Check your account email address ×

The Neoliberal Echo Chamber Is Turning Us All Into Idiots

35 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yea no.  He made you both look foolish.  Read the whole thread slowly, starting with Dans link.

Just because the article says neoliberals are living in an echo chamber, doesn't mean conservatives have been for years. 

All the article is saying basically, is that liberals are acting more and more like conservatives. 

Had they listened to more independent voices instead of their chosen self confirming media, things would look a lot different today.

My rejection of propaganda outlets like Breitbart doesn't invalidate anything said by the author or myself.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Identity politics is so passe now....

Identity politics doesn't refer to the political spectrum.

The term identity politics refers to specific interests based on visible and sexual minorities, for example. 

Moving beyond identity politics and into more class consciousness is our only hope. Bernie is right about that.

Edited by motonoggin

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Identity politics doesn't refer to the political spectrum.

The term identity politics refers to specific interests based on visible and sexual minorities, for example. 

Moving beyond identity politics and into more class consciousness is our only hope. Bernie is right about that.

And communism is just the added benefits?

4 hours ago, motonoggin said:

As long as it is the voluntary kind, what's the problem?

Some day I hope your theoretical world reconciles with real world.  I know you're a good guy, but you're almost dangerously delusional.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Some day I hope your theoretical world reconciles with real world.  I know you're a good guy, but you're almost dangerously delusional.

I don't quite get all these "sub-factions" of the political spectrum myself.  But I respect Moto's integrity and commitment towards his groups goals and enjoy our little debates. Plus, I like his pics and memes tremendously.

Boy, I hope I don't have to kill him and his "crew" someday.:lol:

LOVE YOU MOTO!  :bc:

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm not under any illusion that we'll reach an ideal stateless communist society within my lifetime, but that is the ultimate goal. It's going to take the entire planet to unite for it, and the only way for that to happen is for human thought to evolve to that point. It won't happen by force. 

As long as the arc of history bends libertarian and left, towards more equality and freedom, we will get there eventually.

Edited by motonoggin

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

I'm not under any illusion that we'll reach an ideal stateless communist society within my lifetime, but that is the ultimate goal. It's going to take the entire planet to unite for it, and the only way for that to happen is for human thought to evolve to that point. It won't happen by force. 

As long as the arc of history bends libertarian and left, towards more equality and freedom, we will get there eventually.

Too bad it is going in the exact opposite direction and will be there in fifty years.

1 hour ago, Boered said:

Too bad it is going in the exact opposite direction and will be there in fifty years.

I see a silver lining in Trump's election. 

The workers are pissed off. This is a good time to recruit comrades. 

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I see a silver lining in Trump's election. 

The workers are pissed off. This is a good time to recruit comrades. 

Or return to a value system and government that worked for those willing, and helped those not able to, but not those just abusing the entitlement system.  As far as foreign affairs go, like I said.....there's a reason we're the biggest swinging dick in the world, and its a good and noble reason.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Or return to a value system and government that worked for those willing, and helped those not able to, but not those just abusing the entitlement system.  As far as foreign affairs go, like I said.....there's a reason we're the biggest swinging dick in the world, and its a good and noble reason.

Good post!  Except I gotta disagree a bit with the bold.  It's not all "good and noble" at all.  Well, good for us...and noble for us ALL of the time.  Only good and noble for others as a collateral benefit.  Ahhh...maybe I'm a bit obtuse there...MAYBE we are "good and noble" more times than I think.  Maybe.