Check your account email address ×

1934 Garwood owned by my great great grandfather

Kivalo

48 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

On Facebook earlier today some random guy reached out to a group specifically about my home town of Auburn NY. He was asking about my father and grandfather. Well several people in the group tagged myself and my two brothers. Well come to find out his buddy now owns a 1934 Garwood mahogany boat that my great great grandfather originally owned. He is looking for any family pictures we may have of the boat. I'm going to go see it soon as he not too far from me. How cool is that??? 

received_445294960021114.jpeg

received_232731058511483.jpeg

received_1416959448638605.jpeg

Owasco Lake?

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I don't know where he found it but I know it wasn't Owasco. I live on Owasco and I would have known of the boat.

my sister used to live on East Lake Rd  down past what I think was the Fireside Rest.

• Gold Member
Just now, 01mxz800 said:

my sister used to live on East Lake Rd  down past what I think was the Fireside Rest.

Not familiar with that name. How about in relation to Tomb Thumb, the ice cream place?

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Not familiar with that name. How about in relation to Tomb Thumb, the ice cream place?

I might have the name wrong on the resturant but was about 3 miles south of the roundabout 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I might have the name wrong on the resturant but was about 3 miles south of the roundabout 

Yeah thats Tom Thumb, a little ice cream and burger joint.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, 01mxz800 said:

the place I am thinking of was a fine dining place, not a ice cream place

Oh ok, west Lake rd then and Its Springside Inn, its red and has a small pond with a fountain in front of it.

Just now, Kivalo said:

Oh ok, west Lake rd then and Its Springside Inn, its red and has a small pond with a fountain in front of it.

my bad it was West Lake Rd. cut me some slack it was in the 70's when she lived there LOL

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

they were not too far from a marina out there about 3 miles south of the cemetary

Shutter's Marine if I remember correctly. It went out of business a long time ago but it was on Sand Beach Rd and there is a cemetery near by the marina location.

4 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

my bad it was West Lake Rd. cut me some slack it was in the 70's when she lived there LOL

:lol:

51 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Shutter's Marine if I remember correctly. It went out of business a long time ago but it was on Sand Beach Rd and there is a cemetery near by the marina location.

:lol:

I was refering to the the cemetery by roundabout, I think Soule Cemetery

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I was refering to the the cemetery by roundabout, I think Soule Cemetery

St Joe's Cemetery or Lakeview Cemetery, right next to each other.