Check your account email address ×

FSCE BOAT THREAD!!!

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

With boats, you'll never be the king of the heap, always something bigger, faster, or someone with more money.

Yup, money talks, bullshit walks. 

I think the MERC 1750 Competition engine is $200,000.00!!!  

When you think about it though, if someone has big bucks, that's worth it to be the big man on campus. 

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

With boats, you'll never be the king of the heap, always something bigger, faster, or someone with more money.

Yup, kinda like that with everything in life. You got to be happy with what you have, and enjoy it for what it is. Not trying to keep up with the Jones.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, Angry ginger said:

for some their image is all they have.  

Coming from a 49 year old guy riding around in a Mustang Convertible.   :wtf:

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I pay someone to do it. and it's for me. Not to impress others.

I paid my helper to mow Monday. I like to see my mowed grass. I don't know if anybody sees it.  If my arm gets better, I will do more. 

30 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I pay someone to do it. and it's for me. Not to impress others.

How did the Hindu job go? 

Is it all done? 

Did the GC pay you ? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

How did the Hindu job go? 

Is it all done? 

Did the GC pay you ? 

hell yeah, that was done last november. Had my final by dec 1st. Dude was being a douche this spring insisting that I get it started on the friday before memorial day. So I got the system running and set him stright. Havnt heard from them since. And that's fine by me. 

Was so fucking busy this yr I didnt even return calls for new hindu's . That made my life more enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

hell yeah, that was done last november. Had my final by dec 1st. Dude was being a douche this spring insisting that I get it started on the friday before memorial day. So I got the system running and set him stright. Havnt heard from them since. And that's fine by me. 

Was so fucking busy this yr I didnt even return calls for new hindu's . That made my life more enjoyable.

I wouldn't do a Hindu job, if I was broke and starving. I would work 3rd shift at McDonalds in Lawrence before I would even return a Hindu call.  

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Coming from a 49 year old guy riding around in a Mustang Convertible.   :wtf:

i wanted a toy.  Has nothing to do with image if it did i'd have bought a porsche or benz instead of a 9 year old mustang.  

On 9/28/2020 at 10:53 AM, awful knawful said:

Exactly. Fuck the Joneses!

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Who were you referring to? 

people who drive around with 2 brand new luxury cars @ $1000 a pop and live in a 600k house with 5% equity  who barely make enough to pay for them.    You know the ones that if you drive through these new construction neighborhoods represent a good portion of the owners.   AKA the joneses

Nothing wrong with having nice stuff but no one can claim it's a good financial decision and way too many in America can't really afford it.  Had a conversation about this the other day with a buddy.  He lives in a nice little condo he paid 200+-k for 9 years ago and dailies  a 98 Civic with 200+k on it.    I tried to bait him into a Range Rover for $1500/mo after our assistant bought herself an X4 a few weeks back but he wouldn't bite.    He's an avid gambler but knows to protect his house and savings from bad decisions.  We've both watched some co workers who had to have the image lose literally everything when the market changed.  The guy who got him in the business ended up renting a bed in a rooming house and working at labor ready after spiraling down.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I wouldn't do a Hindu job, if I was broke and starving. I would work 3rd shift at McDonalds in Lawrence before I would even return a Hindu call.  

Dude you used to  roll on the ground trying to get a pair of cuffs on a junkie. 

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Dude you used to  roll on the ground trying to get a pair of cuffs on a junkie. 

Who told you that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!