Check your account email address ×

Trump on Trade

f7ben

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Oh for fuck's sake you hyperbolic freak show.... :lol:

They haven’t even come close to meeting the terms of the bullshit phase 1 deal? Hasn’t labeled them a currency manipulator. Hasn’t addressed IP theft and the list goes on. He has literally be 100x tougher on fucking Canada and you can see the results in the price of a 2x4

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

They haven’t even come close to meeting the terms of the bullshit phase 1 deal? Hasn’t labeled them a currency manipulator. Hasn’t addressed IP theft and the list goes on. He has literally be 100x tougher on fucking Canada and you can see the results in the price of a 2x4

the cost of luber has nothing to do with trump and everything to do with the bullshit covid . southern yellow pine is the #1 issue the fact the mills were shut down  then the cutters were shut down , the treatment plants were shut down . has a lot to do with the heads miss reading demand leading up to the lock down thinking it would halt building but it did just the opposite.

most of the big guys were told in early may  if they dont pre order   all they need till the new yr they can not be guaranteed trusses or structural lumber IE southern yellow pine  or ground contact treated ,

a lot of guys did not buy it and are now fucked . one of the largest truss manufactures in my parts is only building for 4 guys who pre bought all they needed   

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I mean Ben, he said that many times..Like hundreds, a quick google search shows a lot of different interviews where he has said those things you are saying he isn't..

Screenshot_20200907-125354.png

Screenshot_20200907-125831.png

Dont worry, Harris will get it under control.

DLA Piper, a multinational law firm, boasts nearly 30 years of experience in China and over 140 lawyers dedicated to its “China Investment Services” branch.

Harris’s links to the company are found with her husband, Douglas Emhoff, who has served as a Partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology practice and its Media, Sport, and Entertainment sector since 2017.

DLA Piper boasts of having “long-established and embedded “China Desks” in both the U.S. and Europe” to assist their China-focused consulting, prompting questions about the firm’s potential proximity to the White House could be leveraged by DLA Piper, exploited by the Chinese Communist Party, or represent a financial conflict of interest for the Vice Presidential candidate.

34 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Dont worry, Harris will get it under control.

DLA Piper, a multinational law firm, boasts nearly 30 years of experience in China and over 140 lawyers dedicated to its “China Investment Services” branch.

Harris’s links to the company are found with her husband, Douglas Emhoff, who has served as a Partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology practice and its Media, Sport, and Entertainment sector since 2017.

DLA Piper boasts of having “long-established and embedded “China Desks” in both the U.S. and Europe” to assist their China-focused consulting, prompting questions about the firm’s potential proximity to the White House could be leveraged by DLA Piper, exploited by the Chinese Communist Party, or represent a financial conflict of interest for the Vice Presidential candidate.

Oh fuck, that is not good, she's in bed with China..

@Mainecat,..any of this a concern to you??

On 9/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Rigid1 said:

I mean Ben, he said that many times..Like hundreds, a quick google search shows a lot of different interviews where he has said those things you are saying he isn't..

Screenshot_20200907-125354.png

Screenshot_20200907-125831.png

Dude.....saying it means nothing. Labeling them a currency manipulator is an actual procedural move that would carry significant penalties for them financially 

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude.....saying it means nothing. Labeling them a currency manipulator is an actual procedural move that would carry significant penalties for them financially 

Gotcha, I miss understood what you were saying,..I thought you literally didn't think he has ever said it,..and I agree, actions speak louder than words

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Gotcha, I miss understood what you were saying,..I thought you literally didn't think he has ever said it,..and I agree, actions speak louder than words

He said that he would “label” or “designate” them as currency manipulators his whole campaign and he hasn’t done shit

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He said that he would “label” or “designate” them as currency manipulators his whole campaign and he hasn’t done shit

Agree, actions speak louder than words

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It was done last year. 

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm751

Treasury Designates China as a Currency Manipulator

August 5, 2019

Washington – The Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988 requires the Secretary of the Treasury to analyze the exchange rate policies of other countries. Under Section 3004 of the Act, the Secretary must "consider whether countries manipulate the rate of exchange between their currency and the United States dollar for purposes of preventing effective balance of payments adjustments or gaining unfair competitive advantage in international trade.” Secretary Mnuchin, under the auspices of President Trump, has today determined that China is a Currency Manipulator.

