Check your account email address ×

why is Daytona 500 running the road course?

59 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe they should try racing STOCK CARS ???

just an idea I came up with...

Trans Am series is way ahead of you on this one.

That is what you want.

What you think you want means a bunch of Chargers and Impalas and Camrys running around Daytona bouncing off their speed limiter at 138mph or 126mph or whatever they limit out at these days. 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Trans Am series is way ahead of you on this one.

That is what you want.

What you think you want means a bunch of Chargers and Impalas and Camrys running around Daytona bouncing off their speed limiter at 138mph or 126mph or whatever they limit out at these days. 

I think it be epic to see gt500’s, zL1, challenger hellcats, and Supra’s all purchased from a man auto dealer mixing it up at Daytona...  then at short tracks...

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

so I was about to doze off last night, set the alarm clock and sleep timer and fell asleep, then woke up with 6 laps to go... what a joke this sport has become - a freight train of cars pushing air and then another highly predictable crash in the final turn.  totally boring.  

I grew up watching Indy cars, F1 and Nascar* with my father before it* was popular, have been around Indianapolis and Daytona in the short bus, have mad respect for the history of racing and it's drivers... and more.   Nascar had it's glory days and imo it's over, and I don't have the slightest clue how to fix it, nor do I really care.  My father (rip) passed just before Dale Earnhardt did, which would have made him weep, and the current state of the sport would not impress him whatsoever.

fwiw, I enjoy F1 and Formula E, IMSA, road racing, and Indy cars (remember CART?) so maybe as the OE domestics delve deeper into Electric Cars we'll start to see NasCarE racing, to see who's battery pack can make it 500 miles and watch a few good lithium battery pack fires for entertainment.

no matter what we're racing, men (real men) will always find a way to race them.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr