Check your account email address ×

All you’re ecobootht are belong to 6.2 suburban!

Rod

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Fuck yeah longest running vehicle nameplate in history 

Just got the vin number off that silverado of mine, 05 2500hd with the lq4, push button transfercase, 4l80e, and a 14 bolt rear axle. i am currently on the hunt for a dana 60 for the front, i already have a dana 44 but dont wont, will probably sell or junk

2 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

Just got the vin number off that silverado of mine, 05 2500hd with the lq4, push button transfercase, 4l80e, and a 14 bolt rear axle. i am currently on the hunt for a dana 60 for the front, i already have a dana 44 but dont wont, will probably sell or junk

You’ll grenade a Dana 44. A 10 bolt is better 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Drove a 2wd Suburban with a 6.2 delivering flowers for a part time job 25 years ago. I think it was an 82 or 83.

Gutless POS but the fuel mileage was stellar. Loaded it would get 28-30 mpg.

My dad’s super cab F250 with a 6.9 would do 20-22 mpg.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Drove a 2wd Suburban with a 6.2 delivering flowers for a part time job 25 years ago. I think it was an 82 or 83.

Old guy i know had a 5.7 olds diesel delta 88. Said it was horrendously gutless but fantastic on fuel 

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

that's a diesel retard

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

hey fudge, what is the summit of transfercases? i know im not keeping that electric chain driven pos, looking for a regular hi/low range that is sturdy and not electronic or chain driven

Well the NP 205 of course 

ever hear of anyone putting a high pinion diff on a passenger drop axle? i know ford axles from 78-79 are barely similar enough that they will bolt up, but what about the drive shaft being on the wrong side? i suppose it is nothing a 1 1/2 inch body lift can't handle

34 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

ever hear of anyone putting a high pinion diff on a passenger drop axle? i know ford axles from 78-79 are barely similar enough that they will bolt up, but what about the drive shaft being on the wrong side? i suppose it is nothing a 1 1/2 inch body lift can't handle

I haven’t seent it myself 

33 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Maybe GM fixed their rust issue. Doubtful. 

Alaska cars don't rust away. im a mechanic, i can wrench of a truck that was here all it's life. if a car from hillbilly mn pulls in, better hope that beg makita will fit because it is so rusted. good luck with that shit. sucks for u because you will have to pay like 6k for a gud subourban square and i can get one for 1500 with minimal rust. go down to redneck georgia and pick one up for 1000 with no rust, not from the city, but drive through the hillbilly parts that aint ever been to yankee towns

3 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

Alaska cars don't rust away. im a mechanic, i can wrench of a truck that was here all it's life. if a car from hillbilly mn pulls in, better hope that beg makita will fit because it is so rusted. good luck with that shit. sucks for u because you will have to pay like 6k for a gud subourban square and i can get one for 1500 with minimal rust. go down to redneck georgia and pick one up for 1000 with no rust, not from the city, but drive through the hillbilly parts that aint ever been to yankee towns

A mechanic?

Got your ticket?