Check your account email address ×

If you could buy one which would you buy

We have a 22ft Cobalt and a 19.5 ft Scarab in the shop that are getting polished. I wouldn't give 2 cents for the Scarab. It's a butt ugly boat for sure but I'll take the Cobalt or his Donzi that'll be coming in after the Cobalt is finished

20200728_112733.jpg

20200728_112653.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Cobalt makes in my estimation the nicest boat in their class.

agreed,  I bought a chaparral because there was no cobalt dealer on the lake and kicked myself when over the winter they got one as it was the best fit and finish in the class.  I peruse the boat listings sometimes,  whats amazing is how much the market on used boats came back the last 6-7 years.  I sold my Chap 8 years old for less than i could sell it for now at 20 years old.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed,  I bought a chaparral because there was no cobalt dealer on the lake and kicked myself when over the winter they got one as it was the best fit and finish in the class.  I peruse the boat listings sometimes,  whats amazing is how much the market on used boats came back the last 6-7 years.  I sold my Chap 8 years old for less than i could sell it for now at 20 years old.  

IMO age is not as important as condition when it comes to used boats.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

IMO age is not as important as condition when it comes to used boats.

I would agree.  I sold my chap with 300 hours on it,  looked at an identical boat with less that 350 on it for 5k more than I got and based on pics similar condition.  I sold at the early stages of the crash in boat values,  it got worse after that.  

26 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

No your right president Biden would kill the economy.

It’s on a ventilator right now and the undertaker is waiting on the loading dock.

its Trumps economy and once again the Democrats have to clean up another republican economy fuck up.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s on a ventilator right now and the undertaker is waiting on the loading dock.

its Trumps economy and once again the Democrats have to clean up another republican economy fuck up.

You are such a hack.  I find it funny you rely on a PAC started by republicans for your information.

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent Republicans and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the U.S. Senate

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Biden would be the nail in the coffin.  If trump gets reelected i think there is a chance that we won't see a giant crash

Issue with the dems is this isn't the dem party of Clinton or even Obama.  I would argue that Obamas actions were minimal and he let the natural cycle take it's course with some minor pushes.  There was a complete lack of leadership in making america feel better about itself which was something Clinton did even though the economy was already rebounding when he took office.  

I'd have taken the Biden of 2007 over Trump but not the decrepit old man he's become cozying up with people intent on destroying the fabric of the country

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

You are such a hack.  I find it funny you rely on a PAC started by republicans for your information.

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent Republicans and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the U.S. Senate

If they had an alternative the actions of the lincoln project would be far more reasonable.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

If they had an alternative the actions of the lincoln project would be far more reasonable.  

Sure, but they don't.   Maybe it's because they are happy if a lifelong politician gets back into the DC swamp.

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Cobalt makes in my estimation the nicest boat in their class.

Cobalt always made a nice boat.