Check your account email address ×

Anyone try the storm 150 track?

Rod

it is the track i was looking for when searching for a matryx.  no ones had a bad thing to say. 

Wildboer having ridden a 1.75 for 10k trail miles its a good track but if your not riding offtrail it's overkill.  I would have said the 1.6 ice cobra was perfect if it was not so soft i had for a sled between my 1.75's. at 5k miles it had way more wear than my 1.75

Odd to be back on a 137x1.25 studded right now.  Definitely needs a bit more when the snow is soft.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it is the track i was looking for when searching for a matryx.  no ones had a bad thing to say. 

Wildboer having ridden a 1.75 for 10k trail miles its a good track but if your not riding offtrail it's overkill.  I would have said the 1.6 ice cobra was perfect if it was not so soft i had for a sled between my 1.75's. at 5k miles it had way more wear than my 1.75

Odd to be back on a 137x1.25 studded right now.  Definitely needs a bit more when the snow is soft.  

I have a studded 1.6 cobra and it has held up great especially having been 95% trail ridden. The storm is as good or better as far as traction goes but probably more durable. But if you are looking for top speeds these are not the tracks you want. 

Just now, Anler said:

I have a studded 1.6 cobra and it has held up great especially having been 95% trail ridden. The storm is as good or better as far as traction goes but probably more durable. But if you are looking for top speeds these are not the tracks you want. 

i rode my 1.6 IC offtrail a lot.  the wear at the stud points was noticible and some chunking on the corners of the lugs.  IDGAF about top speed.   95 or 105 is still faster than needed 99% of the time

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i rode my 1.6 IC offtrail a lot.  the wear at the stud points was noticible and some chunking on the corners of the lugs.  IDGAF about top speed.   95 or 105 is still faster than needed 99% of the time

Yeah I can fuck my sled up almost as good hitting a deer at 95 as I can at 105mph

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah I can fuck my sled up almost as good hitting a deer at 95 as I can at 105mph

my last sled that actually would crest 100 on gps was my 03 700 skidoo.  Since then my 600's would all GPS 92-94,  my 800's at 98-99.   this pro s i have shows 106 or 109 on the dreammeter recall but I had no place to really see if it goes over 100 although I do expect in the right conditions it would with the track it has.  will see this weekend as we are riding some more open places.  buddy is also on an 800 Poo (Indy XC137) but with another stud per bar.  Same rider weight so it will be interesting to see which is faster.  

Edited by Angry ginger

my last sled that actually would crest 100 on gps was my 03 700 skidoo.  Since then my 600's would all GPS 92-94,  my 800's at 98-99.   this pro s i have shows 106 or 109 on the dreammeter recall but I had no place to really see if it goes over 100 although I do expect in the right conditions it would with the track it has.  will see this weekend as we are riding some more open places.  buddy is also on an 800 Poo (Indy XC137) but with another stud per bar.  Same rider weight so it will be interesting to see which is faster.  

My assault smokes the Pro s with the same engine. And surprisingly top ends it also

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

My assault smokes the Pro s with the same engine. And surprisingly top ends it also

the poo seems to run better with longer tracks.   will be interesting to see 137 scaffold vs non scaffold.  We'll prob line it up once or twice just to see.  i am sure mines down on power compared to his with 3500+ miles on it vs 400 miles.  

the poo seems to run better with longer tracks.   will be interesting to see 137 scaffold vs non scaffold.  We'll prob line it up once or twice just to see.  i am sure mines down on power compared to his with 3500+ miles on it vs 400 miles.  

From what I hear the tipped rails make all the difference. I am actually considering making the assault a drag monster. Swapping for a 1" hacksaw and some other mods. No major engine mods tho. I bet it will smoke all 850's if it doesnt already