Check your account email address ×

NASCAR rallies around Bubba Wallace following noose incident, drivers push car to front of pack

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

The FBI classified it as a noose.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/fbi-bubba-wallace-no-hate-crime-rope-nascar-report-1202967932/

“The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the target of a hate crime. The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall. This was obviously well before the 43 team’s arrival and garage assignment. We appreciate the FBI’s quick and thorough investigation and are thankful to learn that this was not an intentional, racist act against Bubba. We remain steadfast in our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who love racing.”

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/fbi-bubba-wallace-no-hate-crime-rope-nascar-report-1202967932/

“The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the target of a hate crime. The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall. This was obviously well before the 43 team’s arrival and garage assignment. We appreciate the FBI’s quick and thorough investigation and are thankful to learn that this was not an intentional, racist act against Bubba. We remain steadfast in our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who love racing.”

FASHIONED LIKE A NOOSE....good god it’s right there in your post.🤣🤣🤣

You guys will argue all day to make it seem like you didn't fall for this.  Just admit it.  You were fooled because you have been programmed to think this way.

The point is, it wasn't a noose, you fell for it, get over it. 

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

You guys will argue all day to make it seem like you didn't fall for this.  Just admit it.  You were fooled because you have been programmed to think this way.

:lol:  Sorry that facts are on OUR side. Try reading the articles before you post them. Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "fashioned as"?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

:lol:  Sorry that facts are on OUR side. Try reading the articles before you post them. Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "fashioned as"?

WTF do you want the FBI to say.   It is not a noose, but looks like a noose to the average dipshit?

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The point is, it wasn't a noose, you fell for it, get over it. 

It was a rope that was tied to look like a noose to be used as a door pull. It was placed there long before anyone was assigned the stall.

Those are the facts of the matter, and you can interpret them to mean whatever you want.

Just now, racer254 said:

WTF do you want the FBI to say.   It is not a noose, but looks like a noose to the average dipshit?

So you are saying that the FBI is lying to us because we are to stupid to tell the difference between a fake noose and a real one? 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

It was a rope that was tied to look like a noose to be used as a door pull. It was placed there long before anyone was assigned the stall.

Those are the facts of the matter, and you can interpret them to mean whatever you want.

Exactly, so to the average dipshit looking for attention it was a noose, but to most it was just a garage pull rope.  Maybe if it was not attached the GARAGE DOOR, there would be an issue, but it was just a pull rope.

Who gives a shit.  FFS it was not meant to be anything racist.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, Snake said:

What's the difference between a noose and a rope tied to look like a noose?  Does it have to go around someone's neck before it is called a noose?

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Exactly, so to the average dipshit looking for attention it was a noose, but to most it was just a garage pull rope.  Maybe if it was not attached the GARAGE DOOR, there would be an issue, but it was just a pull rope.

Who gives a shit.  FFS it was not meant to be anything racist.

We don't know if it was meant to be racist or not. All we know is that it wasn't directed at Bubba.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Just like this is an automatic machine gun.  OR Assault rifle.   Or is it?

image.png.1bb66754321134e6906a6ce379e5a0f1.png

That is a weapon designed specifically for the US military. It’s main purpose was for combat use in a variety of conditions for military personnel

Just now, spin_dry said:

That is a weapon designed specifically for the US military. It’s main purpose was for combat use in a variety of conditions for military personnel

but that ones a semi it's completely different derp.  it's for home protection and hunting derp  

FTR I have no issue with anyone owning whatever weapon they want but let's not pretend it's for anything besides image.   I love shooting AR's but they are not a hunting rifle or really a good personal protection weapon for most people.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

but that ones a semi it's completely different derp.  it's for home protection and hunting derp  

FTR I have no issue with anyone owning whatever weapon they want but let's not pretend it's for anything besides image.   I love shooting AR's but they are not a hunting rifle or really a good personal protection weapon for most people.   

I own two AR’s. Yet the platform is designed for combat. Let’s be honest. I’m not dissing the gun. I think everyone should have a right to own one. Even convicted felons that have served their time. I’m also of the belief that conceal carry laws are unconstitutional. There should be no qualifications to own and carry a gun in America. None 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Until you realize the AR is the back up to the .45.. in this house anyway.

Get by me, you got to get by her next.

It also appears that there were no other noose ties used for pulls there.

It's pretty clear this was tied as a door pull with the novel racist implications attached, but not specifically intended for Bubba.  

That Bubba's team was assigned the stall amplified the poor taste and choice of that tie as a door pull.  

Personally I don't see it as any kind of amusing novelty or action.  It's not necessary, and was clearly intended to have the history and meaning of a noose attributed to it.  It's petty and embarrassing.  Let's move on and put out the message that other door pull knots should be used, if at all.

Neal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1