As a result of this determination, Secretary Mnuchin will engage with the International Monetary Fund to eliminate the unfair competitive advantage created by China’s latest actions.

As noted in the most recent Report to Congress on the Macroeconomic and Foreign Exchange Policies of Major Trading Partners of the United States (“FX Report”), China has a long history of facilitating an undervalued currency through protracted, large-scale intervention in the foreign exchange market. In recent days, China has taken concrete steps to devalue its currency, while maintaining substantial foreign exchange reserves despite active use of such tools in the past. The context of these actions and the implausibility of China’s market stability rationale confirm that the purpose of China’s currency devaluation is to gain an unfair competitive advantage in international trade.

The Chinese authorities have acknowledged that they have ample control over the RMB exchange rate. In a statement today, the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) noted that it “has accumulated rich experience and policy tools, and will continue to innovate and enrich the control toolbox, and take necessary and targeted measures against the positive feedback behavior that may occur in the foreign exchange market.” This is an open acknowledgement by the PBOC that it has extensive experience manipulating its currency and remains prepared to do so on an ongoing basis.

This pattern of actions is also a violation of China’s G20 commitments to refrain from competitive devaluation.  As highlighted in the FX Report, Treasury places significant importance on China adhering to its G-20 commitments to refrain from engaging in competitive devaluation and to not target China’s exchange rate for competitive purposes. Treasury continues to urge China to enhance the transparency of China’s exchange rate and reserve management operations and goals.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

How in the fuck did I miss that?????

Thank you for posting that

I don't know maybe do a bit of research before you post. 

Very first link in the search. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+designates+china+as+a+currency+manipulator&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS880US880&oq=trump&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j46j69i59j0l2j69i61j69i60j69i65.1678j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Because I made you look like an idiot?   Brilliant. 

I’m not always right and I’m the first one to admit when ive been mistaken which I was

now kill yourself

Just now, f7ben said:

I’m not always right and I’m the first one to admit when ive been mistaken which I was

now kill yourself

:lol:   BTW they were removed from that designation in January to get the trade deal signed. 

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was done last year. 

August 5, 2019

Washington – The Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988 requires the Secretary of the Treasury to analyze the exchange rate policies of other countries. Under Section 3004 of the Act, the Secretary must "consider whether countries manipulate the rate of exchange between their currency and the United States dollar for purposes of preventing effective balance of payments adjustments or gaining unfair competitive advantage in international trade.” Secretary Mnuchin, under the auspices of President Trump, has today determined that China is a Currency Manipulator.

As a result of this determination, Secretary Mnuchin will engage with the International Monetary Fund to eliminate the unfair competitive advantage created by China’s latest actions.

As noted in the most recent Report to Congress on the Macroeconomic and Foreign Exchange Policies of Major Trading Partners of the United States (“FX Report”), China has a long history of facilitating an undervalued currency through protracted, large-scale intervention in the foreign exchange market. In recent days, China has taken concrete steps to devalue its currency, while maintaining substantial foreign exchange reserves despite active use of such tools in the past. The context of these actions and the implausibility of China’s market stability rationale confirm that the purpose of China’s currency devaluation is to gain an unfair competitive advantage in international trade.

The Chinese authorities have acknowledged that they have ample control over the RMB exchange rate. In a statement today, the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) noted that it “has accumulated rich experience and policy tools, and will continue to innovate and enrich the control toolbox, and take necessary and targeted measures against the positive feedback behavior that may occur in the foreign exchange market.” This is an open acknowledgement by the PBOC that it has extensive experience manipulating its currency and remains prepared to do so on an ongoing basis.

This pattern of actions is also a violation of China’s G20 commitments to refrain from competitive devaluation.  As highlighted in the FX Report, Treasury places significant importance on China adhering to its G-20 commitments to refrain from engaging in competitive devaluation and to not target China’s exchange rate for competitive purposes. Treasury continues to urge China to enhance the transparency of China’s exchange rate and reserve management operations and goals.

That's some nice actions right there!!

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was done last year. 

August 5, 2019

You are aware no action was taken right? Like I said watch what he does not what he says.

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You are aware no action was taken right? Like I said watch what he does not what he says.

Yes thats why I already posted it