Check your account email address ×

Inventor of N95 masks comes out of retirement to upgrade them

All those cloth masks are worthless, trust me. I used every type of mask known...…………..and these are the only ones that will give you a 100% air seal. 

Against Corona, those masks are next to useless.

That's why so many health-care workers are coming down with that shit.

P4050382.thumb.JPG.15068dfd1b91cbff5ebb8d8c9a6ea9b7.JPG

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Heroic!  Masks for everyone!  So, now...is it the masks that stop the spread again this week?

Yeah, remember when they said " DON'T BOTHER TO WEAR MASKS " !!!!!

This country is so fucked. Those junk cloth masks are far better than nothing, but they are not guaranteed protection. 

32 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

All those cloth masks are worthless, trust me. I used every type of mask known...…………..and these are the only ones that will give you a 100% air seal. 

True. I don't think N95's have enough efficiency to protect against the micron size of covid. Many sheep think they are protected fully wearing an N95 mask which may just make them feel invincible and do things they shouldn't be doing. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ridiculous. No need for those. 

4 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

vflex n95's

8 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

City EMS are using the masks like polaris 550 posted. 

We are using vflex n95's by 3m. 

We used N95's with a vent at the Nuke plant but I doubt they'd be ideal for covid due to that vent and the possibility of it sticking open slightly.

When things got serious we wore comfo's, either half or full face masks with cartridges but since there was an abundance of air headers around, and depending on the job, most wore an air supplied when they could. 

Spending a few hours or less in an N95 can get hot and sticky, depending on what you were doing. Right now I feel for you guys and gals that have to be in them for most, if not all of your shift. 

29 minutes ago, irv said:

We used N95's with a vent at the Nuke plant but I doubt they'd be ideal for covid due to that vent and the possibility of it sticking open slightly.

When things got serious we wore comfo's, either half or full face masks with cartridges but since there was an abundance of air headers around, and depending on the job, most wore an air supplied when they could. 

Spending a few hours or less in an N95 can get hot and sticky, depending on what you were doing. Right now I feel for you guys and gals that have to be in them for most, if not all of your shift. 

It depends on what’s going on. When we swab we use a surgical mask but if we are giving a nebulized medication or intubation we use an n95. I actually like the feel of the n95 better then the surgical masks. 

We use surgical masks for all patient contact otherwise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You have the cartridges on backwards you dubba...

22 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You have the cartridges on backwards you dubba...

The cartridges rotate all the way around, you fucktard. As long as they snap in, it is good to go either aimed out or back. STFU!!

STFU!!! Open a can of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

The cartridges rotate all the way around, you fucktard. As long as they snap in, it is good to go either aimed out or back. STFU!!

STFU!!! Open a can of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Just because you wear your underwear backwards doesn’t make it right.... 

more concerning is you have the particulate filters in backwards as well. The writing goes toward the charcoal canister.

Edited by JEFF

Just now, JEFF said:

Just because you wear your underwear backwards doesn’t make it right.... 

Just because you're a member of " THE NEW HAMPSHIRE FUDGEPACKERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB " doesn't make you right.