Check your account email address ×

Yamaha 2022 predictions?

At least they won't be battle shit charcoal grey ..... And they have a few models Cat guys want...... the RIOT 998 Turbo for 1. Or at least did in 2021........

Maybe this is Cat's plan all along.... build up Yami so they can produce more for them .... while killing off Cat's numbers so they don't have the responsibility to develop new products..............

• Thanks 1

Its gotta suck knowing your job will be eliminated, you just dont know if its next week or next year. I feel bad for Jeriad. lol

Of course he's got a funny accent, maybe some canuk company will give him a job if he brings some insider power steering info......haha

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

At least they won't be battle shit charcoal grey ..... And they have a few models Cat guys want...... the RIOT 998 Turbo for 1. Or at least did in 2021........

Maybe this is Cat's plan all along.... build up Yami so they can produce more for them .... while killing off Cat's numbers so they don't have the responsibility to develop new products..............

never know man... https://motoneiges.ca/actions/page?docId=12118&ctx=ctx&p=What does Yamaha have in store for 2022?&request_locale=en

6 minutes ago, Legend said:

Its gotta suck knowing your job will be eliminated, you just dont know if its next week or next year. I feel bad for Jeriad. lol

Of course he's got a funny accent, maybe some canuk company will give him a job if he brings some insider power steering info......haha

if they could get Tim Bender back from Polaris... 

That innovative technology will be power steering.  Wupee doo.  Says it right on the sled lol bug surprise.  I'm sure everyone is now going to rush out and buy a tcat/srx now...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

That innovative technology will be power steering.  Wupee doo.  Says it right on the sled lol bug surprise.  I'm sure everyone is now going to rush out and buy a tcat/srx now...

yamatards will

I will piss my pants laughing if they come out with blue 600 & 800 'ZR Limited' type models with ATAC - so Ramstad completely loses his marbles.

Also hope they do it in 129 & 137

None of this is going to happen though... :lol:

• Haha 1

Yeah people make it seem like more Yamahas is bad for cat.  Or ripping cat off or something.  Like when the mountain max came out.  They're all cats so who cares?  The more the better imo.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

Polaris gets ripped cause they're not in the 4 stroke market.  If Arctic Cat didn't have Yamaha they wouldn't be in the 4 stroke market either.

cat was quite comfortably in the 4 stroke market long before yamaha ruined their lineup

Edited by Tommcat
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah people make it seem like more Yamahas is bad for cat.  Or ripping cat off or something.  Like when the mountain max came out.  They're all cats so who cares?  The more the better imo.

I was hoping to see them extend the 2 strokes into the trail segment and not just the mountain max this year.......was hoping it would have better looking colors....... not the case.......

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

sort've agree... see below

6 hours ago, Tommcat said:

cat was quite comfortably in the 4 stroke market long before yamaha ruined their lineup

won't disagree too much but where did Suzuki stand on EPA certified stuff.  if there's a diamond hiding in the Cat/Yamaha relationship it's that it helps keep a few folks in TRF employed.  on that note though, why is there only one YamaCat in Textrons lineup?

haven't watched yet but...

4 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

I was hoping to see them extend the 2 strokes into the trail segment and not just the mountain max this year.......was hoping it would have better looking colors....... not the case.......

can't disagree, but at least Yamaha adhered to traditional colors unlike Cat who had some second grade coloring contest at the local elementary school.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

what would have been cool (or at least interesting) imo, that would have been unexpected (in my head) would have been a totally new Yamaha SRV 137 with an 8000 in traditional Yammie colors with all the RXC goodies installed straight from the factory.  probably and only because we had an SRV... and they already have the SRX base well covered.  funny thing is though, the original SRX's were actually lightweight rippers... not 'porky' 4S sleds.

oh well, look forward to seeing your next new toy and I sincerely hope you don't have to waste $ on a wrap... :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if there's a diamond hiding in the Cat/Yamaha relationship it's that it helps keep a few folks in TRF employed.  on that note though, why is there only one YamaCat in Textrons line up?

Makes you wonder if Yami only allows Cat to have the motor in 1 sled so not to impact their own line up and sales numbers ?

