civilization that no longer believes in itself. On the edges of that civilization are “people who still believe in heroic masculinity” — the barbarians. Paglia says that this is happening right now, and that there’s this tremendous “disconnect” between a culture that’s infatuated with transgenderism, and “what’s going on ‘out there’.” She sees it as “ominous.” And she’s right to. This insanity cannot last. Again and again I say unto you: if you don’t like the Religious Right, wait till you get the Post-Religious Right. The post-Christian people who are coming don’t give a damn about your feelings.

Said the reader who sent that clip to me: “Did you ever think Camille Paglia would say something to validate the BenOp?

Getting back to the point of this post, I like Camille. She makes a lot of good points. My issue is the amplification of the transgender issue. It’s not nearly as widespread as Camille seems to believe. She’s not alone. It’s become a click bait issue that involves .00001 of the population. A passing fad that’s going to fizzle. Just like trickle down and evangelicalism. 

You can actually pick out these average or less IQ’ers by how they latch onto empty platitude social talking points to signal how they’re a good person. Points like “help the poor”, “wear a mask”, “I believe in covid”, “climate change is real”.

saying these things means nothing, but it helps these people cope with the fact that deep down they know that they’re not only a very basic person, they’re actually a bad person.  

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Transgenderism has existed since the beginning, maybe more or less prevalent at various times but its always been with us. Its not hard to imagine that societal decadence allows us to embrace the transgender issue but as a signal of societies downfall? I don't think its a very good metric to measure by. I doubt the correlation is very strong.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Transgenderism has existed since the beginning, maybe more or less prevalent at various times but its always been with us. Its not hard to imagine that societal decadence allows us to embrace the transgender issue but as a signal of societies downfall? I don't think its a very good metric to measure by. I doubt the correlation is very strong.

It’s not causative it’s correlative 

hard to say in this day and age but up to around 80 years ago stuff like this made society weak to the point they got conquered 

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I agree. It’s not some kind of canary in the coal mine as some believe. I don’t know what’s more strange....the transgender movement or those that believe it’s a sign of the collapse of civilization. 

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s like liberals removing god from society. With a god that weak, who needs him? 

If he is so weak, why the constant movement to remove him?  Everyone knows the answer, and it really makes you look like a fool.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s not causative it’s correlative 

hard to say in this day and age but up to around 80 years ago stuff like this made society weak to the point they got conquered 

I'm pretty sure thats what I said.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

:lol: the fall of the Ottoman Empire was multi-faced. It failed to industrialize and modernize. Poor education and an attempt to keep farming as the country’s mainstay resulted in only 5% of the population being able to read. You crack me up. 

You are really trying too hard to shift to a liberal narrative and by doing so, you have been unable to disprove statements here....but still manage to act like you are anyway.

You are getting weird...and even more desperate.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I’d feel really bad for thpin but he brings it upon himself. 90ish IQ that thinks he’s really smart. 

He is trying so hard.  I give credit for that.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If he is so weak, why the constant movement to remove him?  Everyone knows the answer, and it really makes you look like a fool.

Not everyone knows the answer, but some do. It’s about separation of church and state. I personally have no quarrel with Jesus. I have a great respect for someone that found the strength to do a zombie dance after what he’d been through. 

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Not everyone knows the answer, but some do. It’s about separation of church and state. I personally have no quarrel with Jesus. I have a great respect for someone that found the strength to do a zombie dance after what he’d been through. 

Jesus is awesome but alot of his supposed followers suck. 

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You are really trying too hard to shift to a liberal narrative and by doing so, you have been unable to disprove statements here....but still manage to act like you are anyway.

You are getting weird...and even more desperate.

He is trying so hard.  I give credit for that.

Once they resort to logical fallacies they know they lost