Check your account email address ×

The Grim Truth About the “Swedish Model”

58 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I proved the numbers are on par with Michigan/Detroit yesterday. Sweden has the same population as Michigan. Stockholm is the largest city and it has about 400K more residents compared to Michigan's largest city which is Detroit. Detroit and Stockhold have virtually the same number of covid cases and covid deaths. I'm not sure why the media wants to try to spin what Sweden did as wrong when the number show social distancing and lockdowns were no more effective then what Sweden did.

You can spin it anyway want Spintard but the numbers don't lie!!!

You didn’t prove shit. You don’t take any variables between the two populations into consideration. Overall health of the population, availability of health care, and foreign visitor traffic. You failed every step of the way. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You didn’t prove shit. You don’t take any variables between the two populations into consideration. Overall health of the population, availability of health care, and foreign visitor traffic. You failed every step of the way. 

Don't even bother...he still keeps insisting that EVERY model factored in social distancing including the one that said 2.2 million could die.  He is a disingenuous liar that posts bullshit in an effort to support his assinine narratives. 

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

I would never have guessed but Ford is right. 16 million Americans served in WW2 and just under 400k are still alive.  :dunno:

https://www.ourmilitary.com/how-many-ww2-veterans-are-still-alive/

They’re just oldies that offer nothing to society. Expendable. Let em suffocate over a week’s period. That’s the republican way. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They’re just oldies that offer nothing to society. Expendable. Let em suffocate over a week’s period. That’s the republican way. 

Amazing that the greatest generation is cast aside by some  during all of this.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amazing that the greatest generation is cast aside by some  during all of this.

It’s really not all that surprising. Societal values that include protecting the vulnerable have been replaced with numerous justifications to abandon them. All rooted in a self centered ideology. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I would never have guessed but Ford is right. 16 million Americans served in WW2 and just under 400k are still alive.  :dunno:

I was surprised there that many also. A guy I work with - his grandpa has a silver star from WW2. He's 94.

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Very few WW2 vets left.   If you were 18 in 1945 you are 92-93 now.  

My dad is a vet from ww2 and he is 94. I think a ton of guys from that time lied about their age to get in as 3 or 4 of my dad's buddies were a year or two younger than him but we're still in the war.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s really not all that surprising. Societal values that include protecting the vulnerable have been replaced with numerous justifications to abandon them. All rooted in a self centered ideology. 

Yep. A lot like abortion. Kill the vulnerable for the self centered ideology of a few. 

3 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Article last fall said there were almost 400k still alive.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

This. Almost 400 die a day too.

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You're really turning into a sad person.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Project much?

19 minutes ago, s pump said:

This. Almost 400 die a day too.

You're really turning into a sad person.

Project much?

A few people here  have said as much (and meant it)  as have several politicians.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A few people here  have said as much (and meant it)  as have several politicians.

The only person I see saying it right now is spin.  But he always says it in the most christian way.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

The only person I see saying it right now is spin.  But he always says it in the most christian way.

He was being sarcastic and I'm sorry your pea brain only processes "the right now".

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

That only proves that there are a lot of old unhealthy people in Michigan. 

Michigan 16% over 65 

Sweden 20% over 65 

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why are more Michiganders dying?  

Who knows.   Groups of people staying locked in homes can't help.  Just one difference I see.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Who knows.   Groups of people staying locked in homes can't help.  Just one difference I see.  

Sweden's death rate is over 300% higher than Ontario, whose population is slightly larger (13M v 10.5M) than Sweden's. 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Sweden's death rate is over 300% higher than Ontario, whose population is slightly larger (13M v 10.5M) than Sweden's. 

Keep in mind the amount of infectious people coming into a region in the first place plays a role in this.  

I would think typically before travel restrictions there are a lot of people that travel to and from China and Detroit within the auto industry.   Detroit was also one of 11 hubs where people were flying into.   My brothers GF flew into Detroit from Japan....she was a worker on that cruise ship quarantined there for so long. 

Not sure about Sweden. 

Edited by Highmark

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why are more Michiganders dying?  

Detroit has a large population of unhealthy African Americans...heart disease, diabetes, obesity...etc. Also there was/is a fairly large number of homes without running water because of non payment of bills. That has since been remedied but when people are unable to perform basic hygiene like hand washing it's no wonder they get sick. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Keep in mind the amount of infectious people coming into a region in the first place plays a role in this.  

I would think typically before travel restrictions there are a lot of people that travel to and from China and Detroit within the auto industry.   Detroit was also one of 11 hubs where people were flying into.   My brothers GF flew into Detroit from Japan....she was a worker on that cruise ship quarantined there for so long. 

Not sure about Sweden. 

Toronto is a bigger city than Detroit and it's airport is busier too.