Check your account email address ×

IL Gov. Pritzker Asked About Wife Traveling To FL During COVID: "I'm Just Not Going To Answer That"

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Another POS politician that thinks his family is nobility that is excluded from the rules. 

OMG!! The pot calling the kettle black!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

That fat fuck has big money. 

If Trump had JB's money he would burn his.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Looks like a union boss......

He's popular with business and labor.

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

While the state was under a travel ban?  

What travel ban? :lol:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn...Tom is trying to cover all sides and angles of this Covid deal.

Tom augered in on this one.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I don't think they meant essential travel like work.

What travel are you talking about?

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Tom augered in on this one.

What travel are you talking about?

Visiting some states for non essential purposes.....they want or wa ted you to self quarantine for 14 days.

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Visiting some states for non essential purposes.....they want or wa ted you to self quarantine for 14 days.

All the “rules” just seem imaginary media fodder.  I’ve flown out and back once, my wife and daughter twice during the lockdown.  The only thing that seemed off was of course the masks and few people on the planes and airports.

We’ve literally changed nothing on our “out and about” lives (except what was forced by business closings) and we’ve never been stopped or questioned about it by anybody but the worthless and powerless internet shaming police (my daughter had some pretty funny fights she let me read....a chip off the old block!)  :lol:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I havent heard much about that here. Chicago is a hub for interstate commerce so there is always "other states" cooties around. Wouldnt make much sense to limit one and not the other. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I havent heard much about that here. Chicago is a hub for interstate commerce so there is always "other states" cooties around. Wouldnt make much sense to limit one and not the other. 

I got a letter from the state of Wisconsin stating don't come up to the cabin until maybe May 26th and if you do you must self quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/04/04/coronavirus-travel-restrictions-us-states-quarantine-requirements/2947021001/

Just now, Highmark said:

I got a letter from the state of Wisconsin stating don't come up to the cabin until maybe May 26th and if you do you must self quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/04/04/coronavirus-travel-restrictions-us-states-quarantine-requirements/2947021001/

Yeah not alot of cabins in north east Illinois. :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah not alot of cabins in north east Illinois. :dunno: 

Just making the point a lot of states have requirements when you come in for non essential travel.   Not saying I agree with it at all.

Many states have the same for their own residents who travel outside their state....especially to the higher concentrations of the virus like NYC.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Just making the point a lot of states have requirements when you come in for non essential travel.   Not saying I agree with it at all.

Many states have the same for their own residents who travel outside their state....especially to the higher concentrations of the virus like NYC.   

Yeah I know but those are in areas that dont have very good medical infrastructure to deal with a pandemic, thats not the case in Northern IL. Also there is far too much going on here to track anything like that so nobody is really monitoring interstate travel. Not that I have seen and I travel between states everyday. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Highmark said:

Some states say if you come into their state from another you must self quarantine for 14 days.

And some State like mine say if you travel from Southern WI to Northern you should do the same. A lot of pissed off people that live up north after fishing opener last weekend. License plates from Illinois Minnesota Michigan Iowa etc all over the place. 

15 minutes ago, jammin said:

And some State like mine say if you travel from Southern WI to Northern you should do the same. A lot of pissed off people that live up north after fishing opener last weekend. License plates from Illinois Minnesota Michigan Iowa etc all over the place. 

Too bad, you can't stop people from living their lives at this point, the locals can go pound sand.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jammin said:

How was the fishing?

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

That letter is a suggestion. There is no rule or law. Fuck the governor of Wi and Mi. I’ve been in 4 states in the last week.

28 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Too bad, you can't stop people from living their lives at this point, the locals can go pound sand.

The Yoopers around me were happy I came up. I stayed away from the old timers. Quite a few locals came by and had a beer,and I was invited to a few parties. Spent a few hours in a bar that was closed as well.