Check your account email address ×

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach 'herd immunity' in weeks

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Like I said the other day, Sweden will likely come out of this better than most of the rest of Europe. 

All things considered yes they will. And quicker 

OOPSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swedish Public Health Agency made international headlines yesterday by estimating that one-third of Stockholm residents would be infected with the coronavirus by May 1. Less than 24 hours later, the Agency has taken a dramatic u-turn and withdrawn the report.

The decision was announced via Twitter: “We have discovered an error in the report and so the authors are currently going through the material again. We will republish the report as soon as it is ready.”

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

It's a country with a density of 64 people per square mile for fuck sake and New York resisted lockdown too

Subways, taxis, elevators, etc. are still operating. When did NYC go on lockdown?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Subways, taxis, elevators, etc. are still operating. When did NYC go on lockdown?  

Cuomo/DeBlasio are worried about he lockdowns in Montana and Idaho. :eyeroll:

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Cuomo/DeBlasio are worried about he lockdowns in Montana and Idaho. :eyeroll:

Im not going to minimize the challenges that NYC has with any pandemic but they shouldn't be telling others what to do. 

So what will happen to NYC, Chicago, Detroit next time there’s a pandemic. Will those cities learn from this and adjust their protocols or just let the same thing happen. 

12 minutes ago, Tinker said:

It's a country with a density of 64 people per square mile for fuck sake and New York resisted lockdown too

Sweden is the same size as Michigan Population wise. Stockholm has 974K residents and a size of 72 square miles. Detroit has 672K an is 142 square miles in size almost double. There are 14200 confirmed cases of Covidwith over 1200 deaths in Detroit. Stockholm has 16000 cases and 1937 deaths. The numbers are about the same and Stockhold is half the size with 300 thousand more residents meaning the population is denser. Social distancing and lockdowns are fucking stupid. The people who died would've died had they gotten some other virus 

Edited by jtssrx

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Mar 20 I think but lockdown is a loose term. The fuckwads invited people to join them in Chinatown Feb 24 after Trump restricted travel to China Feb 2. This is entirely my point

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Apples to apples. Several European countries are going to achieve herd immunity AND protect their oldies. 

Are their oldies healthier? More quarantined?  Getting a smaller dose of the virus?  

How are they protecting their oldies. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Are their oldies healthier? More quarantined?  Getting a smaller dose of the virus?  

How are they protecting their oldies. 

Quarantine of their nursing homes and care centers went into effect early on. They also closed borders. Sweden didn’t. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Quarantine of their nursing homes and care centers went into effect early on. They also closed borders. Sweden didn’t. 

I figured quarantining was the answer. 

Sweden should have closed its borders immediately. That was a mistake. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I figured quarantining was the answer. 

Sweden should have closed its borders immediately. That was a mistake. 

Norway and the other Scandinavian countries will hit herd immunity levels within the year. Probably faster than Sweden due to their tiny populations. Sweden made some big mistakes here and the oldies paid a price. Sweden also has a very high obesity rate so that’s going to contribute a little extra to the mortality rate. 

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

The alt left is so incredibly stupid 

sweden has more deaths. That’s the point though. Get it through quickly instead of dragging it out 

I just gotta stare at that for a bit, I simply can not absorb that much retarded in a short period of time

• Haha 2