Check your account email address ×

Some U.S. police train for just a few weeks, in some countries they train for years

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pretty surprising considering there are national standards for just about everything else in this country especially when you have multiple agencies working together in areas..Local PD, Sheriffs, State Police, DNR CO's....etc.....

Employees son went into LE after 2 year (year round) tech program.   Straight on to patrol for 6 months (with training  officer) before going to the academy.   Thought  that was strange.

Of course its nothing like the schooling and training our mental  health "professionals" go thru. :lmao:

• Thanks 2

It's all bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ALL FUKKIN BULLSHIT!!! 

Finland is a mostly homogenous country. The uSA is filled with brutally violent AFRO-AMERICANs, and LAtinos, that WANT TO KILL THE POLICE and even whites in general.

You don't need three fukkin years of  training to be a cop.....................you need to be strong, tough, a good wrestler, and have common sense. 

Cops should all be MESOMORPHS, and pass a strength test. Muscle power is what counts in policing. Power lifters and weight lifters should be encouraged to be cops, not these skinny-armed dinks that we see too often. 

Policing is ultimately a manly challenge of strength and power..............nothing more, nothing less. 

Eric Garner was a huge, bastard of a black guy that was refusing to comply, that's why they got him in a choke-hold. Michael Brown, same thing, big violent black, hard to stop bastard. 

These guys are the result of PLANTATION BREEDING over hundreds of years. Now, look what we're stuck with!!!!

Hillary was right..................SUPERPREDATORS!!!!!

Both Eric Garner and George Floyd had UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITIONS that caused their deaths, but the BLM doesn't mention that. All this trouble is because blacks have been breeding for all these years like feral hogs, NOW WE HAVE forty million of them to contend with!!!!

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Employees son went into LE after 2 year (year round) tech program.   Straight on to patrol for 6 months (with training  officer) before going to the academy.   Thought  that was strange.

Of course its nothing like the schooling and training our mental  health "professionals" go thru. :lmao:

Well in all fairness, their training never stops.  :lol:

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not sure why we send people to medical school because our on the job trained mental health professionals know more anyway.  :lol:  

In the military you go to school after basic training. What you come out of there (and most schools) is a working knowledge of the 'system'. At that point you get sent to your duty station and train up to the standards. I think it works like that most places.

You can paper learn for years and be a moron (spin), you need to take what you learn and put it to practice thru experience.

You will never learn policing through books.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

37 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not sure why we send people to medical school because our on the job trained mental health professionals know more anyway.  :lol:  

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

In the military you go to school after basic training. What you come out of there (and most schools) is a working knowledge of the 'system'. At that point you get sent to your duty station and train up to the standards. I think it works like that most places.

You can paper learn for years and be a moron (spin), you need to take what you learn and put it to practice thru experience.

Where’s that old fuck Woolie with his condemnation of members attacking the OP? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Where’s that old fuck Woolie with his condemnation of members attacking the OP? 

Another example of Wollie following you around?

Your middle name is 'Projection'.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tax payers pay for their lack of training one way or the other. I hope he gets a million. 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Another example of Wollie following you around?

Your middle name is 'Projection'.

Nope...It’s another example of the old fucks hypocrisy/double standards and another example of you white knighting for him. 

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

I listened to a military guy’s thoughts on today’s police training policies. He has eleventy million times more experience than you. Top of his game. I totally agree with him. More money (A lot more) needs to be plowed into police training. And not in the form of learning to use military equipment. He’s an actual expert. 

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

I listened to a military guy’s thoughts on today’s police training policies. He has eleventy million times more experience than you. Top of his game. I totally agree with him. More money (A lot more) needs to be plowed into police training. And not in the form of learning to use military equipment. He’s an actual expert. 

And I listened to a doctor who has zero disdain for the people he is trying to help. Top of his game with 13 eleventy times the experience than you.

See how that works?

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

And I listened to a doctor who has zero disdain for the people he is trying to help. Top of his game with 13 eleventy times the experience than you.

See how that works?

You’re seeing the results of the current system that you think is working. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

You’re seeing the results of the current system that you think is working. 

Yes. I see people like you belong no where near a man or woman who needs actual help.

Hell, I bet you yourself see your disdain for these people.

While I think LE are likely under trained no amount of training will overcome a POS, power hungry disposition.  

If we can't weed them out in applications or during training we need LE and the UNION to be more willing to get rid of them after an incident or two on the job.

Some people just shouldn't be cops.  

That being said I think anyone overly critical of LE would benefit from a few weeks ride along with police to see what they deal with on a daily basis.   As bad as the police are they see 1000x's worse on a daily basis.   Not sure how its possible that it wouldn't impact someone over the long term. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

While I think LE are likely under trained no amount of training will overcome a POS, power hungry disposition.  

If we can't weed them out in applications or during training we need LE and the UNION to be more willing to get rid of them after an incident or two on the job.

Some people just shouldn't be cops.  

A lack of deescalation skills is probably one of biggest issues that’s occurring. When a police officer lacks some of those basic skills he’ll fall back on threats, commands, and force. Escalating a situation that could’ve been handled better with the right skill set. Poor training and old school thinking. 

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

A lack of deescalation skills is probably one of biggest issues that’s occurring. When a police officer lacks some of those basic skills he’ll fall back on threats, commands, and force. Escalating a situation that could’ve been handled better with the right skill set. Poor training and old school thinking. 

I can agree with that.   Maybe it was part of the show but I was always impressed with how Alaska State Troopers went about their job.   

I still say I'm not sure enough training can fix what some officers see on a daily basis and its likely there are not enough people applying or even in existence that can handle what they see daily and not let it impact them in some way.    

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They're going to be lining up now.:lol: