Check your account email address ×

South African Covid variant appears to ‘obviate’ antibody drugs, Dr. Scott Gottlieb says

56 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I get my first jab tomorrow and the second on the 28th. Side effects and bad reactions are virtually non-existent. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/south-africa-covid-variant-appears-to-obviate-antibody-drugs-dr-scott-gottlieb-says.html

My wife just got a call, she gets hers at work tomorrow. It’s awesome news. Our cases have been climbing because of Christmas. The first wave was because we were caught flat footed and the vulnerable people who worked in or resided in hospitals, Ltc homes and other front line workers took it on the chin. The second wave is from entitled fucktards who ignored medical advice. I’d rather my wife fully retire than risk catching Covid from selfish cunts. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I get my first jab tomorrow and the second on the 28th. Side effects and bad reactions are virtually non-existent. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/south-africa-covid-variant-appears-to-obviate-antibody-drugs-dr-scott-gottlieb-says.html

My sis gets her second jab this week.  No adverse reactions so far to the first for her or her hubs.  Both got the Pfizer variant.

• Like 1

Not that it’s that big of a deal but TDS over virus names ? Retarded. We can’t call it the China Virus, remember the push bsck ? Lol 😂 why do we then call one strain the UK strain and another the South African variant. 😝 

50% of our country and world retarded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CFM said:

Not that it’s that big of a deal but TDS over virus names ? Retarded. We can’t call it the China Virus, remember the push bsck ? Lol 😂 why do we then call one strain the UK strain and another the South African variant. 😝 

Since sars and the bird flu come from China I’d say your idea would make things confusing. 
UK variant of Covid 19  makes more sense than calling three different flu’s the Ghina flu. 

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

My wife just got a call, she gets hers at work tomorrow. It’s awesome news. Our cases have been climbing because of Christmas. The first wave was because we were caught flat footed and the vulnerable people who worked in or resided in hospitals, Ltc homes and other front line workers took it on the chin. The second wave is from entitled fucktards who ignored medical advice. I’d rather my wife fully retire than risk catching Covid from selfish cunts. 

Well you should put the blame fully where it belongs on the liberal government and it's dumb fuck leader justin. They have failed on every indicator even worse than the USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

My sis gets her second jab this week.  No adverse reactions so far to the first for her or her hubs.  Both got the Pfizer variant.

I’m getting the two part Pfizer version. Several of my ex coworkers received it. Zero side effects. 

1 hour ago, CFM said:

This is FSCE. You can call it anything you want. Nobody cares. 

2 hours ago, Roosting said:

Well you should put the blame fully where it belongs on the liberal government and it's dumb fuck leader justin. They have failed on every indicator even worse than the USA.

We had 6,600 new cases today you had 230,000. You have 9 times our population. Our numbers are a disgrace but yours are 4 times worse.

Our conservative provincial government chose to delay the lockdown by 48 hours. He basically gave permission for people to get together over Christmas just because he was too cowardly to act.  He also passed legislation protecting Ltc home owners from lawsuits.

Then he basically did nothing with vaccine roll out between Xmas and New Years. Even allowed his Ministers two week vacations which they took overseas. Trudeau is a mostly ineffective fucktard.  But Ford is way worse.  Compare liberal provinces to Conservative provinces and you will see per capita the liberal ones did a better job of containment. 

Compare any to the Dumbfucks to the south of us and we all look good.  

compare North America to New Zealand and we all look fucking stupid. 

21 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

We had 6,600 new cases today you had 230,000. You have 9 times our population. Our numbers are a disgrace but yours are 4 times worse.

Our conservative provincial government chose to delay the lockdown by 48 hours. He basically gave permission for people to get together over Christmas just because he was too cowardly to act.  He also passed legislation protecting Ltc home owners from lawsuits.

Then he basically did nothing with vaccine roll out between Xmas and New Years. Even allowed his Ministers two week vacations which they took overseas. Trudeau is a mostly ineffective fucktard.  But Ford is way worse.  Compare liberal provinces to Conservative provinces and you will see per capita the liberal ones did a better job of containment. 

I don't know how accurate that 6600 is...especially when ontario had almost 3600 alone.

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s the same source for both numbers. One would assume they would fuck up equally. 

We had 334 here today I believe....we have restrictions but you would never know it. At least not around my area in general.

12 hours ago, Dave said:

We had 334 here today I believe....we have restrictions but you would never know it. At least not around my area in general.

Is that province or local area?  Our area has been really good until December. 0 active cases most of the time. Now we are less than 50 per 100,000. But in Guelph it’s 3 times that number. For the most part, if you have money you are far less likely to get it. 

32 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Is that province or local area?  Our area has been really good until December. 0 active cases most of the time. Now we are less than 50 per 100,000. But in Guelph it’s 3 times that number. For the most part, if you have money you are far less likely to get it. 

Province....we have 3300 or so active cases in the province....keep in mind we only have 1.2 million population here.

Edited by Dave

15 minutes ago, Dave said:

Province....we have 3300 or so active cases in the province....keep in mind we only have 1.2 million population here.

We went from less than 1,000 active cases and 0-5 deaths per day to 26,000 cases and 89 deaths yesterday. Hopefully that’s the peak from Ford’s Christmas fiasco.
By mid Feb my wife Will be 94% protected. I’m guessing my age group will be Vaccinated by June. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

We went from less than 1,000 active cases and 0-5 deaths per day to 26,000 cases and 89 deaths yesterday. Hopefully that’s the peak from Ford’s Christmas fiasco.
By mid Feb my wife Will be 94% protected. I’m guessing my age group will be Vaccinated by June. 

I say open everything up and let the virus run its course......if you don't know what precautions you need to do to be somewhat safe by now you can't be helped anyway...jmo of course.

20 minutes ago, Dave said:

I say open everything up and let the virus run its course......if you don't know what precautions you need to do to be somewhat safe by now you can't be helped anyway...jmo of course.

I’m good with that once everyone who wants the vaccine gets it. Otherwise there is no way to protect the elderly, front line workers and people in hospitals and ltc homes. 

There is a slight possibility that even with the vaccine you can still be a carrier. That would speed things along. Hopefully a forward thinking government will open up Covid hospitals. They can be staffed by all the anti mask, anti lockdown, anti vaccine medical professionals.  According to youtube and Ben they are the majority. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I’m good with that once everyone who wants the vaccine gets it. Otherwise there is no way to protect the elderly, front line workers and people in hospitals and ltc homes. 

There is a slight possibility that even with the vaccine you can still be a carrier. That would speed things along. Hopefully a forward thinking government will open up Covid hospitals. They can be staffed by all the anti mask, anti lockdown, anti vaccine medical professionals.  According to youtube and Ben they are the majority. 

Whatever they decide....its getting old fast....hopefully the virus subsides once spring arrives and like you said get those at the highest risk vaccinated so at least we can get a false sense of security and get back to normal.

16 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

ya but there is no leadership on a federal level in Canada. Same thing you rail on the USA about. So maybe get you story straight on who the problem is.

3 minutes ago, Roosting said:

ya but there is no leadership on a federal level in Canada. Same thing you rail on the USA about. So maybe get you story straight on who the problem is.

At first all levels of government worked together. It started to fall apart we crushed the first wave. Trudeau is ineffective. But Ford has fucked up his part.