Check your account email address ×

Time for all of you shit talkers to stand up and walk the walk!

Anler

The businesses of the Upper Peninsula need our help. Whether you ride there or not these are the people that make things happen in the sport we love in one of the best snowmobiling areas in North America. And you will not find more genuine and deserving people. The businesses and livelihoods of the folks in the UP almost entirely depend on snowmobilers in the winter months and the government has shut them down. They arent going to get help from them so it falls on us. Time for all of you to pitch in and be part of a solution instead of just whiney internet cunts. Please help :bc: 

https://www.facebook.com/SnowTechMagazine/posts/10158894426768427

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Ya I am on the "board" for that fundraiser.  We have another zoom meeting tonight.  Stench has been making calls to business' in w-U.P. and he said its pretty depressing calling the places that are now closed.  I was up a week ago and hearing the waitress' and bartenders talking about all the lost wages and tips its sad.  We need to help out!!  Like Anler said time to step up!!

• Thanks 2

Guys, I have talked with a couple of people on the WI/MI border about a week ago and those guys said there was little snow and nothing was open.   Can anyone give some better or more up to date information?

thanks

Just now, racer254 said:

Guys, I have talked with a couple of people on the WI/MI border about a week ago and those guys said there was little snow and nothing was open.   Can anyone give some better or more up to date information?  Also, are the usual MI passes required, are they grooming, etc?

thanks

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Guys, I have talked with a couple of people on the WI/MI border about a week ago and those guys said there was little snow and nothing was open.   Can anyone give some better or more up to date information?

thanks

Did you consider clicking on the link? And then reading the information provided? 

Mission Statement:
The mission of the 2021 John Dee Stimulus Fundraiser is to generate financial support, through donations, for small businesses in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, who offer goods and services to riders enjoying motorsports in the area.

Targeted Geographic Area:
Ironwood to Bruce Crossing to Baraga, North to Copper Harbor. This is the focus area. However, if funds and outreach can extend beyond this area, we will make every attempt to extend the program to support businesses in need throughout the Upper Peninsula.

Applicant Process:
Businesses must come forward and apply to be considered for this stimulus program. The request does not guarantee the business will be awarded funding, but it is the goal of the project to help as many business as possible. All information regarding the business will remain confidential to the selection committee. We understand the sensitivity of this information and only intend on using it for need evaluation and prioritization of fund allocation.

Applicants should answer the following questions to the best of their ability and email their responses to:
johndeestimulusfundraiser@gmail.com

Deadline to apply is February 6, 2021.

- Point of Contact - Your name, address, city, state ,zip, phone
- Business name, address
- Social Media Contact Information (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Relationship to business.
- Type of Business.
- Number of employees.
- How long in business?
- Did you apply for PPP funds?
- Did you receive PPP funds?
- Average monthly revenue 2019?
- Average monthly revenue in 2020?
- How much longer until your out of funds?
- Outstanding debts?
- How are you going to use a donation?
- Tell us about your business? What is your business known for? How does your business support the riding community?

CALLING ON THE JOHN DEE COMMUNITY!!!
We need your help to get the word out to the businesses. Please encourage them to visit the site and submit their application to be considered. We will be seeking all means possible to reach these businesses in need. We also are attempting to reach the businesses who might have recently ended their fight to remain open. We will be contacting snowmobile clubs for assistance in this process as well.
Any assistance is appreciated!

2021 John Dee Stimulus Ride:
Who - Snowmobilers, 18 years of age or older.
When - February 13th, 2021
What - Registration is $100 per rider. Snowmobilers are encouraged to ride the trail system in the UP and patronize the businesses along the trails. All proceeds will go to the financial support of small businesses in the application process. Rider registration will automatically enter you for any drawings to win products or merchandise that may be potentially donated by corporate sponsors from the motorsports industry. Participation in the ride is NOT mandatory to support the cause or receive any potential prizes or giveaways.
Where - Pat's Motorsports in Greenland, MI is base camp. Riders will head out on rides in all directions and various lengths of their choice.
Stay tuned for payment methods, Coming Soon!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sounds like a nightmare of a group ride but, worth kicking in the "C" for sure.

Nobody wants 10,000 FIBs in the western yoop LOL. Pitch in $100. :bc: 

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I sure did and it said nothing about trail passes or where to stay and what businesses were open.

*Participation in the ride is NOT mandatory to support the cause or receive any potential prizes or giveaways.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Won't ride but will gladly donate.  :thumbsup:

I support these people throughout the season, I wont go to that ride but definitely going to donate. :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

I support these people throughout the season, I wont go to that ride but definitely going to donate. :bc: 

Usually hit the UP once per year but mostly hang closer to the cabin in St. Germain.  

15 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Cunt extended it to feb 1st...

Ouch.   Foolish not breaking the state down into population zones.   No reason less populated area's need to be doing that.

• Like 1

I’m in for a hundo! 🇺🇸👍🏼💯

Looks like they are still working out ways to donate...if anybody finds out let the group know.👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

The businesses of the Upper Peninsula need our help. Whether you ride there or not these are the people that make things happen in the sport we love in one of the best snowmobiling areas in North America. And you will not find more genuine and deserving people. The businesses and livelihoods of the folks in the UP almost entirely depend on snowmobilers in the winter months and the government has shut them down. They arent going to get help from them so it falls on us. Time for all of you to pitch in and be part of a solution instead of just whiney internet cunts. Please help :bc: 

i like the fact that since the governments fucked the response up that private entities are stepping up with things like this and the Barstool fund.   

What is strange to me is that the barstool funds model is some simple and spot on,  give the business a monthly income to pay their bills including payroll.   Government could have easily done that by requiring actual qualifications for the PPP loans in march.  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

They need to make it a little easier to donate. I poked around for a while with a$20 but ended up bailing. I’m not registering shit. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i like the fact that since the governments fucked the response up that private entities are stepping up with things like this and the Barstool fund.   

What is strange to me is that the barstool funds model is some simple and spot on,  give the business a monthly income to pay their bills including payroll.   Government could have easily done that by requiring actual qualifications for the PPP loans in march.  

PPP went out too fast.   You had to apply because you didn't know at that point how your business would be impacted.   Same thing even now.   Who knows what the next 2-6 months will bring. 

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

They need to make it a little easier to donate. I poked around for a while with a$20 but ended up bailing. I’m not registering shit. 

agreed. There is a forum at John Dee with the details and I think comments can be made. I will follow up and post if there are any updates. 

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Working on it guys.  Give us a minute.  This thing took off like wild fire.  From an idea to full throttle in 3 days.  Gotta get the non profit setup and then we will be good.