Check your account email address ×

KEWL!

XCR1250

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Cali's got 1 that's 55 mph.

"I can't drive 55" (Sammy Hagar) I thought those speeds were increased years ago but it sound like they weren't. That would drive me nuts having to drive that speed on a hwy. :wall:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

"I can't drive 55" (Sammy Hagar) I thought those speeds were increased years ago but it sound like they weren't. That would drive me nuts having to drive that speed on a hwy. :wall:

Not sure about everywhere but many of our Freeways are 70.

2 minutes ago, irv said:

South Korea has one that's 62mph.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Not sure about everywhere but many of our Freeways are 70.

Ours are a 100 km/h, which translates to 62 mph. They don't raise the speed limit as most drive over that, or at lease most use to. I normally drive 120 on the hwy's or just slightly under but traffic also dictates that. 70 mph is 112 km's per hour. 

I haven't heard much about it lately but some hwys up here were supposed to be raised to 110 km/h. Maybe some are already but none near me that I am aware of? 

Just now, irv said:

Ours are a 100 km/h, which translates to 62 mph. They don't raise the speed limit as most drive over that, or at lease most use to. I normally drive 120 on the hwy's or just slightly under but traffic also dictates that. 70 mph is 112 km's per hour. 

I haven't heard much about it lately but some hwys up here were supposed to be raised to 110 km/h. Maybe some are already but none near me that I am aware of? 

The 70 mph is normally away from high populated areas and are Freeways. Lots of 55-65 in many areas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

Crazy to me how low canadas are posted. We are used to everything outside populated areas being posted at 70 these days with anything under 80 being fine at least in New England.  Only tickets we have gotten in the household is for 20+ over since i was an adult.  I got one about 10 years back in NH and my son got one for 90 in a 70 15 months ago in Louisiana when we were driving back from TX.  

Edited by Angry ginger

49 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Never got a speeding ticket in 57 years of driving, I could have a couple times while way over the limit as I passed others.

I have paid 5 in the last 34 years.   2 for 20+ over,  1 for 10 and a couple rolling stop tickets.  the 10 over and rolling stops where under 18 and cops just busting balls.  I'd bet north of 100 more stops with no tickets anywhere between 15 and 20 over the limit.  Cops are pretty reasonable around here.  Traffic is typically 10-20 over regardless if it's in a 35 or 70 limit area.  It's odd when I go to the midwest and they stay much closer to the limit.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I have paid 5 in the last 34 years.   2 for 20+ over,  1 for 10 and a couple rolling stop tickets.  the 10 over and rolling stops where under 18 and cops just busting balls.  I'd bet north of 100 more stops with no tickets anywhere between 15 and 20 over the limit.  Cops are pretty reasonable around here.  Traffic is typically 10-20 over regardless if it's in a 35 or 70 limit area.  It's odd when I go to the midwest and they stay much closer to the limit.  

Only ticket I ever got was in 1969 for excessive acceleration-- $26. Never went over the speed limit but got there very quick, highly modded 69 Nova SS.

2 hours ago, irv said:

That is why you invest in a new detector every 3 or 4 years 

37 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

75 across North Dakota and 80 across Montana. Still takes 24 hours to drive across them lol.

Longest time I spent over 100 was just over 3 hrs in SD between 120 and 135 the whole time . Wife woke up and put a stop to it lol

That was in a 05 e55 benz wagon 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

That is why you invest in a new detector every 3 or 4 years 

Radar detectors are only legal in 3 Provinces, and mine isn't one of them.

Radar detectors are legal in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan, but for the rest of the country, any type of device that warns about a law enforcement speed gun is illegal. Detectors beep just in time to let a driver slow down.

3 hours ago, irv said:

Radar detectors are only legal in 3 Provinces, and mine isn't one of them.

Radar detectors are legal in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan, but for the rest of the country, any type of device that warns about a law enforcement speed gun is illegal. Detectors beep just in time to let a driver slow down.

A lot of things people do are illegal.  Most of the hits i have picked up on CA are way far off way more so than say US highway patrol who keep reinvesting in better tec as it comes out henc why you deffneexone in CA . If i lived there I would have a built in so they can't see it when driving by or walking up to the car for some other stupid shit 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

A lot of things people do are illegal.  Most of the hits i have picked up on CA are way far off way more so than say US highway patrol who keep reinvesting in better tec as it comes out henc why you deffneexone in CA . If i lived there I would have a built in so they can't see it when driving by or walking up to the car for some other stupid shit 

They have technology that can detect whether you have one or not, unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, irv said:

They have technology that can detect whether you have one or not, unfortunately.

It is a receiver they are full of shit  even if they can are they ? . They can see if you have a jamer not sure how they could detect a receiver i have had one on many times in Canada never a issue 

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It is a receiver they are full of shit . They can see if you have a jamer not sure how they could detect a receiver 

Not all vehicles in the states are allowed to have them too and they have the tech stateside to also detect them.

What is a radar detector detector?
Simply put, a radar detector detector (RDD) is a device that detects the presence of a radar detector. These devices allow law enforcement to locate and identify vehicles in which a radar detection device has been placed or installed, and is in active operation. Many law enforcement agencies have them, especially in areas where radar detectors are restricted or not allowed.

https://www.buyradardetectors.com/blog/2019/05/can-police-find-out-if-you-have-a-radar-detector.html

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Crazy to me how low canadas are posted. We are used to everything outside populated areas being posted at 70 these days with anything under 80 being fine at least in New England.  Only tickets we have gotten in the household is for 20+ over since i was an adult.  I got one about 10 years back in NH and my son got one for 90 in a 70 15 months ago in Louisiana when we were driving back from TX.  

120 on some parts of the tc1 in bc. That is 75mph.

1 hour ago, irv said:

Not all vehicles in the states are allowed to have them too and they have the tech stateside to also detect them.

What is a radar detector detector?
Simply put, a radar detector detector (RDD) is a device that detects the presence of a radar detector. These devices allow law enforcement to locate and identify vehicles in which a radar detection device has been placed or installed, and is in active operation. Many law enforcement agencies have them, especially in areas where radar detectors are restricted or not allowed.

https://www.buyradardetectors.com/blog/2019/05/can-police-find-out-if-you-have-a-radar-detector.html

Always on when  out side of city . I fly around the city all the time . City cops don't give 2 fucks about speeders.  At most they just flash there lights for a second together your attention 

20200921_203118.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pretty good chart of our speed limits....a small area of Texas is highest @ 85 mph.

.I usually keep my highway speed to 10 mph over posted limit, which would be 75 here.....haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 30 years

Screenshot_2020-09-21-21-49-08.png