Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I can’t see why it would be worse than any other motor. It’s got the upgraded mounts and added snubbers and I’m sending clutch out to be balanced. Should be fine 

Yah I was surprised how close to brand new it looked 

Did you buy a 9OO fusion 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I can’t see why it would be worse than any other motor. It’s got the upgraded mounts and added snubbers and I’m sending clutch out to be balanced. Should be fine 

Yah I was surprised how close to brand new it looked 

Who does your balancing?

21 minutes ago, ACE said:

Did you buy a 9OO fusion 

2006 switchback 

19 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Who does your balancing?

Probably send it to Indy Specialties I guess since he’s close.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

2006 switchback 

Probably send it to Indy Specialties I guess since he’s close.

Indy Dan, Patrick custom carbon and Guthrie are the only ones I know of. Just seeing if you had someone else you use. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Indy Dan, Patrick custom carbon and Guthrie are the only ones I know of. Just seeing if you had someone else you use. :thumbsup:

I used to live 10 minutes from Todd Guthrie’s shop. It was so awesome having him right up the road. Great dude and a whiz machinist. Could make you literally anything. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I used to live 10 minutes from Todd Guthrie’s shop. It was so awesome having him right up the road. Great dude and a whiz machinist. Could make you literally anything. 

You still have the turbo apex? Or did you not buy that?

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He’s done work for me a half dozen times now. Happy with all of it 

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

You still have the turbo apex? Or did you not buy that?

Sitting in my shop , had it partially torn down and then put it all back together. I was getting a little overwhelmed with two sleds in a million pieces. As soon as the Polaris is buttoned up I’ll get to work on the apex. 

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sitting in my shop , had it partially torn down and then put it all back together. I was getting a little overwhelmed with two sleds in a million pieces. As soon as the Polaris is buttoned up I’ll get to work on the apex. 

Cool :thumb:.  Yes that can be stressful but I'd imagine your weather is about as shitty as here so you should have time.

24 minutes ago, HSR said:

Cool :thumb:.  Yes that can be stressful but I'd imagine your weather is about as shitty as here so you should have time.

Yah it’s shitty here and now I’m working in the cold in the shop. Dont feel like spending money on propane. Might buy some 8” insulated duct and run heat from the wood heated side over the the shop side of building. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yah it’s shitty here and now I’m working in the cold in the shop. Dont feel like spending money on propane. Might buy some 8” insulated duct and run heat from the wood heated side over the the shop side of building. 

No NG in your area?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Tbh that motor wasn’t nearly as bad as the stuff they released after..

They surrounded it with absolute junk in the fusion chassis and still a bunch of junk in the Iq chassis. As usual the aftermarket solved 90% of the issues 

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They surrounded it with absolute junk in the fusion chassis and still a bunch of junk in the Iq chassis. As usual the aftermarket solved 90% of the issues 

Yeah I think the engine itself was ok. Just vibrated something terrible 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

It’s just part of a big twin mostly 

It is. Kinda forget about it until you drive a triple for a while then jump back on a large twin and then you really notice it