Check your account email address ×

Ex-Homeland Security official reveals he’s ‘Anonymous’ author who trashed Trump

Another one that was in the room.

Ex-Homeland Security official reveals he’s ‘Anonymous’ author who trashed Trump

Anonymous” is anonymous no more.

Miles Taylor, the former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, revealed Wednesday that he is “Anonymous,” the senior Trump administration official who penned a scathing book about the president without ever revealing his identity or rank.

Taylor, who stepped down in November 2019 after serving at DHS since early 2017, unmasked himself in a lengthy statement that confirmed he’s the author of “A Warning," which was published shortly before his resignation, as well as an unsigned 2018 New York Times op-ed that asserted there was a “resistance inside the Trump administration."

“Make no mistake: I am a Republican, and I wanted this president to succeed. That’s why I came into the administration,” Taylor said in the statement. “But too often in times of crisis, I saw Donald Trump prove he is a man without character, and his personal defects have resulted in leadership failures so significant that they can be measured in lost American lives.”

Donald Trump et al. sitting at a table in a suit and tie: President Trump seen in the Oval Office with Miles Taylor.

Repeating the central theme of his book, Taylor said there are many others within the administration who are repulsed by some of Trump’s policies and statements.

“That’s why I’m writing this note — to urge you to speak out if you haven’t," he said. “While I hope a few more Trump officials will quickly find their consciences, your words are now more important than theirs. It’s time to come forward and shine a light on the discord that’s infected our public discourse.”

Toward the end of his missive, Taylor urged fellow Republicans to “put country over party” and vote for Joe Biden in next week’s election.

“I believe Joe Biden’s decency will bring us back together where Donald Trump’s dishonesty has torn us apart,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-homeland-security-official-reveals-he-s-anonymous-author-who-trashed-trump/ar-BB1aujs3?ocid=Peregrine

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

What’s this like the 50th former employee that says Trump should not be in office?

Maybe one of them oughta run for president, if they think they got it all figured out...

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Maybe one of them oughta run for president, if they think they got it all figured out...

Easier just to take shots from the cheap seats. Trump really triggers these lunatics.