Check your account email address ×

Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China -- and the loan is due soon

Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China -- and the loan is due soon

Source: Politico

WHITE HOUSE 

Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon 

The president's financial dealings with the state-owned bank complicate his attacks on Biden. 

By MARC CAPUTO, MERIDITH MCGRAW and ANITA KUMAR 

04/24/2020 04:30 AM EDT 

Donald Trump is warning “China will own the United States” if Joe Biden is elected president. 

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show. 

Steps away from Trump Tower in Manhattan, the 43-story 1290 Avenue of the Americas skyscraper spans an entire city block. Trump owns a 30 percent stake in the property valued at more than $1 billion, making it one of the priciest addresses in his portfolio, according to his financial disclosures. 

Trump’s ownership of the building received a smattering of attention before and after his 2016 campaign. But the arrangement with the Bank of China — and its impending due date in 2022 — has gone largely unnoticed. 

{snip}

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/trump-biden-china-debt-205475 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hey, you left out a few things out of the article,..Like the 1.5 billion dollars Joe got for his son Hunter on an official visit as VP..

And  Trump is just a passive investor in the property not the owner or named in being responsible for the loan..

Aside from the historic precedent of a developer-turned president paying back millions to a bank controlled a foreign government, the 2012 Bank of China deal also stands out because Trump and his campaign have repeatedly highlighted the same bank's role in a $1.5 billion deal announced in 2013 by partners of Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden. Critics of the Bidens have seized on the fact that the agreement materialized just days after Hunter Biden traveled to China with the then-vice president, who was there on official business.

Trump is considered a passive investor who doesn’t control the financing or management of 1290 Avenue of the Americas. The main investor is Vornado Realty Trust, which owns 70 percent.

30 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hey, you left out a few things out of the article,..Like the 1.5 billion dollars Joe got for his son Hunter on an official visit as VP..

And  Trump is just a passive investor in the property not the owner or named in being responsible for the loan..

Aside from the historic precedent of a developer-turned president paying back millions to a bank controlled a foreign government, the 2012 Bank of China deal also stands out because Trump and his campaign have repeatedly highlighted the same bank's role in a $1.5 billion deal announced in 2013 by partners of Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden. Critics of the Bidens have seized on the fact that the agreement materialized just days after Hunter Biden traveled to China with the then-vice president, who was there on official business.

Trump is considered a passive investor who doesn’t control the financing or management of 1290 Avenue of the Americas. The main investor is Vornado Realty Trust, which owns 70 percent.

no no no this is not what pampers was attempting to relay 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You realize that’s fake right?

Edited by Mainecat

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You realize that’s fake right?

It's right from your article, so you are posting fake news??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

He doesn’t read the shot he posts, just the “gotcha” headline...then when confronted, he tells you to “READ THE ARTICLE!!!!”

:lol:

Dumbest member here....or there!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Both Biden and Trump are money-motivated. Unfortunately, these are not the people that should be in politics. They are usually too financially-compromised, some how, someway.

The people that should be president, are someone with a military or police background.  

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Both Biden and Trump are money-motivated. Unfortunately, these are not the people that should be in politics. They are usually too financially-compromised, some how, someway.

The people that should be president, are someone with a military or police background.  

You idiot, you've been promoting Cuomo for the past month as president and every NY'r on here has been telling you what a corrupt pile of shit he is.

Just now, BOHICA said:

:lol:@Mainecat owned.  Post an article of Biden’s shady dealings.  Exits thread promptly when it’s pointed out to him what is in his OP!

It literally was more about Biden than Trump..:lol2:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

MC attacks the articles he posts with a scalpel and surgeon like precision to cut out any parts that may counter the point he is trying to make, like a cancerous tumor.

:lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

LOL.  They both may be money motivated, unfortunately, Biden has been in politics since the 70's and trump hasn't. 

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You idiot, you've been promoting Cuomo for the past month as president and every NY'r on here has been telling you what a corrupt pile of shit he is.

STFU, you depraved, pussy-lickin' fool. You probably got syphilis from all your bad pussy, and it's affecting your brain.

The whole fukkin' country is promoting Cuomo, not me. I'm only reporting what I've seen and or read. They like the way he's handling this DEADLY, OUTRAGEOUS PANDEMIC.

I've not spoken one word outside of FS.com, regarding Cuomo. Why does Cuomo get re-elected if he's so fukkin bad???

What do you base your allegation of corruption on? Do you have actual EVIDENCE of Cuomo's corruption? 

Post all your allegations of corruption, and the evidence to substantiate it. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LOL.  They both may be money motivated, unfortunately, Biden has been in politics since the 70's and trump hasn't. 

Guess what...………….THEY BOTH SUCK!!!!!!! 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Guess what...………….THEY BOTH SUCK!!!!!!! 

Well, one has been representing the people since the 70's and he is money motivated.   The other hasn't.  See the problem?

Just now, racer254 said:

Well, one has been representing the people since the 70's and he is money motivated.   The other hasn't.  See the problem?

I see that they are both disgusting candidates for president. That's what I see. I hate them both equally. 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

I see that they are both disgusting candidates for president. That's what I see. I hate them both equally. 

LOL.  Why didn't you notice it when biden was VP or better yet when he was a senator.....  I guess trump is at least making some people stand up and notice who are the real crooks in this country.

33 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Your response wasn’t and it’s bullshit.

Haha.. MC it's straight from your link, try clicking the link you posted and reading it like an intelligent person would.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LOL.  Why didn't you notice it when biden was VP or better yet when he was a senator.....  I guess trump is at least making some people stand up and notice who are the real crooks in this country.

When Biden was a senator in Maryland, it did not affect me, and I didn't really follow his career, as I had no reason to. As VP he was basically a empty suit, filling a junk position. Trump is showing a lot of corruption, but he himself is not a suitable messenger. 

He's been president for 3 1/2 years, and the polls show a degenerate, dementia-addled 77 year old punk, beating him. 

Not good.

I stand by my previous statement...……………..THEY BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

15 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

STFU, you depraved, pussy-lickin' fool. You probably got syphilis from all your bad pussy, and it's affecting your brain.

The whole fukkin' country is promoting Cuomo, not me. I'm only reporting what I've seen and or read. They like the way he's handling this DEADLY, OUTRAGEOUS PANDEMIC.

I've not spoken one word outside of FS.com, regarding Cuomo. Why does Cuomo get re-elected if he's so fukkin bad???

What do you base your allegation of corruption on? Do you have actual EVIDENCE of Cuomo's corruption? 

Post all your allegations of corruption, and the evidence to substantiate it. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

Because of the population NYC has over the rest of the state. He gives NYC everything..All of us have posted about his and his father's corruption, they have been elbows deep in it for decades..

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Because of the population NYC has over the rest of the state. He gives NYC everything..All of us have posted about his and his father's corruption, they have been elbows deep in it for decades..

OK, for the SECOND-TIME, give the SPECIFIC ALLEGATIONS of corruption, and the EVIDENCE to support those allegations. 

8 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

When Biden was a senator in Maryland, it did not affect me, and I didn't really follow his career, as I had no reason to. As VP he was basically a empty suit, filling a junk position. Trump is showing a lot of corruption, but he himself is not a suitable messenger. 

He's been president for 3 1/2 years, and the polls show a degenerate, dementia-addled 77 year old punk, beating him. 

Not good.

I stand by my previous statement...……………..THEY BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I respect your opinion.  You are focusing half on trump, someone who hasn't had decades to cause issues.  Are you learning anything?