Check your account email address ×

Pellet grill/smoker...what do you like?

i'd buy a camp chef or GMG if i was replacing my traeger.  I have the smallest traeger I picked up used and it works fine for a butt or a few racks of ribs.  only the 1-2 times a year I cook for a bunch do i wish for something bigger.  

• Like 2

• Advertising Member
10 hours ago, F3600 said:

Sold my charcoal smoker, looking for a smallish pellet grill, under 500 sq in.  Looking to do the single pork butt, turkey, or 2 rack of ribs, small brisket at a time.  Want to do steaks as well.  What do you have or like?

I have a cookshack FEC-100 and love it

I had a Traeger for about 7 years. I don't remember the model, but it wasn't a lower end one. 

Overpriced POS. 

Look at other brands.  Buddy has a Green MTN and is very happy with it. Seems much better built than my Traeger was. 

I just ended up pulling the trigger on a Camp Chef Smoke Pro SG 24. After reading many reviews, the Camp Chef seems to be ranked high by just about everyone.  My plan was to get the 24 DLX for $500. But Home Depot has the SG 24 on sale for $529. Seemed like a no brainier for the extra $29  :dunno:    I also got another $50 off by opening a Home Depot Card.

$479 plus tax.

https://www.campchef.com/pg24sg.html?k_cca=prospecting&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj7uGvNPw6AIVgwiICR2DoQjzEAAYASAAEgLX5_D_BwE

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just ended up pulling the trigger on a Camp Chef Smoke Pro SG 24. After reading many reviews, the Camp Chef seems to be ranked high by just about everyone.  My plan was to get the 24 DLX for $500. But Home Depot has the SG 24 on sale for $529. Seemed like a no brainier for the extra $29  :dunno:    I also got another $50 off by opening a Home Depot Card.

$479 plus tax.

https://www.campchef.com/pg24sg.html?k_cca=prospecting&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj7uGvNPw6AIVgwiICR2DoQjzEAAYASAAEgLX5_D_BwE

Sounds like a good deal :bc:

I have a  7 year old gmg Daniel Boone. Had to replace the auger once, but they sent me the parts free. Was even a couple years after warranty was expired.

I would like to try one of the masterbuilt 560 gravity fed smokers next.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

$479 plus tax.

That  is pretty slick...I might give something like that a try.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That  is pretty slick...I might give something like that a try.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. I would have spent just as much on a gas grill. Hopefully the direct grilling on this model will be good enough for burgers and dogs. I can always sear my steak in my cast iron pan if necessary. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, ckf said:

$479 plus tax.

Going to retire the Crock-Pot?? 

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We did get an Insrapot last winter.  I thought it might get some use. It only got used twice. oh well....time for grilling!!! I will be retiring the old Ducane gas grill. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 7:53 AM, Rigid1 said:

oh great thanks Rigid, now CrockpotfuckstickKF is going to whine and piss and moan  that I never sent him one...…..Pit Boss Pro Series 850 here real pleased with it

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

oh great thanks Rigid, now CrockpotfuckstickKF is going to whine and piss and moan  that I never sent him one...…..Pit Boss Pro Series 850 here real pleased with it

WTF..... I'm still waiting........    :lol:

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

:finger3:

:stoned:

Minnie even sent me her crockpot recipes scratched on a brown paper bag with a pen that was low (read out) of ink. I spent 3 weeks decoding it. Now I'm not even going to be able to try my hand at possum stew?  :sad:

6 hours ago, ckf said:

Minnie even sent me her crockpot recipes scratched on a brown paper bag with a pen that was low (read out) of ink. I spent 3 weeks decoding it. Now I'm not even going to be able to try my hand at possum stew?  :sad:

:lol2:

Update with where I landed.  Went with the GMG Davy Crockett.  Besides its overall good reviews the pricepoint and Wifi was what I was looking for.

Purchased here on sale for $279, plus coupon Spring10 for an extra $10 off.  https://pellethead.com/online-home-page/

Picked up some Pit-Boss Competition pellets at Mendards for my first cook.  Doing 3-2-1 Ribs.

5 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Update with where I landed.  Went with the GMG Davy Crockett.  Besides its overall good reviews the pricepoint and Wifi was what I was looking for.

Purchased here on sale for $279, plus coupon Spring10 for an extra $10 off.  https://pellethead.com/online-home-page/

Picked up some Pit-Boss Competition pellets at Mendards for my first cook.  Doing 3-2-1 Ribs.

good thing to start with,  with that side you might want a rib rack to put them in vertical.