Check your account email address ×

Armada Michigan Estate Auction

• Platinum Contributing Member

Saw this in the MSA Newsletter...look like there is a lot of vintage sleds and guns if anybody is interested.

https://www.crydermanauctions.com/auctions/?az_feed_pos=%2F%2Fwww.auctionzip.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fauctionview.cgi%3Flid%3D3445897%26feed%3D129%26group%3D0%26state%3D%26kwd%3D%26zip%3D%26category%3D0%26nojava%3D0

823A41D6-706E-41CC-B01C-4D28648C8311.thumb.png.88396135d42e6bf034741625691cb94e.png

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

I'd like to have a Sno-Twister, just not at the price it takes to get a nice one. 

It would just sit on a rack anyway.  

Edit, there is a Scorpion Brut with no motor on that sale bill.  That is the one I'd be the most cereal about bringing home with me.  The pair of RV's would be nice to have too.  

Edited by racinfarmer

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd like to have a Sno-Twister, just not at the price it takes to get a nice one. 

It would just sit on a rack anyway.  

Edit, there is a Scorpion Brut with no motor on that sale bill.  That is the one I'd be the most cereal about bringing home with me.  The pair of RV's would be nice to have too.  

I’d like to load every sled there into a trash compactor....vintage sleds are like Harleys

Nobody gives a fuck except fags!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Never had any luck getting a deal on anything at these auctions.  Feel like people bid stuff up they don’t even want 

People go crazy at auctions.  I've seen stuff go for more used then I can if I buy new, often.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

People go crazy at auctions.  I've seen stuff go for more used then I can if I buy new, often.

That has been my experience as well. The more publicized the auction the worse it is.  I have watched cars and tools go for stupid money.  Just smh. 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

That has been my experience as well. The more publicized the auction the worse it is.  I have watched cars and tools go for stupid money.  Just smh. 

Fap-Off tools seem to be the worst.  The Fap-off dealer here won't warranty stuff that you didn't buy new anymore, yet people still bid new prices for it.  

Crapsman too.  

Edited by racinfarmer

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Fap-Off tools seem to be the worst.  The Fap-off dealer here won't warranty stuff that you didn't buy new anymore, yet people still bid new prices for it.  

Crapsman too.  

No one wants to see anyone get a deal on anything.  Even if they don’t want it or have use for it , they will still bid it up.  

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

No one wants to see anyone get a deal on anything.  Even if they don’t want it or have use for it , they will still bid it up.  

There is a weekly auction here in the hood.  When we moved to the area, I used it to help build up my tools here. 

When I'd win a lot of something, I'd get dirty looks from the regulars.

I think my best score was a beer flat full of pre-Irwin Vice Grips, like new.

The one that really pissed off the regulars was my vise.  There was 3 on the auction, and I bought one for one of my race trailers.  I was going to bid on the big old Wilton Bullet vise for home, but it went for more then a new one (a new one was around $900-1000 at the time) and come hell or high water, they were not letting me win two vises in 1 night.  

53 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That's why I go to estate sales, stuff sells very cheap usually.

16 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Only been to one and was #5 to get let in.

They always start on a Wednesday or a Thursday and frankly, I'm not using a day of PTO to buy used shit that I don't need...

Edited by racinfarmer

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Only been to one and was #5 to get let in.

They always start on a Wednesday or a Thursday and frankly, I'm not using a day of PTO to buy used shit that I don't need...

#5??

11 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I used to go to a lot of estate sales with a good friend that’s an antique dealer. Depends on who shows up. And there will always be a few items bid up real high. 

29 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I used to go to a lot of estate sales with a good friend that’s an antique dealer. Depends on who shows up. And there will always be a few items bid up real high. 

See all the estate sales here there is no bidding at all, you can buy the item with the listed price on it or offer something lower, a vise like Farmer was talking about sold at Swanson's estate sale 3 years ago for $25, it was the estate of a friend of mine who passed away, Al Swanson, there were 100's of tools there, he was a retired high school shop teacher from Illinois, he built a wood working shop here at his home after retirement.

Last estate sale they had a 80’s. Rivera ,  hadn’t run in over 10 years.  Needed a lot, but decent miles.  Would of been a good gamble at 500- 800 bucks .  2500?  Pffft. 

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’d like to load every sled there into a trash compactor....vintage sleds are like Harleys

Nobody gives a fuck except fags!!!!

Harleys serve a purpose,  old sleds serve none besides maybe wall decoration in a pole barn.  

21 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

#5??

Around here, they hand out numbers to the first 25 or so people waiting in line to get in.  It is the order you are allowed in, so they'll maybe let the first 5 in for 5-10 minutes, then 5 more and so on until it is everyone else.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Around here, they hand out numbers to the first 25 or so people waiting in line to get in.  It is the order you are allowed in, so they'll maybe let the first 5 in for 5-10 minutes, then 5 more and so on until it is everyone else.  

Hmmm, that's odd, here they hope enough show up to buy everything that's for sale.