Check your account email address ×

LED'tards

what's up with all the LED'tards putting LED bulbs in housings designed for halogen lights?

they don't actually work better

they can't provide a focused beam

they throw a brighter light all over the fucking place

they can't melt snow off the halogen housing lens

they don't belong in a housing they weren't designed for

and, I'm going to bed... rant over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's up with all the LED'tards putting LED bulbs in housings designed for halogen lights?

they don't actually work better

they can't provide a focused beam

they throw a brighter light all over the fucking place

they can't melt snow off the halogen housing lens

they don't belong in a housing they weren't designed for

and, I'm going to bed... rant over.

I have then in my sxs housings well acctualy only in one of them lol because it is cracked.  when the cracked housing takes in h20 the halogen bulbs blow like right now.  The led just keeps working even under water.  Now one is bright white and the other  that yellowish color lol . Cant go wrong with the Sanford and son salvage look 

Yep, just like cars a good LED conversion requires changing the reflector as well. It's usually about $800 for cars to get it right. People should stick to halogen in housings designed for them, but... idiots abound. 

The aftermarket hid/LED tools are losers who think they look cool and everyone else on planet Earth thinks they're a tool and are easily identifiable as having a pos that was too broke to buy something with factory hid and is running China aftermarket junk.  Faggots and they're all the same'types'.

IMHO....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If only there was a light bulb expert on the site?

this guy's probably not an expert either... 
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/?fbclid=IwAR3q65jgnCbpGL_GRg0XYuqs2H9zXolppb-iHPCxv19Ot-YqF2i4ccP-DDI

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

The aftermarket hid/LED tools are losers who think they look cool and everyone else on planet Earth thinks they're a tool and are easily identifiable as having a pos that was too broke to buy something with factory hid and is running China aftermarket junk.  Faggots and they're all the same'types'.

IMHO....

I like when they take pictures of the headlights with one LED and one Halogen and 'show you' how much brighter they are.  Brighter, maybe - better, not a chance.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this guy's probably not an expert either... 
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/?fbclid=IwAR3q65jgnCbpGL_GRg0XYuqs2H9zXolppb-iHPCxv19Ot-YqF2i4ccP-DDI

I like when they take pictures of the headlights with one LED and one Halogen and 'show you' how much brighter they are.  Brighter, maybe - better, not a chance.

Yep and the dumbass fog lights and light bars and all the other look-at-me items.  I would never do this but it'd be a shame if someone ever took a club to those lights

On 2/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, Fireball 440 said:

He probably runs LEDs in regular housings because green planet.

Lol you think a girl  who can't change a fucking fuse can change a light bulb lol not a fucking chance toolkit would be calling the manufacture wanting a full refund because it did not come with a robot to install it for her 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:29 PM, mnstang said:

IMHO....

The current generation of led bulbs are far superior to earlier attempts . Are they as good as a an assembly designed for them ? No . Are they better in allot of situations when there is no option to replace the an assembly ? Yes . I run one nighthawk for distance and one led for better whiter and wider light . I know this may be a shock to you but I don't do it to impress you or anyone else . I do it to see better . My guess is you don't use air conditioners because they make you sick .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EBEAR said:

The current generation of led bulbs are far superior to earlier attempts . Are they as good as a an assembly designed for them ? No . Are they better in allot of situations when there is no option to replace the an assembly ? Yes . I run one nighthawk for distance and one led for better whiter and wider light . I know this may be a shock to you but I don't do it to impress you or anyone else . I do it to see better . My guess is you don't use air conditioners because they make you sick .

There's a science to it and I think you understand bulb orientation and whatnot.

16 hours ago, EBEAR said:

At the cost of blinding everyone else on the road.  Cool.  I should just leave my high beams on always because I see better.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, EBEAR said:

please attempt to refute this... https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/?fbclid=IwAR3q65jgnCbpGL_GRg0XYuqs2H9zXolppb-iHPCxv19Ot-YqF2i4ccP-DDI

bored.gif

I have off road lights on my truck, so I understand why people like to have a lot of light. at the same time I only have 2 2x2 leds on the bumper. Anything more is excessive. which is alright when your the only one around for miles. 

