Check your account email address ×

lobster prices dropping

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My daughter and I went to Traverse City yesterday and bought a Jeep for her...salesman was a great guy and yeah he shook my hand and gave my kid a hug..it's getting detailed and they are delivering it Tuesday. Get off your wallet and enjoy your golden years FFS!!!!!! 

what happened to the lexus?  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

what happened to the lexus?  

It was getting to the point where it was becoming somewhat of a nickel and dimer and TBH I didn't have much confidence in her driving it back and forth to Marquette. She's worked hard and saved some money and they gave us fair trade in value plus she has always wanted a Jeep so we found a nice Cherokee Limited with low miles, bought an extended warranty and now she is good to go for quite awhile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It was getting to the point where it was becoming somewhat of a nickel and dimer and TBH I didn't have much confidence in her driving it back and forth to Marquette. She's worked hard and saved some money and they gave us fair trade in value plus she has always wanted a Jeep so we found a nice Cherokee Limited with low miles, bought an extended warranty and now she is good to go for quite awhile. 

excllent,  i learned with my sons wrangler that a nickel and dime vehicle had to go.  Now his SPortage has 40k miles on it and the daughters mazda 3 has about 80 so they should be well served all the way through college and into their first job.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They are great cars.

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

3 bucks, I would buy about 30 of them, then go back for more. 

If you have a Facebook account go to Facebook market place and search lobsters. There are a few lobsterman that sell on their dock.

Just now, Mainecat said:

If you have a Facebook account go to Facebook market place and search lobsters. There are a few lobsterman that sell on their dock.

Any close to Kittery???? 

If I could get some in Kittery, I would take a ride up. Maybe go to KTP while I'm there.  

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

3 bucks off the dock.

Only way I buy lobster is off the dock, hate it at restaurants or in lobster rolls cause having it out of the ocean and cooked the same day is so much better. Plus I make the best lobster roll I've ever had with the leftovers the next day. Probably will do it at least 10 times this year

On 6/28/2020 at 1:12 PM, Angry ginger said:

thats how people with actual money do it.

i bought my mustang sight unseen in FL although I did fly down to drive it home and could have walked away.  Guy who sits across the hall from me just got a Mercedes E53 couple shipped from FL with nothing more than pictures and in the last few years has bought a Gallardo and a Viper the same way.  

OOOH, you're a big, rich bastid!!!  Wow!!!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Any close to Kittery???? 

If I could get some in Kittery, I would take a ride up. Maybe go to KTP while I'm there.  

“We’re all just trying to survive, keep your help working and your boat working,” said Lawrence, who is selling on Saturday mornings from his 19 Pleasant St. dock in Kittery.

3 hours ago, GGNHL said:

11 pounds of lobster bought right from a fisherman at the dock for $40.00 for dinner tonight and lobster rolls tomorrow. Life is good. :bc:

Snapchat-442602477.jpg

I think I could almost kill somebody for that batch of lobstahs. 

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:puke:  

might as well eat rats

Are you sayin' you don't like lobster...................then kill 'yerself!!!!

My grandmother grew up on la Baie Des Chaleurs.

She said only poor people ate lobster.

Big storms would wash the lobster up on shore. My grandmother and her siblings would go to the beach with the horse and wagon, fill it up, come home and throw the lobster in the garden for fertilizer.

How times have changed.

Edited by awful knawful

I'm just gonna go to a fukkin Market Basket, let them steam 5 pounds for me, and be done with it. Baked potato, cold slaw, melted butter. 

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm just gonna go to a fukkin Market Basket, let them steam 5 pounds for me, and be done with it. Baked potato, cold slaw, melted butter. 

Did that a few weeks ago at 4.99 lb. froze half for another day.

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

I always boil them at home. Use the stock to make a vat of chowdah! Damn, I love lobster, might have to get some this weekend now... guy in town has a boat and sells them out of his garage on the weekends. He has the big tank, whole setup etc. won’t buy lobster from a store again, sooo much better right off the boat! Enjoy! :saluting::yum:

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Did that a few weeks ago at 4.99 lb. froze half for another day.

3 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I always boil them at home. Use the stock to make a vat of chowdah! Damn, I love lobster, might have to get some this weekend now... guy in town has a boat and sells them out of his garage on the weekends. He has the big tank, whole setup etc. won’t buy lobster from a store again, sooo much better right off the boat! Enjoy! :saluting::yum:

I can' t wait!!!!!  :bc: