Check your account email address ×

Capital One cuts credit limits as millions struggle with income cliff

I don't have any Credit cards so haven't seen that, But 1 of my banks keep asking me to use a Home Equity Line of credit they issued us for up to $170,000+, they send checks every months but I just burn them.

Edited by XCR1250

18 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Sounds like they are concerned about people suddenly running the balances up because of job loss. Makes sense.

While the Fed prints unlimited money for investment backs to borrow for free and profit from

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

They cut my limit from $20k to 10k. The letter said lack of use was the reason. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capital-one-lowering-credit-card-spending-limits/?intcid=CNI-00-10aaa3b

Odd mine went up 5k 3 months ago, it's had a zero balance for a few years. Same company too Capital one

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Odd mine went up 5k 3 months ago, it's had a zero balance for a few years. Same company too Capital one

Hadn’t used mine in 8 years. I originally got it for travel, education, and everything else. At that time it was the best for points. They just never kept with others so I switched. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Hadn’t used mine in 8 years. I originally got it for travel, education, and everything else. At that time it was the best for points. They just never kept with others so I switched. 

They just don't care for your lack of business.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Mine was my first card I got when I was in college,..$200 limit..haha..26-ish or so years ago..lol

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Mine was my first card I got when I was in college,..$200 limit..haha..26-ish or so years ago..lol

I think it was capital one that started the cash back program. Probably the best marketing hook ever.