Check your account email address ×

Biden Voter's

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, 1jkw said:

Yes and that has been true, the difference is that 60% was never brought up previously, and spending quit being the greatest threat to the US, guaranteed come January 2021 it will be again.

Well I disagree.   I posted I didn't agree with an increase in military spending and I wanted Trump to shut the govt down over other reductions.   I have posted on reasons why its political suicide even though I wanted him to stand firm. 

48 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The party that says that they put people of color and push racial and sexual equality gave 10 million more votes to a 79 year old rich, white, male over Hillary Clinton.  That right there tells the whole story of the party that put Biden as the nominee.

Yes.  Hillary was the worst candidate in history, unlikeable, untrustworthy, unattractive , and unelectable, not to mention FBI investigations just before the election.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well I disagree.   I posted I didn't agree with an increase in military spending and I wanted Trump to shut the govt down over other reductions.   I have posted on reasons why its political suicide even though I wanted him to stand firm. 

Please tell me who here said Trumps spending was the greatest threat to the Us, and where were the tea party protests?  

Do you remember giving Obama a pass on the 60%? Neither do I.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Please tell me who here said Trumps spending was the greatest threat to the Us, and where were the tea party protests?  

Do you remember giving Obama a pass on the 60%? Neither do I.

Jesus dude I never gave him a pass.   Just because I didn't agree with him on spending doesn't mean I would automatically reject him as a good POTUS when I agreed on the vast majority of his other policies.   I didn't reject Obama only on spending but dozens and dozens of other policy positions.   

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Jesus dude I never gave him a pass.   Just because I didn't agree with him on spending doesn't mean I would automatically reject him as a good POTUS when I agreed on the vast majority of his other policies.   I didn't reject Obama only on spending but dozens and dozens of other policy positions.   

Well put it this way, spending was about 99% more a problem for Obama than it is for Trump. And again not one person here thinks it's the greatest threat to the US now, but did then. Despite the fact Trump out spent Obama's last 4 years in his first 3 no tea party. 

While you can say you don't give him a pass, you don't complain near as loudly about it.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Well put it this way, spending was about 99% more a problem for Obama than it is for Trump. And again not one person here thinks it's the greatest threat to the US now, but did then. Despite the fact Trump out spent Obama's last 4 years in his first 3 no tea party. 

While you can say you don't give him a pass, you don't complain near as loudly about it.

Actually I had much larger issues with Obama than his spending and I'm sorry you can't see the difference when some issues end up "louder" than others.   :bc:

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Actually I had much larger issues with Obama than his spending and I'm sorry you can't see the difference when some issues end up "louder" than others.   :bc:

I can see the difference, and I pointed out that the number 1 threat became irrelevant.  I understand people have different outlooks on issues, what I can't fathom is changing them based on party.

16 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I can see the difference, and I pointed out that the number 1 threat became irrelevant.  I understand people have different outlooks on issues, what I can't fathom is changing them based on party.

Yes typical to any change in who is in power there is some hypocrisy that comes along with it.   While its certainly in the top issues honestly the reason's behind the spending are more significant than the spending itself.   We cannot stop spending without an understanding of the American people on why we shouldn't be spending the way we are.  

Few examples.

I want to reduce military spending but not just because we spend too much.   It needs to start with stopping being the worlds police force.   We need to remove ourselves all over the world and let the countries or regions handle their own protection.   If we don't remove ourselves and stop sticking our nose in everything then the soldiers suffer with less and inferior equipment.   I don't want that either.  

I want to stop as much illegal immigration as possible.   We spend 100's of billions of $'s on it.   CA alone needs the equivalent of almost a school per day to open because of illegal immigration and anchor babies.  This goes without saying the impact on the American worker.

You can't just stop the spending you need to stop the problem causing the spending first.   That is where the focus needs to be....upstream not down. 

Edited by Highmark

27 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Hold the god damn phone.  Never in history did the US give such a HUGE bailout like right at the end of bush and beginning of the obama terms.  That is why spending became SUPER relevant.  And if you will remember that was about the same time that the tea party started forming.  NO one gave anyone a pass, from Bush to Obama to Trump, but it was very relevant in the mid 2000's when these fuckheads first introduced this type of spending.

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hold the god damn phone.  Never in history did the US give such a HUGE bailout like right at the end of bush and beginning of the obama terms.  That is why spending became SUPER relevant.  And if you will remember that was about the same time that the tea party started forming.  NO one gave anyone a pass, from Bush to Obama to Trump, but it was very relevant in the mid 2000's when these fuckheads first introduced this type of spending.

What ever happened to the Tea Party-  they seem to have no issue with spending once a pub got into the whitehouse. .  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

What ever happened to the Tea Party-  they seem to have no issue with spending once a pub got into the whitehouse. .  

Who do you mean by "they"? Rand Paul?  Michele Bachmann?  Bachmann is out and Rand Paul with others all seem to keep up the budget fight.

All you have to do is look it up and you will see many retired and others are still in trying to stop spending.  Interesting to note, there was never a dem as a member.  What should that tell you.

