Check your account email address ×

LED'tards

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and you don't have LED's shoved into halogen housings?

No sir! My GMC Sierra came with LEDs and they are bright as fuck. I get high beamed all the time. I have actually never used the high beams since I got the truck 100k miles ago, the lows with the LED fogs are brighter than the high beams. 

IIHS rating for the headlights the 2020 GMC 1500 is poor, glare above threshold 21% for on coming traffic. 
probably why every one flashes you lol

Would still be much better than china bob LEDs. 

Edited by Cwhite138

16 hours ago, jdsky said:

LED's are the only good option when your factory headlights suck ass.

nope... you are absolutely wrong  

if we are talking just replacing a bulb in a halogen housing you next best is HID because its easier to mimic the filament location, Still most aftermarket replacements do not do this right.. they use the same bulb size made to fit different housings. IMO if its your low beam you are still a cunt running aftermarket HID.

The actual best thing is a good aux lighting, where led is hard to beat on toughness and size.  a good set of halogen bulbs in your factory lights for when you are driving some where other people are present some and lights in the bumper for when you are not. 

Edited by Cwhite138
  • Like 1

are you comparing you doo lights with aftermarket leds to a Poo with factory? you don't really specify 
Its not about how much of the trail they will light up. its about the dude getting blinded by your low beam. 

As I mentioned earlier the car manufactures have just now started giving a shit glare from LEDs because it goes against their over all rating for safety. I think IIHS started rating lights in 2016 and 2021 is pretty much the first year they are seeing things starting to get better. 

Led headlights are new when compared to halogen that are just now really figuring out the optics.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, jdsky said:

LED's are the only good option when your factory headlights suck ass.

no, being smart enough to know how to get better and brighter halogen bulbs is an option.  so is finding European spec lenses or capsules.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:02 AM, jethro said:

Yep, just like cars a good LED conversion requires changing the reflector as well. It's usually about $800 for cars to get it right. People should stick to halogen in housings designed for them, but... idiots abound. 

why spend that kind of $ when you can toss in a set of Chinese bulbs for $19 and throw light all over the place?

10 hours ago, jdsky said:

Side by side with a brand new Poo with factory LED's both sleds light up the trail the same.  So maybe Poo's factory setups are just as shitty.  

seems the Matryx has a headlamp adjuster issue, but that's for another forum  :lmaodance:

On 2/11/2021 at 1:28 PM, jethro said:

No sir! My GMC Sierra came with LEDs and they are bright as fuck. I get high beamed all the time. I have actually never used the high beams since I got the truck 100k miles ago, the lows with the LED fogs are brighter than the high beams. 

Your lighting sucks balls then.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, mnstang said:

Your lighting sucks balls then.

Well, it's a General Motors product, the rest of it sucks balls so it stands to reason. But the lights are actually quite awesome!

On 2/11/2021 at 3:28 PM, jethro said:

My corolla is the same. Awesome for me, sucks for others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 10:03 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's up with all the LED'tards putting LED bulbs in housings designed for halogen lights?

they don't actually work better

they can't provide a focused beam

they throw a brighter light all over the fucking place

they can't melt snow off the halogen housing lens

they don't belong in a housing they weren't designed for

and, I'm going to bed... rant over.

Wrong