Check your account email address ×

deeply depressed

jtssrx

We live in a snowbelt/snowmelt area and can leave right from the house and do a couple hundred miles on a good day. I bought our last sled (2-up) and if we don't get out much it's not a big deal. I have all the seasons covered with a runabout, tin boat for fishing, sxs for spring/fall and now the motorhome for whenever. I'm retired or retarded whichever categorie I fit into and every day is a new day as long as I'm on the right side of the grass. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I miss that .   Snowing all day at work, chomping at the bit to get out of there.   Buddies calling all day to meet up at the house.   just jumping on sleds and going .  

Nailed it perfectly...we used to do a Wednesday after work ride and it was on regardless...we met at a friends house that was on  the trail and had a few pump primers while we waited for everybody and then it was off to The Golden Nugget for some grub and a couple Jager Bombs and then meander around on the way home. All offtrail/back trail with a few stops under the moonlight...no hurry, no worries...doesn’t happy anymore but still excited for solo rips on the new SBA!✌🏼🇺🇸👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

Playing hooky and taking a rip from home tomorrow. Good, bad, or  ugly...gotta’ make it happen as warmth and rain for Thurs/Fri

Past 50 yrs, rare for a ride (on trails) without trailering pre Christmas.

My road and unplowed neighbor’s as of yesterday.

20351FE7-1186-4388-A7C2-826061F47553.jpeg

Edited by CFM
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wow...You may have said in the past and if I missed it I apologize or maybe you would rather not say but is this all due to a hereditary/congenital condition or did you suffer an injury of some sort? Either way I hope these surgeries give you relief and that the next one is the last one you’ll need.👍🏼🏼

I have a few different "conditions" but the brain/neck stuff is related to chiari malformation. I have a connective tissue disorder that is the root cause, and the collagen (glue) that holds our bodies together is failing, so my joints, organs, etc is more lax than normal. So in the past 4+ years I've had both first ribs removed, brain surgery, skull to c2 neck fusion, and now a styloid removed in my skull/jaw. In a few months the left one will be removed as well. I will have more surgeries in the future, likely more brain/neck surgery as needed. It's been a journey, but I am better than some, and grateful to live in a country where I can travel for specialized care. 

15 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Damn you've had a rough few years. Here's hoping things get better soon for you. :bc:

Thanks, it's been a journey! 

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

x2

6 hours ago, Tinker said:

That does not look like any fun at all... Hope Ya bounce right back

This one was "easy"!

6 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Hope the surgery takes care of your problems, good luck man.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Dieselgeek said:

I have a few different "conditions" but the brain/neck stuff is related to chiari malformation. I have a connective tissue disorder that is the root cause, and the collagen (glue) that holds our bodies together is failing, so my joints, organs, etc is more lax than normal. So in the past 4+ years I've had both first ribs removed, brain surgery, skull to c2 neck fusion, and now a styloid removed in my skull/jaw. In a few months the left one will be removed as well. I will have more surgeries in the future, likely more brain/neck surgery as needed. It's been a journey, but I am better than some, and grateful to live in a country where I can travel for specialized care. 

Thank you for responding and yeah it sounds like a helluva journey but it sounds like you have  good outlook and attitude about it all...have a very Merry Christmas!✌🏼🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Insurance cover all that?

4 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Sorry to hear, a neighbor of ours has that condition, she's had several surgical procedures and continues to deal with it.