Yami has the SRX...Cat has the T-Cat............ HOWEVER

Yami has a turbo "RR" in the L-TX LE

And Yami has the turbo "RIOT" in the X-TX

AND Yami has the turbo touring sled.....

Sleds some Cat guys have been asking for....

SO.... is it Yami or Cat keeping these sleds on the Yami side of the fence ????

Also strange the the SRX doesn't have the power steering option....it's only on the L-TX GT

19 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Makes you wonder if Yami only allows Cat to have the motor in 1 sled so not to impact their own line up and sales numbers ?

Yami has the SRX...Cat has the T-Cat............ HOWEVER

Yami has a turbo "RR" in the L-TX LE

And Yami has the turbo "RIOT" in the X-TX

AND Yami has the turbo touring sled.....

Sleds some Cat guys have been asking for....

SO.... is it Yami or Cat keeping these sleds on the Yami side of the fence ????

Also strange the the SRX doesn't have the power steering option....it's only on the L-TX GT

also, notice there are no longer any touring or utility sleds in Cat's lineup and no non-Turbo 4S

gone are the Pantera (not the band) and all the 7000 series sleds
gone are the small bore 3000 & 5000 sleds (see B-Last models)

also notice the 4S Riot's are Yamaha only

the SRX is for 'real men' who don't need P/S - so fully expect to see it next year when the whiners complain too much.  :)

there's more, but why should we care?

last thought for now... Lynx takes away the #3 spot for 'SALES' in model year 2023 and moves Cat and Yamaha another wrung lower on the ladder.

Textron - we specialize in irrelevant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sort've agree... see below

won't disagree too much but where did Suzuki stand on EPA certified stuff.  if there's a diamond hiding in the Cat/Yamaha relationship it's that it helps keep a few folks in TRF employed.  on that note though, why is there only one YamaCat in Textrons lineup?

haven't watched yet but...

Well, the suzuki at least had an O2 sensor and closed loop fueling. Now they dont, so i have a hard time seeing how they're better off on emissions with a worse setup.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doug said:

Polaris gets ripped cause they're not in the 4 stroke market.  If Arctic Cat didn't have Yamaha they wouldn't be in the 4 stroke market either.

There is absolutely zero to that dumbass claim.  Cat was dominating that market for the 10+years prior to Yamaha coming in.  And has since Yamaha also.

But even if that was true, who cares?  IF.  IF.  That's like saying IF Polaris and skidoo didn't have 850's they wouldn't be "x".  These IF's don't matter.  IF you weren't a dumbass, you'd maybe be cool.  

You're trying to dog on cat for something that isn't the case.  This is what you do.

43 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Well, the suzuki at least had an O2 sensor and closed loop fueling. Now they dont, so i have a hard time seeing how they're better off on emissions with a worse setup.

shhhhhhhhhhh... Yamaha might hear you.

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

There is absolutely zero to that dumbass claim.  Cat was dominating that market for the 10+years prior to Yamaha coming in.  And has since Yamaha also.

But even if that was true, who cares?  IF.  IF.  That's like saying IF Polaris and skidoo didn't have 850's they wouldn't be "x".  These IF's don't matter.  IF you weren't a dumbass, you'd maybe be cool.  

You're trying to dog on cat for something that isn't the case.  This is what you do.

Touched a nerve I see.  Hopefully for you Yamaha sticks around and not bail like Suzuki did.

Edited by Doug

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

also, notice there are no longer any touring or utility sleds in Cat's lineup and no non-Turbo 4S

gone are the Pantera (not the band) and all the 7000 series sleds
gone are the small bore 3000 & 5000 sleds (see B-Last models)

also notice the 4S Riot's are Yamaha only

the SRX is for 'real men' who don't need P/S - so fully expect to see it next year when the whiners complain too much.  :)

there's more, but why should we care?

last thought for now... Lynx takes away the #3 spot for 'SALES' in model year 2023 and moves Cat and Yamaha another wrung lower on the ladder.

Textron - we specialize in irrelevant 

The Norseman is their "utility" sled these days. They should have never quit making the bearcat.