Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

This was fun. An LRM piped ultra And a stock ZRT 600 and my boys f3 600

ultra needed to go home. Bad tuning 

f3 came out of the hole like a rocket. ZRT started gaining after 1500’ but who cares 

LRM Ultron should have gaped nurds but… 

6CD5237C-12C5-49AB-90DC-99DFADEC5283.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 9:56 AM, Rod said:

I kept it in a parts bin 

D2990A55-C75A-447B-8B75-2A348BEBF08B.jpeg

Not sure I ever heard that story.  I thought you just parked it cuz you hated it.  

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Not sure I ever heard that story.  I thought you just parked it cuz you hated it.  

No after 250 miles ish I put it up for sale because I was really disappointed with the engine 

buddies convinced me to go for an evening ride and we were ripping hard on a trail I don’t really know, caught a tree with the tip of the ski and instead of just breaking the a arm it sheered the sled right in half 

stupid fucking design, and doo even sells a brace kit to try to stop the e module from doing that 

10 hours ago, Rod said:

This was fun. An LRM piped ultra And a stock ZRT 600 and my boys f3 600

ultra needed to go home. Bad tuning 

f3 came out of the hole like a rocket. ZRT started gaining after 1500’ but who cares 

LRM Ultron should have gaped nurds but… 

6CD5237C-12C5-49AB-90DC-99DFADEC5283.jpeg

LRM Ultra was a mighty beast in its day... tuned properly of course.  Those were the best pipes for that engine.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

LRM Ultra was a mighty beast in its day... tuned properly of course.  Those were the best pipes for that engine.

Yeah buddy just hasn’t taken the time to tune it properly. 

and for having a big suitcase muffler man that thing is loud lol

49 minutes ago, Rod said:

and doo even sells a brace kit to try to stop the e module from doing that 

It's dumb really, brace kits have been around for years and the couple I helped install added fuck all for weight. Should come with the brace from the factory.

36 minutes ago, HSR said:

It's dumb really, brace kits have been around for years and the couple I helped install added fuck all for weight. Should come with the brace from the factory.

Yeah what is it, two lbs at most?

i smoked a rock with the A arm on my 2020 cat once and all it did was break the arm. Was even still able to limp it home and maybe $180 later I was back in business 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Rod said:

i smoked a rock with the A arm on my 2020 cat once and all it did was break the arm. Was even still able to limp it home and maybe $180 later I was back in business 

Same with my Assault except it was a culvert…rode it back to the trailer and a couple A Arms later she was good to go.👊🏻

50 minutes ago, Rod said:

Exactly, couple francs at most vs. 12 hours and 48 beers in the garage.

1 hour ago, Rod said:

not sure what they cost now, but the Poo A-arms used to be like $120 bucks and were designed to give way before bending any "nuns" or any of that shit.

2 hours ago, Rod said:

No after 250 miles ish I put it up for sale because I was really disappointed with the engine 

buddies convinced me to go for an evening ride and we were ripping hard on a trail I don’t really know, caught a tree with the tip of the ski and instead of just breaking the a arm it sheered the sled right in half 

stupid fucking design, and doo even sells a brace kit to try to stop the e module from doing that 

Weird.  Every time I work on a Ski Doo I say the same thing, “stupid fucking design”. :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Weird.  Every time I work on a Ski Doo I say the same thing, “stupid fucking design”. :lol: 

French are renowned for their engineering skills...

Just now, Matt said:

French are renowned for their engineering skills...

I have a fuel pickup issue with mine right now.  Seems there used to be a little brass weight on the fuel line that kept it at the bottom of the tank.  The bean counteurs decided to eliminate that part and now a lot of the fuel lines are get hung up on a ridge in the tank that keeps it from being at the bottom.  So now at a half tank it feels like it’s running out of gas.  Easy fix lol.  All the body work, rear box, battery, frame spars and steering assembly has to come off to access it.  I’ve done a couple Skidoo front end modules too, thats a real treat.

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Still hate their secondary setup 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

not sure what they cost now, but the Poo A-arms used to be like $120 bucks and were designed to give way before bending any "nuns" or any of that shit.

Yeah so are the procross ones. Sure can be a nuisance but I’d rather change the a arms than the e module 

to be fair the a arms were still bolted to the S module. Just the s module wasn’t connected to the sled anymore lol 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I have a fuel pickup issue with mine right now.  Seems there used to be a little brass weight on the fuel line that kept it at the bottom of the tank.  The bean counteurs decided to eliminate that part and now a lot of the fuel lines are get hung up on a ridge in the tank that keeps it from being at the bottom.  So now at a half tank it feels like it’s running out of gas.  Easy fix lol.  All the body work, rear box, battery, frame spars and steering assembly has to come off to access it.  I’ve done a couple Skidoo front end modules too, thats a real treat.

May as well change fuel sock 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

My new 900r was turning 7800. Now with 400kms it's up to 8200 and is coming alive.

All my mock would pull was 7700-7800 and had almost nothing left at 75 mph 

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

All my mock would pull was 7700-7800 and had almost nothing left at 75 mph 

Damn guy, even my 20 wide goes 100 when everything is tuned right in good hard pan.  They detune them for you Manitoba guys?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn guy, even my 20 wide goes 100 when everything is tuned right in good hard pan.  They detune them for you Manitoba guys?

100 speedo is is like 89 gps tho