But there is this weird obsession to have brighter lights at night and I really do think its a cool factor thing, even if people realize it or not.  I worked at a off road shop, you dont thing I was amazed be a 54" rigid curved light when you are no where near light pollution. roof full of 8.7" vision X light cannons that shine light 1000 meters, I would be lying to my self if I said I haven't wanted them. on that note they are also worth more than my truck.

Making your stock housing brighter is just stupid.. and you will be blinding oncoming if its your low beam.. I say go for if you have separate high and low bulbs though. Have you driven a new vehicle that get a good rating with LED lights, its rare, as they have to have such a sharp cut off on the low beam... its honestly worse than a shitty old halogen  because beyond that cut off its blackness. god for bid there is a hill because you cant see beyond that. new vehicles it's rare to have good rated lights form IIHS and NHTSA because they take in to account blinding oncoming traffic

If you are not racing chances are you don't need the best lights in the world.. most people Don't pay attention far enough ahead any way. There is a reason Baja have so many lights, they are going fucking fast... you might think you are going fast but your probably not... and defiantly not outrunning your light 

When it comes to sledding get some clear googles you'd probably be better off.  

Edited by Cwhite138

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

People love LEDs because of the intensity of the light  the produce a shit ton of skadder light unless in a projector housing. Which makes everything around you look super bright.. but isnt any more useful than a good halogen.   

On the same note.. housings made for leds work awesome for pure distance and brightness for the power output.  HID still beats them they are just bigger and more fragile. 

Edited by Cwhite138
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't referring to cars but so be it .  So there's a way to have brighter lights for  the driver but no one else will will be able to notice ? Great trick . I would suspect that most of your offenders are not using dot approved bulbs , not using the approved output , nor taking any time to adjust the headlights ( this is possible ) . You can buy high output halogens that are not approved for road use . A good majority of the new vehicles with led's are just as annoying as are the genius's that feel their driving lights need to be activated in perfect weather .

30 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I couldn’t do it

was it because it was written in simple english and had plenty of pictures?

but whatever, as I don't see this idiotic trend ending anytime soon by uneducated morons.  in fact, I think it's getting worse.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

was it because it was written in simple english and had plenty of pictures?

but whatever, as I don't see this idiotic trend ending anytime soon by uneducated morons.  in fact, I think it's getting worse.

Close... I was board out of my mind after the first paragraph. Not my wheel house.

but if you see the idiocracy... Go gettem Tiger!

Football also isn’t my game, waisting time online.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's not rocket science.  These guys with aftermarket China shit is blinding.  Maybe some don't do it for the cool factor.. in the end it doesn't matter it's annoying as fuck and blinds everyone we else on the road.  It's either stupid and disrespectful or you're just a 16-26 year old toolbag douche that thinks he's cool take your pick.  Option b also includes option a.  Just buy a car or truck with good lighting if you value it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, EBEAR said:

I wasn't referring to cars but so be it .  So there's a way to have brighter lights for  the driver but no one else will will be able to notice ? A good majority of the new vehicles with led's are just as annoying as are the genius's that feel their driving lights need to be activated in perfect weather .

Yes it’s called a projector housing that is made for a led and aimed properly. 
on the second part, the Mfgs are putting out shitty lights. They didn’t give a shit until nhtsa and iihs started giving them bad ratings.    Bulbs are not dot approved, any led seller is just laying to you. It’s the housing that is approved. 

last but not least a 130watt halogen is way better as the housing is made for that style of bulb and aims like it should

dosent matter if it’s a truck car or sled. You are still blinding people if on public trails.

one last note lol they key is not making your low brighter. Only the high or separate aux lights. 

Edited by Cwhite138

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wonder how many actually read the guys well worded and technical post....

I’ll admit it, I didn’t.. but I’ve researched this topic a metric ton when I worked at the off road shop.  Been on webinars with guys that do it right like jw speaker, vision x and rigid. 

I would love trying to swing people to do the right thing and then they would still end up wanting some led replacement bulb..... that requires special electronics because of the drl system and was finicky. 

the best was the people that get the shit off eBay because ours was to expensive then they call saying their lights were flickering lol

Edited by Cwhite138
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1