Edited by racer254

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

For the entire decade from 2009 to 2019 the FED balance sheet was about 4 trillion, August 2019 it about 3.82 trillion, look up what it is now.  Obama added over 9 trillion in debt over 8 years, Trump will likely surpass that in 4 years.   Trump inherited sub 5% UE and trending down, Obama about 10% trending up.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

For the entire decade from 2009 to 2019 the FED balance sheet was about 4 trillion, August 2019 it about 3.82 trillion, look up what it is now.  Obama added over 9 trillion in debt over 8 years, Trump will likely surpass that in 4 years.   Trump inherited sub 5% UE and trending down, Obama about 10% trending up.

Then why did our credit rating go down under Obama but not under Bush or Trump?

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yes typical to any change in who is in power there is some hypocrisy that comes along with it.   While its certainly in the top issues honestly the reason's behind the spending are more significant than the spending itself.   We cannot stop spending without an understanding of the American people on why we shouldn't be spending the way we are.  

Few examples.

I want to reduce military spending but not just because we spend too much.   It needs to start with stopping being the worlds police force.   We need to remove ourselves all over the world and let the countries or regions handle their own protection.   If we don't remove ourselves and stop sticking our nose in everything then the soldiers suffer with less and inferior equipment.   I don't want that either.  

I want to stop as much illegal immigration as possible.   We spend 100's of billions of $'s on it.   CA alone needs the equivalent of almost a school per day to open because of illegal immigration and anchor babies.  This goes without saying the impact on the American worker.

You can't just stop the spending you need to stop the problem causing the spending first.   That is where the focus needs to be....upstream not down. 

Problem is Trump did zero to pay down debt or deficit when times were good, now when things got bad it just puts us further behind  the 8 ball.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Then why did our credit rating go down under Obama but not under Bush or Trump?

I'll tell you but Google it yourself,  because the Republicans were against spending the money needed to pay the bills then, unlike now and that is the exact point I was making. Republicans were so against spending that they let our credit rating go down, not against spending anymore, well at least until Jan. 2021.

Just now, 1jkw said:

I'll tell you but Google it yourself,  because the Republicans were against spending the money needed to pay the bills then, unlike now and that is the exact point I was making. Republicans were so against spending that they let our credit rating go down, not against spending anymore, well at least until Jan. 2021.

I try to stay away from google, I use dogpile instead.  But please tell me more on why it was the first time in History the US went down below AAA

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I try to stay away from google, I use dogpile instead.  But please tell me more on why it was the first time in History the US went down below AAA

I just did! Can't you read? Use dogpile or whatever you like it won't change the fact that Republicans didn't want to spend money the, unlike now.

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I just did! Can't you read? Use dogpile or whatever you like it won't change the fact that Republicans didn't want to spend money the, unlike now.

So you are mad cause trump was spending money, and yet now you blame republicans for NOT spending?  LOL. 

Typical biden voter that doesn't know what you want.  Do you want to spend more or spend less?  Or it just depends on who is doing the spending?

Edited by racer254

14 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Problem is Trump did zero to pay down debt or deficit when times were good, now when things got bad it just puts us further behind  the 8 ball.

The deficit is too far gone to have any serious discussions about reducing it in today's political climate as nobody has the political willpower to go after ND spending.   The reality is the best we can do is not contribute to it and let the economy grow so it becomes a smaller portion of it.   I agree Trump did not stand his ground on taking either of those steps.   Anyone who does is almost guaranteed to be a 1 term POTUS.   So unless we can find a list of extremely fiscally conservative candidates that can every 4 years get enough of the I want something for nothing crowd in this country to vote for them its fruitless to think we can pay any of it off.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So you are mad cause trump was spending money, and yet now you blame republicans for NOT spending?  LOL. 

Typical biden voter that doesn't know what you want.  Do you want to spend more or spend less?  Or it just depends on who is doing the spending?

Hey dipshit.....what happened to the sequester? 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Not mad just pointing out that even when times were good Trump out spent Obama and the Republicans were fine with it.  Now that things aren't good the spending increases as it is needed and because when he should have kept the debt and deficit declining he didn't and it makes it more difficult now.  

Spend more in times like this, and less when times are good or at least not increase the debt and deficit like Trump did when times were good. According to Fox Obama's last term the deficit was minus 11% under Trump it was plus 26% and that was before Covid.  

It depends on the overall condition of the economy and what it is being spent on, not who is in office.    

It is perfectly understandable that in times like this the debt and deficit will rise, not prior to January 2020.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

The deficit is too far gone to have any serious discussions about reducing it in today's political climate as nobody has the political willpower to go after ND spending.   The reality is the best we can do is not contribute to it and let the economy grow so it becomes a smaller portion of it.   I agree Trump did not stand his ground on taking either of those steps.   Anyone who does is almost guaranteed to be a 1 term POTUS.   So unless we can find a list of extremely fiscally conservative candidates that can every 4 years get enough of the I want something for nothing crowd in this country to vote for them its fruitless to think we can pay any of it off.

True it will never be paid down, to any real meaningful level, and any president who tries will not even make it out  alive, even if he isn't bumped off will never get a second term.

• Thanks 1