Check your account email address ×

What is faster then a Bugatti Chiron 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

BOHICA

• Gold Member

A 4 door American built sedan that goes 520 miles between fill ups.  Holy shit 0-60 in under 2 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 9.3.  Wtf!  Is that even legal on drag strips without a cage?

https://insideevs.com/news/482512/tesla-model-s-refresh-reveal/

Edited by BOHICA

• BOHICA changed the title to What is faster then a Bugatti Chiron 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

A 4 door American built sedan that goes 520 miles between fill ups.  Holy shit 0-60 in under 2 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 9.3.  Wtf!  Is that even legal on drag strips without a cage?

https://insideevs.com/news/482512/tesla-model-s-refresh-reveal/

yes cage is required.  6 point at 11.5 NHRA rules 13.5 in a convertible

full gear and comp license @ 9.99

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Anler said:

Damn that is impressive

Tesla and Lucid are going to pushing each other both are 4 door sedans that run 1/4’s in the 9’s and sub 2 second times to 60  I don’t think the big 3 will enter back into the 4 door sedan market with anything comparable so it will be interesting when gm puts out the EV Vette and Ford has the EV mustang(not mach e).

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes cage is required.  6 point at 11.5 NHRA rules 13.5 in a convertible

full gear and comp license @ 9.99

I may have to see if I can get kicked off my local drag strip for exceeding that 11.5 time when I get my pickup.  Manufactures claims 0-60 in 3 and 0-100 under 7...  not sure what that would equate to in a 1/4 time and how close to 11.5

elon claims the cyber truck will be in the 10’s

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member

Dang just realized that the times list are just for the plaid...  the plaid plus they are claim 1/4 mile into the 8’s.

Just the plaid...
$114,000 for a luxury daily driver does under 2 seconds to 60 and 9.3 in the 1/4.  That is a bargain for the speed and plushness

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I may have to see if I can get kicked off my local drag strip for exceeding that 11.5 time when I get my pickup.  Manufactures claims 0-60 in 3 and 0-100 under 7...  not sure what that would equate to in a 1/4 time and how close to 11.5

elon claims the cyber truck will be in the 10’s

They usually give you a warning and if you do it again they kick you out.

It would be interesting to see some of these electric cars run at Loring afb or Texas mile or some other top speed run.

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Tesla and Lucid are going to pushing each other both are 4 door sedans that run 1/4’s in the 9’s and sub 2 second times to 60  I don’t think the big 3 will enter back into the 4 door sedan market with anything comparable so it will be interesting when gm puts out the EV Vette and Ford has the EV mustang(not mach e).

We just did a job for lucid last week. They are opening a new store here. Funny I never heard of them before that.