Check your account email address ×

Pacific crest trail in 3 minutes.

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I always wanted to try that. Never could get that much time off. I could skip the desert part though. 
There’s a cool trail that follows the Manistee River by my cabin in northern Michigan, I’ve done about half of it in sections.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Friend was going to do the Appalachian this year,  unfortunately with the COVID he could not start it on time so has had to push it off.

I think most if not all that started before it hit have gotten off the AT. Only option now is a flip flop or to start in ME in June/July and head south. 

That would be pretty cool, one of the reasons I like snowmobiling and other off road sports is you get to see parts of the country you wouldnt otherwise get to see. But personally I think I would rather do the Appalachian trail than that one. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Anler said:

That would be pretty cool, one of the reasons I like snowmobiling and other off road sports is you get to see parts of the country you wouldnt otherwise get to see. But personally I think I would rather do the Appalachian trail than that one. 

Ive followed guys on YT that have done both.  The AT is a lot more social due to the crowdd. I always wanted to do it SB starting in Maine in late June or early July. You would meet the NB bubble in New England. Clear sailing the rest of the way with the exception of some day hikers. 

3 hours ago, ckf said:

I think most if not all that started before it hit have gotten off the AT. Only option now is a flip flop or to start in ME in June/July and head south. 

yup,  he was one.  Friends daughter did it a few years back right after she graduated college,  fucking crazy to do that or the PCT IMO

I came across a tahd on the A.T. while Sledding around Grafton notch a couple years back. It was getting late in the day, it was about 8* out he was wearing next to nothing warm, i think he had on moccasins and he was Blue!  Didnt he just stare me down as i putted bye saying uuuugh hello,, ya want a lift 🤣🤣.
He had a tiny pack and it was going to go down well below 0* f  No sleeping bag in site :cold:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ckf said:

Odd, I would figure thru-hiking would be an excellent way of social distancing.