Check your account email address ×

If deficits don’t matter

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

There is NO EVIDENCE what so ever that Trump wants to cut Medicare or SS.

Ben is falling for all the articles being pushed.   THIS HAPPENS EVERY ELECTION CYCLE and not one place in the plan do they ever cut like the articles try and push.

The usual suspects continue to fall for it.   I can go back YEARS and find articles like this and it never materializes like they say.

SMH

I forgot to trumpets words don't matter when it comes to dear leader 

As usual, not one bit of evidence that this ever happens.   BTW, when it doesn't happen like the dems push, then they always use the same excuse....."it will happen in his SECOND term"  LOL  Some people just can't seem to figure it out.

15 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Even Bernie Sanders is smarter than racer

Screenshot_20200428-181032.png

Imagine that, Bernie Sanders AGAINST a payroll tax cut.   Do you ever start to understand that when taxes get cut, the government DOES NOT GET MONEY and Democrats are always against it.   Can you list ONE democrat that was FOR the payroll tax cut?

Edited by racer254

Bernie understands that when people aren't working they aren't paying taxes still something you don;t understand,.  

He does miss the point that the gov is already giving $2400/mo which along with state unemployment is more than most of these people were making 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Bernie understands that when people aren't working they aren't paying taxes still something you don;t understand,.  

He does miss the point that the gov is already giving $2400/mo which along with state unemployment is more than most of these people were making 

I just can't believe that so many people fall for what you said. Taxes come out of unemployment too.   So even when they are not working, the government is still getting taxes.  

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I just can't believe that so many people fall for what you said. Taxes come out of unemployment too.   So even when they are not working, the government is still getting taxes.  

But UE is less pay than normal pay, less pay =less tax, and in fact will put many in a non tax paying situation or an even lower tax bracket.

The tax holiday benefits people making 511.00 per day far more than anyone making less than that.

29 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

But UE is less pay than normal pay, less pay =less tax, and in fact will put many in a non tax paying situation or an even lower tax bracket.

The tax holiday benefits people making 511.00 per day far more than anyone making less than that.

Yes, I believe everyone on this forum understands the way tax brackets work.   People that make more income generally pay more in taxes.  Would you rather everyone just pay 10% flat tax or maybe our tax holiday could just cut 10% off everyone's bracket.

Edited by racer254

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yes, I believe everyone on this forum understands the way tax brackets work.   People that make more income generally pay more in taxes.  Would you rather everyone just pay 10% flat tax or maybe our tax holiday could just cut 10% off everyone's bracket.

You just killed your argument, 10% off a 1300.00 dollar tax obligation, or 1200.00 tax free all at once. If you are making 511.00 per day you should be able to get by.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

You just killed your argument, 10% off a 1300.00 dollar tax obligation, or 1200.00 tax free all at once. If you are making 511.00 per day you should be able to get by.

Dude, you got what you wanted.  You got the stimulus and all the fraud that comes with it.   A tax holiday would have stopped that, but you didn't want to even consider it.

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Dude, you got what you wanted.  You got the stimulus and all the fraud that comes with it.   A tax holiday would have stopped that, but you didn't want to even consider it.

No I wanted  a million, like the big guys got.  A tax holiday would do little for the people who most needed help. Trump removed the guy who was to oversee the distribution of funds, his admin. wanted to keep the identity of those receiving the funds secret for at least 6 months.

57 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

not right now 

but even then the effective tax rate most of UI are paying is minimal therefore the effect of any tax holiday is minimal and benefits the rich way more than the working class. 

I do think that the maximum people receive under UI including state and federal subsidy should be no more than 75% of their regualr pay to incent them to go look for other work.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not right now 

but even then the effective tax rate most of UI are paying is minimal therefore the effect of any tax holiday is minimal and benefits the rich way more than the working class. 

I do think that the maximum people receive under UI including state and federal subsidy should be no more than 75% of their regualr pay to incent them to go look for other work.  

Due to the 600.00 but that is for 4 months only.

I agree.

Unless things have changed if your employer offers you work and you refuse you lose your right to collect. I would much rather working class people get a boost than give money to corps. to continue million dollar and up salaries for ceo's and board members.

30 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Due to the 600.00 but that is for 4 months only.

I agree.

Unless things have changed if your employer offers you work and you refuse you lose your right to collect. I would much rather working class people get a boost than give money to corps. to continue million dollar and up salaries for ceo's and board members.

A tax holiday would have stopped the exact things everyone is complaining about with the stimulus.

Edited by racer254

44 minutes ago, racer254 said:

A tax holiday would have stopped the exact things everyone is complaining about with the stimulus.

No, no it wouldn't and it wouldn't do much to help those who need it most.

37 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No, no it wouldn't and it wouldn't do much to help those who need it most.

If you say it enough, you may actually start believing it.   The government has you convinced that the stimulus was the only way.   Simple minds are easily fooled.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, f7ben said:

Why are filthy fucking Republicans always attacking Medicare and SS and trying to make poor people suffer austerity?

I mean republican pieces of filth have no issue with a 4 trillion dollar budget deficit if it’s spent keeping rich people rich....why not a little extra for the poor???

:news:   Nothing wrong with going after fraud.

In Trump's fiscal 2021 budget, he calls for a reduction in outlays to the Social Security program of $24 billion over the next decade. More than half of these savings would be derived from changes made to Social Security's Disability Insurance (SSDI) program.

The president's proposed "cut" to Social Security is of special concern to the 9.9 million people who received an SSDI benefit check last month. Of these 9.9 million people, almost 8.4 million are disabled workers, many of whom are reliant on the $1,258 a month that the program pays, on average.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/120516/social-security-fraud-what-it-costing-taxpayers.asp

According to the most recent statistics available, between 2004 and 2017, the Social Security Administration (SSA) admits to improper payments totaling $1.3 trillion. Retirement, survivors, disability insurance, and Supplemental Security Income were all involved. The use of fake or stolen Social Security numbers to obtain fraudulent tax refunds from the IRS also costs taxpayers billions each year, the IRS report

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

If you say it enough, you may actually start believing it.   The government has you convinced that the stimulus was the only way.   Simple minds are easily fooled.

That would be you and only you. Who else on this site agrees with your asinine tax holiday solves everything theory.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

That would be you and only you. Who else on this site agrees with your asinine tax holiday solves everything theory.

Lots of people I see every day wanted and agree with it.   Thank god I don't use this site as the metric for ideas. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Lots of people I see every day wanted and agree with it.   Thank god I don't use this site as the metric for ideas. 

Thank god I don't live  around you and your posse of feebs! :lmao:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks