Check your account email address ×

The Fed Now Owns Nearly One Third of All US Mortgages

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

The loans aren't over in with investment loans like in 08 so it's performing well. Given the cheap coat of borrowing for the fed not a bad too even with some defaults 

:lol: 

Something must have been going right for the past 3.5 years for a lot of people.  People running around the country right now buying up houses and property with who knows where the money is coming from, all the while keeping their place in the city that they live in already.  Every tourist trap, water park/resort, bed and breakfast and so on and so on packed to the gills not just every weekend, but during the mid-week as well.

Either these people have been saving up for a while for a rainy day pandemic, or there's gonna be a big crash and burn in a few short years from their reckless  spending.

• Thanks 1

Just now, hayward said:

Something must have been going right for the past 3.5 years for a lot of people.  People running around the country right now buying up houses and property with who knows where the money is coming from, all the while keeping their place in the city that they live in already.  Every tourist trap, water park/resort, bed and breakfast and so on and so on packed to the gills not just every weekend, but during the mid-week as well.

Either these people have been saving up for a while for a rainy day pandemic, or there's gonna be a big crash and burn in a few short years from their reckless  spending.

I think you know what’s fueling this

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

I don't care if it's free interest, the principal can still make your asshole pucker on a monthly basis.

Basically 100% of consumption in this country is driven by debt. The fed is responsible for this and its by design 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Basically 100% of consumption in this country is driven by debt. The fed is responsible for this and its by design 

been that way since the Reagan era.   can't put the genie back in the bottle.  People love them some debt,  it's amazing how many customers i see that are buried to their eyeballs and then wonder why we won't give them a house loan for as much as they want.   I don't get it- i struggle with paying anything on 1 car never mind having a 5-6-7-800 payment X2 cars plus a loan or 2 on toys and credit card debt.   I'm happily back to no more payments outside the mortgage as of this week.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

been that way since the Reagan era.   can't put the genie back in the bottle.  People love them some debt,  it's amazing how many customers i see that are buried to their eyeballs and then wonder why we won't give them a house loan for as much as they want.   I don't get it- i struggle with paying anything on 1 car never mind having a 5-6-7-800 payment X2 cars plus a loan or 2 on toys and credit card debt.   I'm happily back to no more payments outside the mortgage as of this week.  

I have 10 more months and I’m debt free aside from house....that will feel good

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't understand how people do it.  But then I hear what some of them are making a year and I scratch my head in disbelief that a company can pay someone that kind of money for what little they are doing.  

I've always worked too hard for too cheap I guess.  My own damn fault.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The thought of having a vehicle or toy payment now would make me sick to my stomach.  Got everything righted and are down to a house too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hayward said:

I don't understand how people do it.  But then I hear what some of them are making a year and I scratch my head in disbelief that a company can pay someone that kind of money for what little they are doing.  

It’s astonishing how much the dead weight paper pushers make while the people who do the real work get the shaft, it’s sad really. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

They spiked up dramatically in 2012 to 2018 then started to decline before covid.   Now if a democrap was in the WH people would be praising this as a money maker for the govt. 

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MBST

Edited by Highmark

14 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Sweet. That’s really a more comfortable way to live. I’ve never been much for expensive cars accompanied with large car payments. I financed two cars in my life and both times it drove me nuts making that monthly payment. 

14 hours ago, hayward said:

It’s pretty much that way in most areas of work. Be it finance, trades, or healthcare. Sales is about the only place people have to work hard from top to bottom In an organization. What has always baffled me are the human resource people. Fuckers get paid huge money to be annoying and fuck with people. Most of them that I’ve met are hateful people. 

39 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s pretty much that way in most areas of work. Be it finance, trades, or healthcare. Sales is about the only place people have to work hard from top to bottom In an organization. What has always baffled me are the human resource people. Fuckers get paid huge money to be annoying and fuck with people. Most of them that I’ve met are hateful people. 

Beauty of sales is the contribution is easy to define therefore the payouts are overall fair and those not pulling their weight get shed.  

:lol:  through the pandemic the one person whose pissed me off more than any others one of our HR girls.  bitches and moans about the littlest thing.  The presidents admin works in my office and has been doing monthly care packages for everyone in the company and she even whines about the contents of those.  Wish she had a higher title so the Ipads we are sending out to all our operations/support people next week would have skipped her level.