Check your account email address ×

Carbide ski runners on C&A Pro skis

Skidoo makes a ski called DS2. Its a crossover/mountain ski. They work good on those nose heavy skidoos. That and alot of the skeedooers are putting Polaris gripper skis on due to the light steering feel. They work good I can testify to them both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The keel length on the ski (including the carbides) is what makes the steering.  Width and outside keels are for float, tracking and stability in hard banks. When people complain about hard steering in aftermarket skis....it's because they've chosen a ski with too much keel....and/or they don't know how to set up their sleds.  It's really not any aftermarket ski is better.  Same as it's not one suspension tune is the best for everyone.  There's a bit of a science behind it and one should go into it seriously (and honestly) about what they need for their type of riding.

Ski Performance | Hardcore Sledder

Screenshot_20201207-100603.png

Had grippers on my RMK (right) and they were great.  Had Slydogs on my trail sled (left) with shapers and they improved steering a lot, especially in loose mealy snow.  Wish I had a better pic.  Those were some really cool looking skis.  Red and black swirl.

2011-01-21_15-42-03_161.jpg

44 minutes ago, Anler said:

Skidoo makes a ski called DS2. Its a crossover/mountain ski. They work good on those nose heavy skidoos. That and alot of the skeedooers are putting Polaris gripper skis on due to the light steering feel. They work good I can testify to them both. 

I liked the pilots better than the ds2 on the 1200....the ds2 is better on the etec though 

Zam posted an old C&A Pro product comparison.  I tried the XCS and they were just too much on the hard pack I find myself in more often that I would like.  The XPT is a more universal trail ski.  Can be set up to be real aggressive or almost close to the stock skis, depending on what you want.

When I can get a sled with power steering the XCS skis are going on.  With loose snow conditions on the trail later in the day the more aggressive skis really shine.  But if you are out at 8 AM breaking a frozen freshly groomed trail you will hate it.

image.thumb.png.e1f1384f2e26337b58f03ba71cc1d717.png

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Zam posted an old C&A Pro product comparison.  I tried the XCS and they were just too much on the hard pack I find myself in more often that I would like.  The XPT is a more universal trail ski.  Can be set up to be real aggressive or almost close to the stock skis, depending on what you want.

When I can get a sled with power steering the XCS skis are going on.  With loose snow conditions on the trail later in the day the more aggressive skis really shine.  But if you are out at 8 AM breaking a frozen freshly groomed trail you will hate it.

image.thumb.png.e1f1384f2e26337b58f03ba71cc1d717.png

1st:  Ooops...my bad.

2nd: Many reasons I didn't hit the trail until late morning or lunch-ish.  This is one.  XT's with a 10" runner makes for some miserable scary riding on frozen tracks.