Check your account email address ×

Why do you think Sweden has less covid19 than Michigan

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

I assumed the lockdown in MI was too late and it was already blowing up.

When was lockdown ? How many cases was there ??

Y'All gotta stay the fuk away from each other regardless of the rules, I have no problem saying GTF away from me all day long

Sweden never locked down. 

2 hours ago, gravy davey said:

And people in Detroit are still using public transportation.  Do you think that has anything to do with it?

No I think Sweds are healthier. I think Americans are unhealthy and eat a garbage diet. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

How the fuck is Buttcocks still alive. Darwin should have claimed him a decade ago at least

He lives in Manitoba...Nobody gives a fuck...not even Darwin. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Compared to its neighbors, Sweden isn’t doing very good when comparative factors are entered in. Sweden’s rate of infection and death count has also been escalating quickly. Add to that Sweden’s high rate of obesity and they’re having issues. 

Denmark has done very well. 

Michigan is still a heavy international destination for trade, which is not seasonal.  Part of the reason Michigan got hit so hard was foreign carriers of the virus coming in for commerce.

Sweden in January is not a place anyone flocks to, especially Chinese.

Just now, Matt said:

Michigan is still a heavy international destination for trade, which is not seasonal.  Part of the reason Michigan got hit so hard was foreign carriers of the virus coming in for commerce.

Exactly...Metro Airport is very busy all the time.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Denmark has done very well. 

True. Yet Germany is really a shining star. Given the population and the fact it’s a trade hub says something about how well they’ve handled this. New York has been simply a disaster. They were hit not just from Asia but Europe too. Couple that with the mass transit system and it’s a giant Petri dish. I’m curious about the virus’ growth potential in states like Sweden and the rural areas of the United States. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

True. Yet Germany is really a shining star. Given the population and the fact it’s a trade hub says something about how well they’ve handled this. New York has been simply a disaster. They were hit not just from Asia but Europe too. Couple that with the mass transit system and it’s a giant Petri dish. I’m curious about the virus’ growth potential in states like Sweden and the rural areas of the United States. 

Testing,testing,testing....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Germanians are just healthier. Their seasonal flu death rates are very low too. 

italy is the opposite. Their flu season has been known to collapse their health care system 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Testing,testing,testing....

Yes. It really does appear to be the key. There’s also rate of infection. You know that the CDC has their eyes on rural populations right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yes. It really does appear to be the key. There’s also rate of infection. You know that the CDC has their eyes on rural populations right now. 

I just saw an article the infection rate in Santa Clara County was 85 x higher than they initially thought...I'll dig it up. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just saw an article the infection rate in Santa Clara County was 85 x higher than they initially thought...I'll dig it up. 

Yup 

very preliminary results though 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Germanians are just healthier. Their seasonal flu death rates are very low too. 

italy is the opposite. Their flu season has been known to collapse their health care system 

The wife is from Germany.  Inlaws are scattered all over Europe.  Most are in Germany and Austria. 

I am not sure if I would call the Germans exceptionally healthy.  Although, it is rare to see anyone obese.  I never hear anyone talking about healthy living schemes like we see at home.  I do admit that they can walk the socks off most any Americans.  Seems that everybody can ride a bike like nobody's business too.  They keep moving seems to be the best description.  I've gone for walks with old relatives that shocked me.  Eighty five year old aunt took us through the woods for a quick walk.  It ended up being four hours.  That is probably more of the norm.  I actually eat more when I visit over there.  But, I eat differently.  It is hard describe.  I just eat whatever and whenever the rest eat.  Lots of small meals throughout the day.  Social gatherings have enough varieties of cake to stock a small bakery.

I rarely catch the news during snowmobile trips, so she gives me updates when we can talk.  I still remember one night when she said" Italy has it, Things are going to get bad."  That is by the way, a very polite way of saying what she said.;)  She went on to say why it would be a problem because it was Italy.  The words were not kind.  Mostly related to their casual attitude about rules and getting organized.   She wasn't even remotely worried about Germany except for the people traveling through Italy.

Ask a German why they have succeeded.  You might be surprised.

We have had some relatives test positive.  They were pretty casual about the whole deal.  You just quarantine.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

so are Atlanta, Seattle, Toronto, SF, O'Hare, LA, and busier hubs to boot. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-antibody-testing-finds-bay-area-infections-85-times-higher-reported-researchers